Update on grandpa

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I got a phone call tonight from my mom saying grandpa wanted to talk to me. I sent some pictures with my mom from the last time our family (my mom, brother, my son, I and grandma), was together before I moved to southern IL for my treatment.

Grandpa said he was so happy to get the pictures and knows that I would be there with him if I could. He was crying as he said thank you for the pictures and the wonderful memories of that day. He says everyone who comes in his room comments on the pics I sent. He is also proud that I am really enjoying photography which has always been a passion of his.

I broke down crying after we got done talking. I again told him I loved him and that I hope they were keeping him comfortable. He had surgery for a placement of a feeding tube. He decided if he makes it through this that he will go to the nursing home and spend his last months with grandma. I was relieved to hear that.

It sounds like he isn't giving up now. He is still septic and has some problems with congestive heart failure. They started him on a new antibiotic and he seems to be responding to that. He sounds very tired and uncomfortable to me. I just want peace for him and no pain.

He must have some other plans as he is holding on. He isnt confused at all. My son got to see him last night as he is still on vacation with grandma. My aunt from CA is here now as well to spend more time with grandpa.

I know when he is gone I will really miss him. He said he wants to make it to his and grandma's 65th anniversary which is in January. If he is comfortable and well taken care of I hope he gets his wish!

Grandma can't visit for a few more days, she has pneumonia....again. I just wish they could spend some time alone together. At least most of the kids are there taking turns around the clock so he won't be alone just incase he passes.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, you did get some good news. He is responding to medication. I really hope he gets his wish.

I think his unfinished business has to do with the anniversary. He has something in mind.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish the best for your Grandpa's recovery and for your family to get through this trying time. I'm glad you told him you loved him, hearing that from people that love me has always helped me get through difficult times, and I am sure it will help your Grandpa too.