Unprotected Sex

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have noticed a trend lately that people do not seem to be practicing safe sex. I don't really understand why. Do people think that they are immune to STDs? Sure, I have had unprotected sex but I was in a committed monogamous relationship and we both had been tested before we had it. Yeah, rubbers suck. They don't feel as good but I'm sorry my life is worth a lot more to me than getting off without one. Is it ignorance? Is it people who think that they are untouchable? It makes my angry. I've watched friends and mentors die of HIV/AIDS and I know that if they could go back that condom would have been on. What do you all think about unprotected sex?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm with you on this one Kyle. When I do hit that point, a condom will be automatic every time until I get to know her well enough that we're going to be together for a long time and we want kids or she's on the pill.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who was it that said "having sex with a condom on is like eating candy with the wrapper on"?

I can't use condoms. Jesus will protect me, I'll run the risk.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, sex without condoms isn't a problem if you make sure to only have sex with certain people. (And if you avoid your penis in her vagina, which isn't really a problem for gay guys: It's kinda hard to reach the vagina masculina.) In fact, you can't get AIDS without penetration.

What I don't like, though, is how people just don't seem to care about AIDS anymore. Short of mandatory testing and setting up a colony for AIDS patients on some uninhabited island, it's not going away. Since that kind of solution isn't very realistic, we'll have to make sure to be picky about our partners.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never had anal sex without a condom, even when in a monogamous relationship. It's just a good habit to get into. To my brain, buttfucking and condoms go together. I'm not taking what could be a huge risk for the sake of passing pleasure. I get tested for HIV every three to four months and have always tested negatively; I plan to continue in that status. If a guy asks me not to wear a condom, well, he's not my kind of partner.

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Guys, there are complex emotional, physical, and cultural factors they may cause a guy to bareback and I doubt anything posted in this topic is going to change his mind.You can pat yourself on the back for your own safe practices and bask in the shared reinforcement of being right but until you know someones life experiences and the pressures he faces it is pointless to scold.

We can vent about how angry we are and boast of how pure we are and recount the horrors of the 80's, but I suspect a guy barebacking will take one look at this topic and click somewhere else. Like I said its a complex problem and not given to an easy solution. I suspect it will take a dramatic up turn in AIDS deaths among the members of this generation to substantially change behavior.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Only if I'm in a monogamous relationship with someone I truly love I completely trust, would I even think about having unprotected, I'd rather be safe than sorry. But then again, I wont have "anonymous sex" if you could call it that, only if I deeply love and trust the person will I let it get to that level. I refuse to let my body be ruined by someone I meet and don't love or trust, so I wouldn't dream of not using protection unless I was in an long-term, loving, and truly trusting relationship.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by dickbulge@Mar 19 2005, 12:55 AM
You can pat yourself on the back for your own safe practices and bask in the shared reinforcement of being right but until you know someones life experiences and the pressures he faces it is pointless to scold.

I was not patting myself on the back, nor was I scolding the bareback riders. I was simply relating my honest feelings about what I feel to be a serious topic.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*Pats DMW on the back*

I know people are going to do what they want to do, but there are compelling reasons to encourage condom use, especially in a place where much of our membership is so young and may be getting bad advice. I agree that the tendancy toward using condoms is no longer as strong as it once was, and AIDS hasn't gone anywhere. It would be a shame to advocate willful negligence, but if anyone feels that sex is worth dying for, they will do as they see fit.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever people want to do is whatever people eventually will do. Myself, I won't go bareback with any lady at the very least until I've known her for a few months, and have pretty much decided to be with her & her alone.

Anytime in between, don't bother, I have NO inclination towards literally fucking up mylife. I don't care how uncomfortable the condom may be, that's the only way you'll way get me.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by dickbulge@Mar 18 2005, 06:55 PM
I suspect it will take a dramatic up turn in AIDS deaths among the members of this generation to substantially change behavior.
[post=292060]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, it's here. And it's now. HIV & AIDS has again reached epidemic proportions. So says the CDC. I won't go into the politics/religious/just say no bullshit that has contributed to the dramatic increase in the last 5 years.

But, do you want to know which demographic/ethnic groups are showing the huge infection rates? Black males. Hispanic males. Heterosexual males 18-24. Gay males 18-24. In that order. Heterosexuals make up the largest single newly infected segment of our society. HIV/AIDS in the gay community remains fairly constant and isn't showing dramatic percentage increases.

