Upset About Sex Drive - Relationships...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Evanjelion, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Evanjelion

Evanjelion New Member

What determines a mans sex drive?!? I myself could have sex every day. Yet my partner is satisfied with a once a week, after 10PM Friday night scheduled appointment.

I can't stand it, but then again I'm not really looking to open our relationship. Perhaps I'm just sick, or maybe he's a prude. Anyone have some sage advice?

2. Epistasia

Epistasia Member

Albums:
    I sometimes feel the same way with my fiancé but I have come to realize that it's not much fun to have sex when he's not into it. I also know now that I was really stuck on the pretense of what "sex" is. The best way we could solve our problem was to meet in the middle. I try not to get so hung up on sex meaning intercourse, and he tries to be open to having some sexy fun without a schedule.

I don't know if this helps. I know that for me it was more about learning to work together to give each other what we want than for one person to do all the work of changing.

3. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Both of you...get your man to the doctor and have a hormone panel pulled up with bloodwork. Check testosterone levels...just to be sure. If they are low...it can be fixed...if they are high...whats their excuse? Not condemning them, just wondering what the deal is?

...OB

4. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

I wanted sex every day, my wife wanted it once a year and during child bearing , once every three years. But, other than that, she's the most wonderful person. I nearly went completely mad, masturbation saved me. After 25 years I took a lover - should have done so much earlier.

5. viking1

Gold Member

I am not a doctor, but from what I have read testosterone plays a big part in the male sex drive. OmahaBeef is right...go to an MD for a hormone test.

There are other factors as well including psyhcological ones.

I have always had a high sex drive and this ran in my family. I have never had any tests for hormone levels, but it would be interesting to see what they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted