Unusual, But Kind, Offer

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by rope9839, Oct 11, 2004.

1. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've mentioned here before that I got divorced within the last year. This weekend I ran into one of my ex's old friends at the store. I hadn't seen her in years, as she and my ex had a bit of a falling out several years ago. This was too bad, because I always thought that she was one of her most interesting friends.

Anyway, after catching up a bit and filling her in on what had happened to end the marriage,she made a pretty unusual offer. She told me that she was sure that I had a lot of people that could give me better advice than she could, so she wouldn't try. What she offered instead is pretty wild. She told me that she felt that men often make some really stupid decisons because of their dicks. She then said that, if I ever thought I was about to do something dumb based on sex, to give her a call. She would get me off and I could evaluate the situation with a clear head. I laughed and said thanks. Honestly, I knew exactly what she was talking about. She also told me that she knew I was a good guy and wouldn't abuse this offer.

I don't have any feelings for this woman and I really don't know if I would take her up on this even if the need arose. But it did reinforce my feeling that she was a pretty cool chick.

Anybody else ever have something like this happen?

2. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

If you accept her offer, you are thinking withyour dick! Just jack yourself off if you are frustrated - you are far less likely to make a stupid decision from thinking with your dick.

3. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

"Do something dumb?" Is she just offering you meaningless sex? Maybe your explanation didn't come across right, but she sounds kinda weird.

4. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seemed pretty straightforward. She's saying that a lot of guys will get themsleves into bad situations just to get their rocks off. Quite often a piece of ass will come with a lot of baggage. She simply offered to take some of the pressure off by letting me know that I had a safety valve and didn't have to get myself into a screwed up mess just because I was tired of jacking off. Far from weird, I thought it was actually a pretty enlightened position to take.

5. bigenuf

bigenuf New Member

Well now I think I've heard every excuse in the book. Sounds like she's "thinking with her cunt". She problably was told by your ex that you are hung and wants to get into your pants.

If you want to take her up on her offer-- fine, but don't be fooled into believing she just trying to save you from your dick.

6. woskxn

woskxn New Member

Albums:
    well, in short, she is kind of a slut. She is basically saying you can fuck her whenever you want, and there will be no responsibility..she is desperate. Maybe its a fantasy for her, since you know her and the circumstance you explained.

I mean, great situation for you, if thats what you are looking for. (just sex)

7. D_that's a tall order

D_that's a tall order Account Disabled

Sounds like she's "thinking with her cunt".

Well, that's classy. Of all the terms for vagina you could have used...Way to go.

8. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I think the offence was intended. After all, it isn't just men that act irrational. Irrationality is part of being human. After all, men are just allowed to get away with it while with women it's blamed on mythical "hormones".

9. Knight-7x6

Knight-7x6 New Member

Albums:
    I agree she probably wants you because your ex mentioned you were hung. I mean it sounds whacky and you have to ask yourself how she thought up that offer.

eg - he'll be wanting to have (lots of) sex now > with different women > he's hung > I want some > how can I get some

10. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    Man, you guys are tough.

First, I have a girlfriend who, luckily, seems pretty well adjusted. I can't imagine needing to take Terri up on her offer soon.

This being said, you are correct that she probably has a good idea of the size of my dick. She was working as a stripper when my wife and I first met. I went to her club for my bachelor party and she set up free lap dances for me all night. She gave me a couple herself. I am also pretty sure tha she and my ex talked about their sex lives with each other.

I honestly don't think, however, that she is simply looking to try me on for size. One of the cool things about her is that she has always had a pretty casual attitude toward sex. It is a recreational activity and doesn't come with a ton of baggage, at least in her world. Also, before settling down into a pretty mudnance existance as a middle American single Mom, she has been around the block a few times. She is clearly street smart and probably understands the ins and outs of male / female relationships (no pun intended) as well as anyone I know.

I've known this woman for 15 years. Really, I think it is unfair to call her names or suggest that she was doing anyting but making an offer out of concern for an old friend. You guys might think she is a whore, but I really thought she was offering to help out in a unique way.

11. Bradleem

Bradleem New Member

Hey Rope

as a general rule you are better off staying away from people who were closely involved with someone you had a serious relationship with.........even tho women have a reputation for being close to other women when it comes to friendship etc..............in reality when a man is involved women are the biggest competitors...........even mothers vs daughters when a man is at the center..........in that sense you never want to trust the female side of the human species...........they will find a way to involve you or use you to get revenge at another person...............the big clue for you here is that your ex and her had a major falling out...............so it would be a coup for this person to be able to say she had sex with you...............even tho your ex is no longer involved with you it would still create a situation where she would be hurt if you allowed yourself the opportunity to get laid by her...............then again...........if you are the type of person who feels that "stiff cocks have no conscience" then by all means have sex with her and do not look back..............after all a lay is a lay is a lay.........no such thing as bad sex.

12. jonb

Gold Member

Sex makes people do stupid things. This is just another case of it.

13. Imported

Gold Member

monstro: Sounds to me like she's an open person who cares about you and understands this might be a vulnerable time in your life and that she'd like to help you avoid any unnecessary pain that a confused impulse with a stranger might cause. Jeez, isn't there a term for a woman like that?

Oh, yeah I remember, it's ... friend.

14. bigenuf

bigenuf New Member

Help me out here--could you list a few "classy" terms for vagina that I could have used instead?

15. jonb

Gold Member

Well, there's "wetness" for one. Or "sex". Anything you haven't used since you were like, six.

But trust me: When an ex offers sex because you'll be irrational if you don't have sex, class has left the building.

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

Geez guys, I thought the term for this situation was "fuckbuddy"- surely there's no harm in that? Sounds like a good friend that may have some free time and enjoy some mutually satisfying sex without getting tangled up in a confusing relationship.
    I agree with you Rope, she sounds like a cool chic to me too.

17. Imported

Gold Member

Just A Guy: For me a 'fuckbuddy' is someone you were intimate partners with previously but have since 'moved on' from, and you are both mature enough to know neither of you wants to 'move back'. You can enjoy sex with one another because you share a deep measure of trust. This just sounds like a freaky sex offer wrapped in the illusion of friendship.

18. rope9839

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know, I feel like there is a double standard at work here. If, instead of the scene that I described, I would have written: "Ran into an old friend who is recently divorced. She used to be a stripper and still has a really hot body. I told her that I could understand that she probably didn't want a relationship, however, we both know what I've got between my legs. If she wanted to try it on for size, give me a call," I would have cheerleaeders posting to this thread telling me to tear it up. Instead, the fact that this woman offered the prospect of sex without any real emotional attachments makes her a slut. I guess the is one burden that we don't have to carry as men.

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

See, in our society it's still easier to be gay than to be an emancipated woman.

20. jonb

Gold Member

Hey, what about being a gay man and an emancipated woman like Fred Martinez? (Don't ask how that works. What's bad is, the gay press implied that his killer was another Indian.)

Draft saved Draft deleted