Unprotected Sex

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, for fellatio, the receptive partner has less risk without a condom than anal with, but there's still a risk, and you can still use condoms. (Personally, I don't like the idea, since seeing his orgasm is part of the turn-on, but I wouldn't recommend any unprotected sex unless you're 100% faithful to each other.) For cunnilingus, though, there's no risk for AIDS. Dental dams can protect against other diseases, though.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last week I read a news squib about teens that had pledged abstinence. Apparently, there has been a large and credible study that the rate of STDs among this group is substantially higher than in groups that had sex ed and used protection. huh?

Well, it seems that teens who pledged abstinence until marriage were almost twice as likely to engage in oral and anal sex as their counterparts who used condoms for all/most sexal encounters. It seems that abstinence becomes twisted to mean vaginal sex; perhaps, Bill Clinton was right after all. :p

When will some realize that sex ed is a public health issue and that a teen is gonna do what a teen gotta do? or hormones rule!

jay

husky14620

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Another factor only touched on lightly so far is the drug marketing.

Every HIV drug ad shows some hot, buff, virile, tanned hunk who is in "great" health thanks to whichever cocktail pill they are trying to sell. HIV is just a nuisence, just like high blood pressure or diabetes. No one "dies" of it any more.

Not entirely true, hell not true at all. But that never stopped advertisers from distorting the truth to sell a product. Just 'cause the product can kill. Yes, I know they aren't "selling HIV", but by selling their drugs as panaceae, aren't they selling HIV as survivable at the very least? We are holding the tobacco companies liable for selling their cancer sticks, why can't we also hold these drug companies liable for selling HIV?

And as some others have stated, you can't even stop using condoms when in a monogamous relationship. I have friends, a couple for more than a decade. One found out the other was cheating three years ago. They did the therapy route, well, the one did. The other kept playing, more covertly. They are separating now. But I had to tell the one cheated on that he has to go be tested. He knew it in his heart, yet he is having trouble accepting it in his head. Who knows how long the other one cheated, whether it was before they stopped being intimate or not. We do know the other has had unprotected sex, because of his on-line profile. And knowing the other brought (or will bring) it on himself is making even me very angry. I've considered them both part of my immediate family for nearly two decades each, and the entire time they were together. I can only imagine the amount of betrayal the one who didn't cheat feels.

This is part of why I remain abstinent. I prefer getting fucked condomless, but sex is NEVER worth dying for. And even people you have known and loved for years can betray you.

Mother

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb@Apr 4 2005, 01:44 AM
Well, for fellatio, the receptive partner has less risk without a condom than anal with, but there's still a risk, and you can still use condoms... I wouldn't recommend any unprotected sex unless you're 100% faithful to each other.) For cunnilingus, though, there's no risk for AIDS...
[post=296650]Quoted post[/post]​

JonB, I agree with you on the safety factor. I got a rather lengthy scolding from my doctor about this one since one of my weaknesses is oral on other men--calm down folks my partner knows about this and is not seemingly bothered by it, and it is restricted only to oral, nothing else, meaning I'm only a partial slut.
Anyway, my curiosity here comes from your comment that with cunnilingus there is no risk for AIDS. I am wondering if this can really be true or is it just that the medical community hasn't found a proven case yet. If the HIV can be transfered through even an infinitesimal cut wouldn't the possibility exist for this to happen if both parties had a cut of some sort? Just curious that's all.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
The CDC reports no cases of HIV spread via cunnilingus, masturbation, frotteurism, tribadism, or any variety of other non-penetrative sex acts.

There are, of course, other ways you can get HIV. So remember, don't do drugs, and don't borrow anybody else's razor or letter opener if you're into self-harm.