Unwanted House Guest

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OH some of ya'll are talkin' spiders now...eeks. Terrified of those tho...BUT after one getting into my bed a couple yrs ago...biting me in my sleep and me almost dying...yah..I have a TOTALLY good reason. Brown recluse are NO JOKE. lol BTW...they hide in dark warm places...build no webs...hunt at night and bed ruffles are just a ladder to your bed for spiders. :) I had no bed ruffles but I kicked the covers off halfway onto the floor that night. I was 24 hrs from dying the dr said, AFTER surgery had been performed. They got all the necrosis out the first time...so I was lucky.

Google Brown Recluse if you wanna be paranoid for the rest of your life. :)

I'm rather fond of warm dark places myself....

D

deleted3782

Wow -- the woman I was talking about is from NC. Graduated from East Carolina. Sounds like a snake infested part of the country.

I've seen snakes around the outside of this house before...and two years ago there was a 2' black snake in the driveway one morning...but that was the last one I saw. I have lot of animals in my yard...groundhogs, deer, raccoons, fox, chipmunks and squirrels. Its a zoo!

MMT22

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I live in Tennessee and have always been told black snakes were good to have around. They keep poisonous snakes such as rattle snakes away. Not cool to find it in the house though!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow -- the woman I was talking about is from NC. Graduated from East Carolina. Sounds like a snake infested part of the country. Another friend from Virginia had a mom who was afraid of snakes so she made her as a child prune the ivy where the snakes were! However she did insist she take the dog along. :rolleyes:

My mom is deathly afraid of snakes. I remember many times going on "nature walks" as she called them when we were kids. She liked seeing nature -- except snakes. She would scream, go straight up in the air, move sideways 6 feet and come down, I swear. Never saw anything like it, before or since. LOL

Well living around snakes, one would think I would be able to control myself when confronted with one... NOPE. My ex boyfriend and I came back to my place one night I got out of the vehicle and took about 5 steps and proceeded to jump up and down screaming while he tried to figure out what the heck was wrong with me. About 3 feet from me was a coiled rattler. Until he spoke to me I couldn't move other than to hop in place:rolleyes:

I have also brought I plant into the house for the winter and had a rat snake crawl out of it!!

Seriously I'm not afraid of them if someone places it in my hands and I know it's not poisonious, but a wild snake freaks me out.

I have similar reactions to spiders. My Moms boyfriend had one of the big fuzzy ones in their bedroom in a glass container... I told him under no terms was he to bring it out while I was there. Because I would kill it. DEAD. I later told my Mom that I would calmly open the top of its home and drop lighted paper in and pretend I didn't know what happened.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
XYZ you are braver than I am. In my part of NC we usually kill them on site if they are close to the house. I know the Black snake and the king snake are not bad to have around poison wise; but I always say in the dark you dont have time to look under your feet to see it the snake is friend or foe.

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
@OP... Curious where in NC you live? Do you live in a well developed area or more towards open land areas?

Just outside of Raleigh here in a newer development with lots of open land around me yet.

I've found snake skin (from moulting) outside so I know there are snakes around , but fortunately never met them inside.

I have freaked a bit when I found Black Widow spiders. In the past 2 years only one in the house but mostly outside. When I first moved in, being around undeveloped land and the house sat unoccupied for almost a year, I opted to have the house fumigated before moving in. The next day I noticed all these round black pebbles around the foundation. I picked one up and noticed the trademark red hour glass. :eek: It and dozens of its close friends were toast but it still freaked me out that they were around and that I was holding one. Bleah . . . .

Black Widows seem . . . exotic or something to me. Never thought they were as common around here as I've come to find out. Friends have had one or two of them in their houses, too. Eeeewww. . . . .

D

deleted3782

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ex now why are you being so standoffish? Just when little Blackie feels comfortable enough to introduce himself you go all freaky and run him off.

I have had the same situation happen to me twice before, and to say it can be rattling is an understatement. Did you really scream like a little girl?

I have always been told, ''Where there is one, there is surly another''. Just saying, no way of knowing. :dunno:

But knowing you are surrounded as you are by nature, just watch where you step. :paranoid:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
other then rattlesnakes most of ours are harmless, in fact you want kingsnakes around as they kill and eat rattlers. When I had the horse, I would have to catch and remove mostly baby rattlesnakes from the feed shed. If you have the right "tools" no problem.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I ever found a snake in my apartment I would have to move to Antarctica.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've seen snakes around the outside of this house before...and two years ago there was a 2' black snake in the driveway one morning...but that was the last one I saw. I have lot of animals in my yard...groundhogs, deer, raccoons, fox, chipmunks and squirrels. Its a zoo!
I hope you had your rabies shots!:biggrin1:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a 2-foot long black snake on the floor against the wall.
If I saw a snake in my house I'd probably splurt the dildo right out of my ass!
Never had a snake in the home...but I get tons of garden snakes in my yard. I do what You did: hook 'em onto the end of a rake or broom and fling 'em. There's a huge lo-rent apartment complex right behind my house. I fling 'em over my back fence and let the illegals deal.
:biggrin1:

D

deleted3782

Never had a snake in the home...but I get tons of garden snakes in my yard. I do what You did: hook 'em onto the end of a rake or broom and fling 'em.

The locals around here say to never kill a black snake, as evidenced in this blog. Don Burleson Blog: Black Snakes keep the vipers away

2010 must be the year of the snake...

I literally burned and yanked all the vegetation away from my house trying to make it snake-unfriendly. Scorched earth policy.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My main concern would be to make sure that a suspected black snake is not a cottonmouth (aka water moccasin). A friend told me that cottonmouths look a lot like black snakes.

Here in the southwest, rattlesnakes are fairly common. My friend and his family live in Apache Junction, AZ. He's killed a number of rattlesnakes. 3 years ago, he trapped a coral snake in a glass jar and put it in the freezer. They are small, but their venom is twice as toxic as rattlesnake venom. I've seen quite a few rattlers crossing rural roads in AZ, NV, and CA. It was weird when riding a motorcycle. One of the freakiest times was when there were 4 of us riding mountain bikes through San Clemente Canyon. It's right in the middle of San Diego near La Jolla, not out in the middle of nowhere. 2 of the guys who were ahead of us were stopped in the middle of a dirt road. Just as they warned us to stop, I saw a 5' rattler resting in the road. One of the guys grabbed a dried tree branch and touched the tail. Nothing. He did it again. That rattle was so loud, it freaked me out big time. The snake cruised away, and it wasn't slow. Shortly there after I replaced the nobbies on my mountian bike with hybrid tires. My off road riding days were over. I have road bikes now and will probably never have to deal with it.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I literally burned and yanked all the vegetation away from my house trying to make it snake-unfriendly.
Had this happened to me, I'd add: "...Then checked into a hotel cos there's nofuckingway I'd be able to sleep at home."
:shocked: