Upcoming Hernia Surgery

pasarefun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Still doing okay... still sore, numband a bit swollen down there. I went to a meeting at work yesterday and it was good to be out. I even went to lunch with the bunch afterwards.
I am still walking slowly and not carring anything other than some paper....
Thanks again for the concern!

oldriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Watch the lifting -- of anything -- friend. ANY KIND of strenuous activity can hurt you; however, the good news is that, by now, you should be okay to resume normal activities, slowly.

Listen to your doctor!

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Read thru this tread to see what I have to look forward to. I am sceduled for surgery next Mon. Feb 6th. Hopefully I will be back Tues. Dr did tell me that I will probably loose a testical when all said and done. The only scarey thing was when they were doing the registration they asked me is I had a will and what religion I was.

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Read thru this tread to see what I have to look forward to. I am sceduled for surgery next Mon. Feb 6th. Hopefully I will be back Tues. Dr did tell me that I will probably loose a testical when all said and done. The only scarey thing was when they were doing the registration they asked me is I had a will and what religion I was.

Stay away from the light.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

The religion part I've run into, the will I didn't unless they meant a living will in which case it makes sense. You have to decide what you;d be willing to be attached to if needed. (be sure to take them all so we can have you back here)
If it's a living will you also should have a health care proxy who can follow your wishes, get a good friend or close family member and talk it over with them.

Good luck in the surgery and see if they can have the testicle bronzed or something if they have to remove it, it'll make a good conversation piece at dinner parties.:eek:

1958ST

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had two inguinals one about 12 years ago now the other about 10. The second on the right I was back a work in three days after the outpaitent surgery. The first I was down about a week a sports accident years before had already permantly driven my left testicle into my groin so over the years the hernia kept getting bigger as it filled my sack. Dumb thing to wait a long time, at least the testicle did not go cancerous. Each time the surgeon made about a 2 inch incision, lapped the muscles, and tacked it with stiches, no mesh or such. It is pretty common.

Best rule to remember: start moving. The more you move the quicker you will get over it. also solves problems like constipation. The first one hurt more than the second as more intrusive.

Second rule: Do what the guy says about lifting. Don't for a while until your walking has done the job. swelling can be a problem so strictly follow the dr.'s recommendations.

thirty days and you can use your equipment. Get her done. Get back going. you will feel a whole lot better when its done.

snowman 1234

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had my third hernia repaired in Toronto four years ago . The morning aftwer surgury we all were expected to walk downstairs for breakfast . Stretching class was at 10 Am , all were encouraged to keep moving , slowly if necessary , but keep moving . I was back at work in six days . Swelling lasted about four days - figured I might finally look good in a speedo .

pasarefun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, first I will offer you the support and good will that I received when I posted this message years ago. I can make some recommendations though, make sure you set up a chair to sit in to sleep that will allow you to get up without straining. Also, take the meds right away so they can work. Get up and get out as soon as possible. Drink lots of fluids and do be afraid to sit while you piss. I was also told to have someone around for the first day.
I do have a question for you, why do you think that you will loose a testicle? I still have both of mine even after both double hernias. Just wondering.
Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, first I will offer you the support and good will that I received when I posted this message years ago. I can make some recommendations though, make sure you set up a chair to sit in to sleep that will allow you to get up without straining. Also, take the meds right away so they can work. Get up and get out as soon as possible. Drink lots of fluids and do be afraid to sit while you piss. I was also told to have someone around for the first day.
I do have a question for you, why do you think that you will loose a testicle? I still have both of mine even after both double hernias. Just wondering.
Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

The Dr told me that as bad as mine is there is the possiblity it cannot be saved.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had double hernia repair three years ago at age 50. Day surgery, you go home late in the afternoon. Virtually no scarring, they made three small incisions - navel and each side. Anaesthetized for about 90 minutes, no problems. Very little pain - if you don't try to to move too fast in the first week after.

Good luck.

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Had two inguinals one about 12 years ago now the other about 10. The second on the right I was back a work in three days after the outpaitent surgery. The first I was down about a week a sports accident years before had already permantly driven my left testicle into my groin so over the years the hernia kept getting bigger as it filled my sack. Dumb thing to wait a long time, at least the testicle did not go cancerous. Each time the surgeon made about a 2 inch incision, lapped the muscles, and tacked it with stiches, no mesh or such. It is pretty common.

Best rule to remember: start moving. The more you move the quicker you will get over it. also solves problems like constipation. The first one hurt more than the second as more intrusive.

Second rule: Do what the guy says about lifting. Don't for a while until your walking has done the job. swelling can be a problem so strictly follow the dr.'s recommendations.

thirty days and you can use your equipment. Get her done. Get back going. you will feel a whole lot better when its done.

I have an 8 inch incision with 18 staples. Told me the double meshed it. I was up walking within 4 hrs and went home the next morning by 9. Swelling is minor, and so far all is going well. Next week should get the staples out and begin light lifting.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have an 8 inch incision with 18 staples. Told me the double meshed it. I was up walking within 4 hrs and went home the next morning by 9. Swelling is minor, and so far all is going well. Next week should get the staples out and begin light lifting.

I advise not rushing into the weight lifting. There will be plenty of time for that, when it is time. Allow your body to heal. Ultimately, you and your doctor can decide when the time is right.

Congrats on your successful surgery.

pasarefun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Glad your surgery went well. Make sure you get up and walk a bit every hour. It will help the healing. I made a lot of trips back and forth to the bathroom even when I did not have to go. Use your arms to get up and take it easy when you go to the bathroom.