Update to I think its over

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ItsJustMe, May 22, 2005.

1. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

Wanted to update my previous thread titled "I think it's over." He called me last night but didn't leave a message so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Anyone? I called him back this afternoon and left a message so here we go again playing the waiting game.

2. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    Date other men. There are more fish in the ocean, and one that really cares for you is out there.

3. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    And if he calls you back, have a casual chat, & KEEP on dating those others!

4. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

My rule of thumb is that if someone calls, but doesn't leave a message, then the call couldn't possibly have been that urgent or important to that person. Leave a message saying that unless he's going to explain where he's been the last couple weeks, then he shouldn't bother calling back. Give him a deadline, after which you won't return his calls no matter what he says.

He might just be one of those losers who, rather than come out and say he wants to end an intimate relationship, just stops calling instead. I've met a few of those.

5. jonb

Gold Member

Well, the simple answer is, it's over, so you can see other men.

6. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

One of my guy friends thinks he phoned as a "booty call" and that's why he didn't leave a message when I didn't answer. Who knows.

7. Supportive Female

Supportive Female New Member

Men (and to a lesser extent, women too) will stall for a few weeks in order to "leave their options open." He has probably met a potential girlfriend, and wants to see if it can work, before moving on completely. He's leaving his foot in the door, so to speak.

If this is what he is doing in your particular case, he might come back...but then he'll just do it again if another juicy prospect comes along.

Drop him if he doesn't call very soon, with a legitimate reason for the no-show.

(I recommend five more days at the most.)

8. Imported

Gold Member

Goon: Pardon my frankness...don't be "back burner pussy" (as in back-up). The dude sounds like a loser, forget about him and move on.

9. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

My personal advice... don't react to guys who think they can explore their options by mail or by calling. Take the ones who dare the dash onto your threshold to see what they (and you) are up to.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted