Unwashed heathens...

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
Time to get something off my chest.

I do not understand people who use a public restroom and don't wash up afterwards.

I assume this happens with women. I know for a fact it happens with men, because I see it on an unsettlingly regular basis. There are guys at work who step up to the urinal, do their thing, then walk straight out of the bathroom without a stop at the sink. I've also seen this in restaurants and other places such as department stores. You can bet when I finish my business and wash up, I use the paper towel to grab the door handle on the way out.

If I had to put a rough percentage on it, I would guess about 10% of American males don't wash up after using a public restroom. Other estimates invited.

I'm not the biggest germophobe in the world, but this situation's a bit too in-the-face to ignore.

Can anyone give any insight as to why someone wouldn't wash their hands when they use a restroom? If it's a fear of germs on fixtures, just use your wrist or forearm, and rinse it afterwards. We are clever, semi-dextrous creatures. What's the hold-up?

Grumble grumble,
Kevbo

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I don't have to touch myself, why do I need to wash up? I (90% of the time) wash up....but if I've touched nothing then why wash?

D

deleted3782

I wash my hands not because my dick is dirty, but its good practice throughout the day to do it...whether they need to be washed or not...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I don't have to touch myself, why do I need to wash up? I (90% of the time) wash up....but if I've touched nothing then why wash?

I rarely wash my hands after taking a piss. My cock is usually clean and urine is sterile.:biggrin1:

:yuck: Eeeww, y'all are both nasty! :irked:

It's called good hygiene. :yuck: Nobody wants to shake your hand, or eat food you've prepared after you've touched your cock. :mad:

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Eww!
You go to the toilet you wash your hands.
It takes 2 mins of your time, is the fucking room on fire?
Sorry personal hygiene is a absolute must.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm reminded of an old joke:

Two guys were using urinals side by side. One finishes, zips and goes to the sink. The other zips and heads for the door.

"Well!" sniffed the guy at the sink. "At Harvard we were told to wash our hands after urination."
"Huh!", said the guy opening the door, "At NYU they taught us not to piss on our hands."

I'm a frequent but not obsessive hand-washer.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just checking out the Urban Dictionary and saw the term Yellow Listed http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yellow+listed as a featured term for June. Said it was used for any person who doesn't wash his or her hands after urinating.

Please wash your hands. It doesn't take long and it's basic hygiene.

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

Speaking of germophobia, we're better off not touching anything than washing our hands vigorously for 1 full minute (as that fastidious guy I see at the gym who is too stuck up to shower there) and then touching the faucet, the dryer's knob and the door handle bare hand, having possibly picked up even nastier germs / bacteria.

D

deleted3782

Seems to me urine may be sterile, but your hands won't be...
Not sure I'd want to shake hands with every Tom, Dick and Hairy!

Plus every door you open, etc I imagine it all really adds up.

Full disclosure: I am sick with a cold probably because I didnt wash my hands enough!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
how about that door handle/knob you grab on the way out after washing your hands...
do you sanitize after you touch the handle? and how about the outside of that sanitizer container, is that sterile? better yet is the handle on the tap of the sink sterile so when you go to shut it off you dont get germs after washing your hands?!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I rarely wash my hands after taking a piss. My cock is usually clean and urine is sterile.:biggrin1:

I actually wash my hands before taking a piss...for the very reason that many here have already pointed out: all the things I've touched with my hands throughout the day are much nastier and more contaminated than the skin on my cock, which has been ensconced in two layers of clothing since my last shower.

I'm not interested in transferring that nastiness onto my wang, so I wash my hands before stepping up to the urinal.
I've gotten some questioning looks from others before for doing this, but I couldn't care less. That said, I also don't piss on my hands...but I have splattered myself shaking off, which does warrant a return trip to the basin.

D

deleted3782

I've thought about washing before too, but it just seems more inclusive to wash after...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The most disgusting thing I ever saw was a guy who worked at a McDonald's (with a drive-thru headset on) walk out without washing his hands. Needless to say I did not buy food there.

dingdongdude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
urine and your dick are only sterile to yourself, so that means that every other person you touch or shake hand with does not want you dick and piss germs on them. Its just reasonable to wash after, but then I am a obsessive hand washer. I wash them all them time even for now reason I know it may be a bit much but I am a server and have been doing it for ten years (thank god im almost done with college) and have become a handwashing addict. So washing is good, cause if you take time to have clean hands then u take time to have clean everything!

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Most of the time if I get piss or shit on my hands I'll wash them.

But never when I'm around a bunch of pissant middle manager types. It's just too fun. What the hell, their noses are already brown.

On a more serious note I think germaphobes have got it backasswards. I mean how the hell are you supposed to develop a strong immune system if it never gets any exercise?

Oh yeah, I just thought of something else. It seems not a few folks around here horrified at touching someones hand that recently touched his dick would jump at the chance to put said dick directly into their mouth lol.

Last edited: