Update on dad

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BuffMusicIdol, Jul 20, 2005.

1. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

Just a quick note for those of you who may be interested about dad. As you recall, it seemed he didn't have much longer, and I was waiting to hear news of his funeral.

He went into emergency surgery this morning after the nephrologist and cardiologist told the neurologist (I know, this ridiculous bullshit, dontchathink!!) that he had a little better than 50% chance of surviving surgery to remove all the titanium in his back, causing his incredible pain and immobility.

He is resting in the hospital tonight, a little touch and go, but the next two weeks will be the key. He's alive, and he's conscious, and his kidneys and heart are functioning, although some below normal. His pain levels have also been dramatically reduced.

On the home front, I'm happy as a lark, seeing friends, harrassing my kids, and have made plans to be gone every weekend till September, and fit in a job interview in Phoenix in August, while my soon-to-be ex calls the police and refuses to let me access to my belongings. It's cool, though. It's an inconvenience, not a drama, and I'm not even on the list of actors.

I'm living temporarily with a long time friend.
    Life is getting good again.

Thanks gang.

2. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Great news about your dad...Really glad to hear you really seem to be keeping it together better than most would...You seem like a good person and good things really do happen to good people...Take care of yourself and good luck...I believe in karma and let that take care of your wife...Keep doing what you are doing...

3. Pappy

Pappy Member

Buff, that's great news. We'll keep "Dad" in our thoughts and prayers. It's great to hear that your life is moving along in spite of the soon to be EX.
    Hang in there dude, it'll get better.

4. dufus

dufus New Member

My prayers are with your dad. I am glad he is stable and has less pain. I know nothing about titanium in a persons back. Was it put there in a previous surgery?

5. Alley Blue

Gold Member

This to will pass.......just hang in there....

6. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm totally stoked for you dude. I always have, and will totally continue to wish you and him the best.

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Well, i hope your pop's all right there, dude, but if i might ask, 'cuz i'm not a doctor, what exactly caused titanium in his back?

Draft saved Draft deleted