Rubbers don't feel good.......ah, too bad. Dead feels worse.

dragging soapbox off into the darkness.

Pappy

Media
You got most of it right Kink, but dead just doesn't feel!!!!
*Pats DMW on back and ass*

Anyone that is in a new relationship or having random one nighters is totally stupid not to use a condom. I'm sorry if this steps on anyones toes but it's the truth. Barebacking in this day and age is the same as playing Russian Roulette.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Mar 18 2005, 04:59 PM
I have noticed a trend lately that people do not seem to be practicing safe sex. I don't really understand why. Do people think that they are immune to STDs? Sure, I have had unprotected sex but I was in a committed monogamous relationship and we both had been tested before we had it. Yeah, rubbers suck. They don't feel as good but I'm sorry my life is worth a lot more to me than getting off without one. Is it ignorance? Is it people who think that they are untouchable? It makes my angry. I've watched friends and mentors die of HIV/AIDS and I know that if they could go back that condom would have been on. What do you all think about unprotected sex?
[post=291944]Quoted post[/post]​
Your pic demonstrates pride in self and a very fine body. Your messaging surely indicates intelligence in communicating and knowlege of your topic. Regarding others, they probably think "it can't happen to me".

You are well aware of a time when rubbers were used, only, to prevent the creation of life (and avoid Clapp, etc). Now rubbers are necessary to avoid taking lives, YOURS & your partner, (HIV and and the new strain of lympho granuloma venerium and who knows what else cannot be taken lightly.. Find the best fit and feel and enjoy the moment(s).

And you are most correct that, your life is more important than bareback contact. Though the mechanical process is full of pleasure and power, it not as important as the goal of the mind-blowing surge of release of your superheated "cocktail" over and over again for a long life time.

I am new to the lpsg site and hope I have not crossed any lines here.

blackwood

Goon:
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Mar 18 2005, 05:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Mar 18 2005, 05:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dickbulge@Mar 19 2005, 12:55 AM
You can pat yourself on the back for your own safe practices and bask in the shared reinforcement  of being right but until you know someones life experiences and the pressures he faces it is pointless to scold.

I was not patting myself on the back, nor was I scolding the bareback riders. I was simply relating my honest feelings about what I feel to be a serious topic.
[post=292084]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

DMW, I admire your balls, as usual.

I have watched good, sweet people get AIDS, suffer needlessly and die for the sake of barebacking or because someone shamed them into not using a condom. I have watched beautiful men (and women) waste away and die. Wearing rubbers is a no brainer.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Pappy@Mar 19 2005, 12:42 AM
You got most of it right Kink, but dead just doesn&#39;t feel&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[post=292138]Quoted post[/post]​

I stand corrected. However, the process of "becoming dead" probably isn&#39;t so pleasant in this case.

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Pappy@Mar 18 2005, 11:42 PM
You got most of it right Kink, but dead just doesn&#39;t feel&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
*Pats DMW on back and ass*

Anyone that is in a new relationship or having random one nighters is totally stupid not to use a condom. I&#39;m sorry if this steps on anyones toes but it&#39;s the truth. Barebacking in this day and age is the same as playing Russian Roulette.
[post=292138]Quoted post[/post]​

Well Pappy you are hardly likely to step on any toes cause everyone posting, with two exceptions, holds exactly the same view.

And those two contrary views elicited zero responses. I would like to know why a guy does NOT practice safe rather than why he does.

DenBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I believe it is just plain stupid to bareback unless you are in a committed relationship. As to the difference in the feeling, for me at least it is almost undetectable, and since I like to slut around I&#39;m going to play safe.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
True, Kink. AIDS is nasty. (It&#39;s actually males 30-34 who have the highest rate, though. Among heterosexuals in particular, it&#39;s females 30-34; something about how it&#39;s easier to transmit it to the receptive partner than the other way around) Bottom line:

Minimize your number of partners.
Always use condoms, or simply don&#39;t do stuff which involves penetration.

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
TROJAN MAGNUM XL for me&#33; Wear them all the time when being a TOP giver&#33; And I don&#39;t BOTTOM so I don&#39;t have to worry about that end.