Uploading my personal video

Discussion in 'Straight Adult Websites' started by Dan the man, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Dan the man

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Slightly off topic guys, but I'm trying to upload my own video to my gallery. It's an avi just over 15mb which is allowed, but after a few minutes of it uploading, it finishes, no error message, and I find that it's not uploaded in my gallery at all. Any advice?

2. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You might want to check out the title of your video... sometimes certain characters do not work with a particular extension. Does the file play well on your computer? Have you uploaded it anywhere else? What kind of an .avi is it? The .avi file extension is the actual container or "wrapper" that holds all of the codecs together. You can have an avi that is compressed with all sorts of different codecs. The codec that you have the .avi compressed with may not be supported by the site. Go ahead and post the details about your video (resolution, video and audio codecs, frame rate etc.) so we can help.

3. Dan the man

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks tripod.
    It opens with DivX on my pc and yes it plays fine. It was recorded on my digital camera, pentax optio 3.2 MP which records video as well, and came directly off the camera as avi. I then edited a portion of sound out of it with an editor and saved it as avi. I've also saved a wmv version but that's come out as 18MB which is too big to upload here. Just tried uploading it again but after 15 minutes of it supposedly uploading, it still returned to the upload page with nothing new uploaded.

Here's a screenshot of the details:
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4614/screenshot421df0.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted