Unusual Recipes?

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What is the most unusual recipe you actually have that is printed in a book?

Native American Cookin'

French Fried Skunk:

2 skunks skinned and cleaned
1 tbsp. salt
Water to cover

2 cups bear fat

2 egg yokes beaten
3 cups milk or cream
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp.baking powder.

Clean and wash skunks, making sure scent glands are removed. Cut into small serving pieces. Place meat in pot cover with water, bring to boil cover and simmer until tender about 40 min.

Make a batter with eggs,milk, flour, salt, and baking powder.

Heat bear fat in large pot to 360 degrees. Dip the pieces of skunk in batter and fry until golden brown.

Drain well and serve. Yum, yum.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Dirty Steak

2 Big New York Strip steaks, 2" thick. Thicker, if you like and if you dare.
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 Lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Build a fire of split hardwood logs, bark side down. When the wood is completely covered in char, throw the steaks in the fire. Three minutes will give you rare, 4 will be mid-rare, 5 will be medium, 6 will be well done, and over 6 will be a burnt offering.

Remove steaks from fire and brush any coals or charred wood that may adhere to surface of meat. Squeeze lemon juice onto meat, then sprinkle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, and cut into thin slices with a very sharp knife. Serve immediately.

This dish is best served to company, especially if they are the type of folks who will be aghast at seeing expensive meat thrown into the fireplace.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the 70s I shared a household copy of Andre Simon's Encyclopedia of Gastronomy. It started with Aardvark and ended with Zebra.

(Bear in mind I'm a cat lover here.) For cat it suggested "Don't drown your unwanted kittens, bake them" !!! :eek:

We never did follow any of the recipes in that book. But what a read!

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually use a combination of crumbled hamburger and sausage in my lasagna. I thought about trying smoked sausage cut into chunks. Any thoughts on this?

Go for it. I use a combination of pork and beef mince for my bolognese sauce, and it comes out beautifully. Some chopped chorizo or similar would do great things.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want the best danish cookie available. I have this one recipe that you make the dough, refrigerate, then slice and bake with a little piece of candied cherry. They are good but I want better. Here is the thing. I have a friend who has this recipe. I have helped him so much over the years. The only think I ever asked from him was this recipe...which he never makes anyway. He published a version of it once ...and that is the recipe I have but it is not the same. These people that change the recipe to fuck over someone makes me nuts. So if you know of one that is crisp and almost has a short bread edge to it. I would love it brothers

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What is the most unusual recipe you actually have that is printed in a book?

Just about anything would qualify since I usually make some alteration from the ingredients listed in a book recipe. If I am out of something I make a substitute which has always worked out for me.