Update to I think its over

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
Wanted to update my previous thread titled "I think it's over." He called me last night but didn't leave a message so I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Anyone? I called him back this afternoon and left a message so here we go again playing the waiting game.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My rule of thumb is that if someone calls, but doesn't leave a message, then the call couldn't possibly have been that urgent or important to that person. Leave a message saying that unless he's going to explain where he's been the last couple weeks, then he shouldn't bother calling back. Give him a deadline, after which you won't return his calls no matter what he says.

He might just be one of those losers who, rather than come out and say he wants to end an intimate relationship, just stops calling instead. I've met a few of those.

Supportive Female

Just Browsing
Media
Men (and to a lesser extent, women too) will stall for a few weeks in order to "leave their options open." He has probably met a potential girlfriend, and wants to see if it can work, before moving on completely. He's leaving his foot in the door, so to speak.

If this is what he is doing in your particular case, he might come back...but then he'll just do it again if another juicy prospect comes along.

Drop him if he doesn't call very soon, with a legitimate reason for the no-show.

(I recommend five more days at the most.)

Goon: Pardon my frankness...don't be "back burner pussy" (as in back-up). The dude sounds like a loser, forget about him and move on.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
My personal advice... don't react to guys who think they can explore their options by mail or by calling. Take the ones who dare the dash onto your threshold to see what they (and you) are up to.

Bruce