Unspoken expectations of behavior

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: It seems to me that, generally speaking, this board has some expectations of behavior that if a poster disregards either through deliberate thought or ignorance, the board tends to comment on that behavior aberration.  

Is that how it seems to you?

I thought I would start a list of behaviors that seem to be encouraged and welcomed and maybe some of the rest could chime in.

1.  Active pedophile behavior of any sort is not tolerated.

2.  "Safe sex" is always encouraged and if you choose to relate about behaviors that are not defined as safe sex, be prepared to hear at least one comment about it.

2.  Other than those two exceptions, any other personal choice seems to be tolerated and not judged.

3.  Posters are to pose their questions and comments in a manner as articulate as possible.  This board has many members who are not native English speakers and my hat goes off to you all for the fabulous skills you demonstrate in communicating in English.

4.  expectation #3 holds true even if the poster is young.  

Any other thoughts?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

5. Females are welcome and are encouraged to share their unique opinions and experiences. Women see many things from a totally different perspective than men and those reminders are instructional, to say the least.

Pecker

3. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: 5. We are here as a support group for the well endowed and is therefore not a place to put down, make snide remarks at or otherwise be negative towards the size of these gentlemen's endowments...no matter how envious you may be. ;D

4. Imported

Gold Member

Rayolin: 8. Being able to count in correct numerical order is a must. :D

5. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: We won't tell Nony she can't count. hehehe :D

9. Treat everyone with the same respect you would like to be treated.

10. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to that opinion.

11. No personal attacks.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1056044795;start=0#0 date=06/19/03 at 10:41:47]

2.  Other than those two exceptions, any other personal choice seems to be tolerated and not judged.
    [/quote]

I'm not so sure about that. Certain subjects like adultery show up on this board from time to time. If a poster refers to situations which are likely to be deemed morally objectionable by members, he should not be surprised if someone voices that objection. Especially if the original poster asks opinions concerning the morality of the situation. (Older members will, I'm sure, recognise the thread to which I'm referring.)

Addendum to this one: Make an attempt at using punctuation. Where to divide words can make all the difference in the world when trying to decipher some of these posts. And as all caps are considered rude in general in the cyber world, they are frowned upon here. Turn off the caps lock.

12. Though an occasional comment to someone on the board is fine, running dialogues of a personal nature belong in the IM box, not in public space.

7. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Crap, I screwed up the number order too...

Well who SAYS there can't be two 2s and two 5s??

Oy.
    Go girls!

13. Dont IM your cock pics to people who don't ask for them. We'll either look in the MSN group or ask if we'd like to see them. Thanks!

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Ooh, I just thought of another one:

13. I don't mind corresponding with the under 18 doodles; in fact, I've rather enjoyed it. However, if you're under 18 DO NOT send me your naked photo. A picture of a naked 14 year old in my mailbox is not cool ... in fact, it's illegal!

9. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Yikes. :eek: I hate it when I do that.

10. Imported

Gold Member

kyle: 14. Send your checks, money orders, and CASH to Kyle, PO Box ... ;)

11. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hey now, I'm still accepting donations to my Dee's Going to Grad School fund. (Click the Paypal link on my website.) 8)

12. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: 15.
    Please check at least one additional page of the listing to see if the topic has been brought up before - or SOMEONE will mention it....

"This has been done to death"
    "This is on page 9"

16. Do NOT be offended if your topic goes into a diatribe between two members...it means your post struck a nerve. Read and learn.

13. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I dunno, I don't mind when topics repeat - I simply don't repost my opinion. I like when people post the link to the similar thread...

My reasoning is simple: There are what, 11000 members and 78968589 pages to read...sure there's a search function but, with all the new members joining everyday, even IF a topic has been "done to death" there will be those that haven't had a chance to respond, might have the same issue or even an interest in that topic. Obviously it's a common topic if it's come up again.

I'm not ovely fond of the posts chastizing someone for bringing up an existing topic.

14. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I'm not fond of the chastizing either - I prefer a nice, kind "here's the link to the last time we talked about this" instead of "Oh, God, again?!?"

15. Imported

Gold Member

HUMONGOUS: [quote author=aussiechick63 link=board=99;num=1056044795;start=0#4 date=06/20/03 at 04:52:22]We won't tell Nony she can't count.  hehehe  :D

9. Treat everyone with the same respect you would like to be treated.

10. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to that opinion.

[/quote]
    anyone who reads the threads know that #9, #10, and #11 are not being adhered to. the biggest offenders are the moderators, namely tender, gigantikok, and DMW. their attitude sets the tone for the others. if you read some of the comments I have posted and their oftentimes, rude and discourteous comments it will underscore my point. a lot of the threads have been turned into insult threads, and personal attacks are more common than not. what is the purpose of moderating if it is the moderator who is leading and  engaging in the attacks. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D :D :-[ :p :-X ???

Draft saved Draft deleted