Unwashed heathens...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Actually - shelby has a point about being overly osessed with handwashing being as bad as it is good. However public restrooms already have more than their fair share of germs, I don't feel the need to add to them and I do try not to take too many away with me.

Being female I don't feel the need to wash my hands before peeing - but I most definitely do after. It's just good practise. As is wiping front to back, washing your hands before and after attending to feminine hygene issues, washing your hands after (and sometimes before) tending to the bathroom needs of young children, etc..

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We've survived thousands and thousands of years without washing our hands. A few hundred years back people only took baths once a year.

Still I always wash my hands after using the bathroom.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We've survived thousands and thousands of years without washing our hands. A few hundred years back people only took baths once a year.

Once a year? :rofl:

Where do you get this crap?

And yes, we survived as a species for a long while...but we're beyond mere survival at this point in our development. Do you have any idea what the human life expectancy was prior to van Leeuwenhoek making his little discovery?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Once a year? :rofl:

Where do you get this crap?

I did not research it but that is what was said on the History channel and it's program about bathrooms. I'm sure people cleaned themselves more often, but a full bath was probably not available to most people a few hundred years back.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the late 16th century, and for the next two centuries, bathing lost its popularity. Churches became increasingly more outspoken about the sins and self-indulgence of those who spent more of their time in the various bathhouses rather than in church, working, or looking after their families. The Ministers were particularly disturbed that so many illegitimate children were created from dubious encounters outside of marriage.

As time passed by, various citizens began to protest against the sins of the bathers. The new Christian trend was to become grubby because cleanliness was considered to be too sensuous and sexual. Dirt was a symbol of one's spiritual purity and indicated that the focus was outside one's self, rather than on personal hygiene. Refusing to bathe was proof one was beyond such things and thus not egotistical or self absorbed.

It was also believed that dirt was a protection from germs due to the numerous plagues that had previously killed a large population of England and Europe. Rather than being put off by the smell, body odour was thought to be magnetic and a turn on. Powders, perfumes, wigs, cosmetics, and layers of clothes hid the grime and body scent. If overwhelmed by a particularly potent smell, a bit of snuff to clear one's nostrils was all that was needed.

Provisions for bathing were scant because there was not enough simple plumbing to make household consumption available. When the plagues hit England in the early 1800's, so many people became ill or died that, an immediate investigation was made as to how to connect the average home with water. It was found that water was not the cause of the problem but part of the cure. England spent a lot of time and money researching this and soon became a leader in bathroom technology.

History of the Bath and the Ritual of Bathing - Pure Inside Out

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual

Thanks for the info, but what's the point of washing my hands after I have my hands on my fucker if I'm going to touch the sinkknob and then the door handle to exit the bathroom? Those things are a lot more germier than my big, clean cock? LOL:biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for the info, but what's the point of washing my hands after I have my hands on my fucker if I'm going to touch the sinkknob and then the door handle to exit the bathroom? Those things are a lot more germier than my big, clean cock? LOL:biggrin1:

Washing your hands with hot, soapy water and drying hands with enough clean paper towels. Then use the paper towel to turn off the sink and open the door with it. Then, dispose of the dirty towels in a nearby trash can.

But you do what you like...unless you work in a restaurant...:biggrin1:. You could get yourself fired and the restaurant in violation considerable fines.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Washing your hands with hot, soapy water and drying hands with enough clean paper towels. Then use the paper towel to turn off the sink and open the door with it. Then, dispose of the dirty towels in a nearby trash can.

But you do what you like...unless you work in a restaurant...:biggrin1:. You could get yourself fired and the restaurant in violation considerable fines.

I don't work in a restaurant. I can't figure out how a clean cock could be any dirtier then my face (more exposed). I shouldn't even touch my face then.:biggrin1: I think it makes no sense, but that's just me, right? Now, if there's cum on my peter, then I will wish my hands. :biggrin1::eek:

D

deleted213967

I don't work in a restaurant. I can't figure out how a clean cock could be any dirtier then my face (more exposed). I shouldn't even touch my face then.:biggrin1: I think it makes no sense, but that's just me, right? Now, if there's cum on my peter, then I will wish my hands. :biggrin1::eek:

You'd feel right at home in the 16th century...and could look forward to living another 7-8 years in your filth...

Thank you for your generous infectious contributions. We need more "honest-to-God" Schweine of your sort to control the population.

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
Wow! Touched a nerve, I think. A couple of points I'll add:

* I don't know how anyone can assert with any confidence that their penis is clean. I mean, it's down in the same general area as your anus, and the spread of fecal matter is the concern that makes the cleanliness experts break out in a cold sweat. Unless you are wearing special "segregated" underwear with a separate antiseptic pouch for your penis, it almost certainly has microscopic "undesirables" on it. (There are plenty of germs down there -- recall that many women get UTIs on a semi-regular basis, and it would probably happen to men as well if our urethras weren't so much longer.)

* As a corollary to the first point, and to reiterate what Shelby said, if you're horrified by the thought of a guy not washing his hands after he urinates, then it seems quite reasonable to insist on a bit of cleaning before proceeding with fellatio. Please believe me, I had not thought of this when starting this thread, but it occurred to me afterwards and I see Shelby also bringing it up.

Thanks all,
Kev

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just saw a news report about the spread of bacterial infections in hospitals. About 1/3 of the new admissions carried the MRSA bacteria. The main discussion was the importance of medical personal washing their hands. I know that it's a bit of a jump going from a bathroom to a hospital but still it's good practice to wash your hands after urinating. I'd even suggest washing your hands even if you just went to the restroom to check yourself in the mirror.

If there is a concern about touching the faucet or the door after you wash, leave the water running, pull off a paper towel, dry your hands, then use the towel to turn off the faucet. If there is a problem with the door knob use the same sheet or pull off another and use that to open the door.

I think is so inconsiderate for someone to not was their hands after using the restroom. I know we usually have too little time to watch after others but I am a true believer in what comes around goes around.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wow! Touched a nerve, I think. A couple of points I'll add:

* I don't know how anyone can assert with any confidence that their penis is clean. I mean, it's down in the same general area as your anus, and the spread of fecal matter is the concern that makes the cleanliness experts break out in a cold sweat. Unless you are wearing special "segregated" underwear with a separate antiseptic pouch for your penis, it almost certainly has microscopic "undesirables" on it. (There are plenty of germs down there -- recall that many women get UTIs on a semi-regular basis, and it would probably happen to men as well if our urethras weren't so much longer.)

* As a corollary to the first point, and to reiterate what Shelby said, if you're horrified by the thought of a guy not washing his hands after he urinates, then it seems quite reasonable to insist on a bit of cleaning before proceeding with fellatio. Please believe me, I had not thought of this when starting this thread, but it occurred to me afterwards and I see Shelby also bringing it up.

Thanks all,
Kev

Does everyone who sucks cock worry about the germ factor? That is really dirty, if you think about it. Comparing that to not washing your hands after urinating is absurd. Why don't we all just walk around with gloves.

I think some on this thread suffer from OCD (obsessive hand washing). There are more germs on lemons and ice put in beverages than from my hands after taking a leak (provided the man bathes regularly).:biggrin1:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
like I said the in my first post on this thread. I wash my hands 90% of the time after I pee..... If I am out in public and pee, or touch the toilet or urinal handle, I wash my hands. If I'm at home I usually wash my hands or break out the hand sanitizer. However, if I get up to pee in the middle of the night, I am not gonna stand there and wash my hands.

D

deleted213967

Kev

Amen but who ever suggested that we should throw caution to the wind during sex? Hygiene standards count even more during sex one would think.

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll wash if I'm at someone elses house or in public, mainly just for show. If I'm at home I don't. Although I do wash my hands frequently throughout the day, just not right after I piss. Usually after I've been on the computer for a bit. My mousing hand gets sweaty :p

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but if you want a decent immune system, it's imperative that you expose yourself to some germs to build up a tolerance. Besides, the same germs that may be on someone's wang are probably floating around in the air, on doorknobs, keyboards, telephones...etc.

So yeah, I don't think it's too important, not to me anyway.

Oh, and if anyone mentioned anything about fecal matter, don't worry. If you keep your toothbrush in your bathroom, it's more than likely covered in poopoo particles. I think it was Mythbusters who did an experiment to see how much fecal matter got onto toothbrushes. Even brushes that were covered up got poo on them. Shit was everywhere.

D

deleted213967

I'll wash if I'm at someone elses house or in public, mainly just for show. If I'm at home I don't. Although I do wash my hands frequently throughout the day, just not right after I piss. Usually after I've been on the computer for a bit. My mousing hand gets sweaty :p

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but if you want a decent immune system, it's imperative that you expose yourself to some germs to build up a tolerance. Besides, the same germs that may be on someone's wang are probably floating around in the air, on doorknobs, keyboards, telephones...etc.

So yeah, I don't think it's too important, not to me anyway.

Oh, and if anyone mentioned anything about fecal matter, don't worry. If you keep your toothbrush in your bathroom, it's more than likely covered in poopoo particles. I think it was Mythbusters who did an experiment to see how much fecal matter got onto toothbrushes. Even brushes that were covered up got poo on them. Shit was everywhere.

Wow!

I can tell you're Stanford Med material! Microbiology?

May we expose you to lethal MRSA and see if your corpse can be instrumental in the development of drug therapy?

Yours gratefully,

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow!

I can tell you're Stanford Med material! Microbiology?

May we expose you to lethal MRSA and see if your corpse can be instrumental in the development of drug therapy?

Yours gratefully,

Wow! I can tell you're a douche bag :eek:

You need to relax :p Seriously, you won't die if you fail to wash your hands after touching SKIN. Anything that's on any part of my body is probably on everything else. Whether you wash your hands or not, you're going to be exposed to it.