uploading an avatar

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Hey everyone! I've been trying to upload a picture for an avatar and I just can't seem to get it to work. The picture I want to use is on Yahoo! pictures. Any tips?

reir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by InsertHere@Feb 12 2005, 07:40 AM
Hey everyone! I've been trying to upload a picture for an avatar and I just can't seem to get it to work. The picture I want to use is on Yahoo! pictures. Any tips?
[post=282248]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have to be a premium member of lpsg to do that?

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
right-click on the photo you'd like (if it's already posted on another website), click on Properties. On the window that pops up, you'll see an URL address. Highlight and Copy. Then come back to LPSG and Paste in the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" in "My Controls" - "Edit Avatar Settings" (leftt hand side menus)

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Feb 13 2005, 08:30 PM
right-click on the photo you'd like (if it's already posted on another website), click on Properties. On the window that pops up, you'll see an URL address. Highlight and Copy. Then come back to LPSG and Paste in the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" in "My Controls" - "Edit Avatar Settings" (leftt hand side menus)
[post=282637]Quoted post[/post]​
it says... "Sorry, but the URL you entered for your avatar was incorrectly formatted or the link is not valid."

if I try to upload one from my LJ, I get "Sorry, that is not a valid file extension."

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The link must end in gif, jpeg, jpg, swf, or png. You may have to convert the pic to one of those and then try again.

Some sites like Webshots won't let you link. Yahoo may be the same. You could try a free photo hosting site like Photobucket.com. (Although I know that photobucket doesn't allow nude pics.)

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Feb 14 2005, 02:22 AM
The link must end in gif, jpeg, jpg, swf, or png. You may have to convert the pic to one of those and then try again.

Some sites like Webshots won't let you link. Yahoo may be the same. You could try a free photo hosting site like Photobucket.com. (Although I know that photobucket doesn't allow nude pics.)
[post=282747]Quoted post[/post]​

It is a jpeg but the URL doesn't end in jpeg. That's sad :-(

no nude pics for me! But I don't want to open an account at photobucket just to have an avatar here, so I guess I'll give it a miss. Oh, well.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah, it sounds like Yahoo is a site that "scrambles" their pics so that you can't hot link to them. Photobucket is actually pretty simple and you'll find that you'll use it for other things as well. Did I mention that it was free? :p

You can also actually upload a pic as your av if you have a premium membership