Upset at American 'Morals'

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with Don up above :wink: I had some great times in Greece, holidayed on many of the islands and there is a general feeling of respectable hedonism there. No probs with taking your kit off, which I love to do, nothing beats walking around in the hot sun as butt naked as the day you were born.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Posts like this crack me up. Everyone is an expert on what the problem is with America
Americas problem is sexual morals
Americas problem is they are fat
Americas problem is the money and oil
Americans are ugly

not to mention everyone wants to compare their country to the United States
Canadas healthcare is superior
Nude beaches in Greece are better than America
Sexual Freedom in Australia rocks and america sucks.
The fifth graders in Albania are better at math than in the states

blah blah blah.. I find it funny that everyone wants to compare themselves against the states in every little category. Anyone have any ideas why?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Posts like this crack me up. Everyone is an expert on what the problem is with America
Americas problem is sexual morals
Americas problem is they are fat
Americas problem is the money and oil
Americans are ugly

not to mention everyone wants to compare their country to the United States
Canadas healthcare is superior
Nude beaches in Greece are better than America
Sexual Freedom in Australia rocks and america sucks.
The fifth graders in Albania are better at math than in the states

blah blah blah.. I find it funny that everyone wants to compare themselves against the states in every little category. Anyone have any ideas why?

People always compare. I think that it is a competitive thing. Competition is kind of a waste of time. Somebody is always going to have it better than someone.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Look at all the Republicans who impeached Bill Clinton who were keeping lovers and interns on the side.

An informative post, until you blew it with this clanger. Were these Republicans with lovers and interns on the side also committing perjury in Grand Jury depositions delivered under oath? If so, your comment has merit. Otherwise, let that poor flogged horse die in peace.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Were these Republicans with lovers and interns on the side also committing perjury in Grand Jury depositions delivered under oath?

They were cheating on their vows to their spouses, families as well as their constituents.

Besides, the Republican majority in Congress didn't spend scores of millions of dollars and years investigating them. And it was curious how many of those self-righteous repubs hastened to 'fess up about their affairs soon after the impeachment ended. Covering their asses?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An informative post, until you blew it with this clanger. Were these Republicans with lovers and interns on the side also committing perjury in Grand Jury depositions delivered under oath? If so, your comment has merit. Otherwise, let that poor flogged horse die in peace.
Not perjury in grand jury, but certainly perjury in other sworn statements/testimonies during investigations. Being a brilliant psychic, I predict you will ask me for specific instances. I won't provide them, you can look them up. I do specifically refer to sworn statements to the Congress by specific individuals.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not perjury in grand jury, but certainly perjury in other sworn statements/testimonies during investigations. Being a brilliant psychic, I predict you will ask me for specific instances. I won't provide them, you can look them up. I do specifically refer to sworn statements to the Congress by specific individuals.

Wait so you're saying that congress lies to the public and tells them what they want to hear? Blasphemous!!!!! :biggrin1:

I DEMAND you provide 26 primary research articles that will tkae you hours to find and post, that I wont understand anyways, but I will pretend to and then provide completely anecdotal examples to counter

How dare you say out government lies without providing examples......you should be arrested immediately and put in a jail cell with martha stewart

ital8

Experimental Member
Media
I remember when I had visited Australia, I was sitting on a bench near the beach, and this one girl casually took off her top. It was no big deal. No one around her made a fuss, and she didn't seem to care. I think it comes down to attitude and a way of thinking.

The US can't afford universal health care. We're too busy spending money on defending ourselves, Canada, and Europe. :tongue:

The first immigrants to the US weren't poor. They were actually rather well-off, naive, and religious zealots.

If you want to understand what kind of relgious fervor they had, read Sinners In the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards. This piece of excellence in preaching was fairly typical church fare up through the 19th century. To this day, it is taught in schools as a classic example of early American literature.

Americans are largely poorly educated, isolationist (despite our government), and jealous of their traditions. In a country where change happens so frequently, where new people with new cultures continually change the face of the culture, people naturally grasp to hold on to what is familiar to them. They want to hang on to the old ways because that's what they have for cultural identity. Therefore, old ways of thinking die hard among Americans who have been born and raised here for generations. Part of that are the conservative ways of their ancestors, their church, and their belief that America stands for their moral code. These are the people who put Bush in office.

New England is different. While it was the place Americans first settled, they developed a more populist view founded on the maxim, live and let live, hence New England tends to be the most liberal part of the country. New Hampshire took a different beat, becoming libertarian, but still very morally liberal while being governmentally conservative.

Another group of Americans are largely recent immigrants, brought to the coastal metropolises. Occupants of large cities find that tolerance is necessary to live so close together in such a relatively small space. Once again, live and let live is the watchword of city living, hence people who live in the coastal cities tend to be more tolerant. They also have a wealth of cultures to help key them into the world outside. Places like San Francisco, LA, Miami, and New York are better connected to the outside world than Peoria, Omaha, and Wichita. These are the liberal areas of the country and while the people may not be any better educated, they tend to be very tolerant. Further, the intellectuals and best educated come to these metropolises for the cultural opportunities they offer and, in turn, generate American culture as people who live in the states know it.

The US has some radically different people living in it. Think of Yugoslavia, or Russia, or Canada. There are plenty of Americans who have nothing in common with Americans just a few hundred miles away. They do not enjoy the same sports, speak the same language, worship the same way, or anything else other than they are Americans. America is a blank slate and you're welcome to come here and the law says you can continue to be whatever you are even if tradition says you need to be Anglo-Americanized.

Unless you're a minority.

So while all this upheaval is going on, we have ethnic underclasses that are just now becoming able to enjoy rights and opportunities that Anglo-Saxon Protestants have enjoyed since the country was founded.

Now, add to that a new wave of immigrants who aren't even European, who are taking the jobs nobody else wants, who don't even worship the right God, wear alarming ethnic clothing (like veils and turans), and who demand the rights of all Americans!

Either you ride the wave of change and embrace it or you resist it with all your might and become reactionary. And those reactionaries are largely the traditional southern and mid-western Americans, the Americans who the movers and shakers on the coasts disparage as, "the flyover states." They do not necessarily see the changes but they see them on TV, hear about them on the radio. Rather than actually partake in the changes as coastal residents do, they feel the changes are being made to happen to them. They're very pissed.

They, and everyone else, are going to be even more angry with the events that lay ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if the US splits a few different ways.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I never ask for specific instances here, as Your Psychicness would know if you read more and guessed less. You look them up. Just don't be one of those jerks who continues to insist that WJC was impeached over blowjobs. I don't give a shit who's blowing who in Washington, and can't quite see why any of you think it might be important.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They were cheating on their vows to their spouses, families as well as their constituents.

Besides, the Republican majority in Congress didn't spend scores of millions of dollars and years investigating them. And it was curious how many of those self-righteous repubs hastened to 'fess up about their affairs soon after the impeachment ended. Covering their asses?

This all may or may not be true. I couldn't care less. Their families are their business, not mine and certainly not yours. It has nothing to do with WJC's troubles. (Well, it might have had something to do with those Secret Service reports of Hillary bombarding him with all those plates and saucers, but those aren't the troubles I mean.) Some Democrats tried mightily to pretend that that was all it was. Was it worth the effort? Evidently - it fooled some people totally. As we see here. And a fool's vote is worth as much as anybody else's. That's the secret to modern politics. That, and splitting the electorate along "identity politics" lines. And bribing the electorate with its own money, as de Toqueville some two centuries ago predicted would happen (those are the famous "earmarks" with which we've been bombarded of late). Actually, there are quite a few secrets to modern politics. But they all involve deception of one sort or another.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...I DEMAND you provide 26 primary research articles that will tkae you hours to find and post, that I wont understand anyways, but I will pretend to and then provide completely anecdotal examples to counter
Sheesh! It's about time you caught on to how things work here. :tongue:

...you should be arrested immediately and put in a jail cell with martha stewart
And you should see just how lovely she's made the place. :rolleyes:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now, add to that a new wave of immigrants who aren't even European, who are taking the jobs nobody else wants, who don't even worship the right God, wear alarming ethnic clothing (like veils and turans), and who demand the rights of all Americans!

If you refer to adherents of Islam, it's the same God, different prophets. The rights of all Americans they already have. Additional rights, such as perverting the First Amendment to mean that nobody else can discuss their religion except in reverent tones, they'll only get over some of our dead bodies, even if a particular Democratic congressman is all for it.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Americans are largely poorly educated, isolationist (despite our government), and jealous of their traditions.

I disagree with that. Despite my rampages how people are ignorant and stupid.....America is still highly educated compared to most of the world. Yes there are other countries with better educational systems but as a whole Americans are educated......Now the average american is not worldly or have a great understanding of the rest of the world but that should not be confused for education

America is still highly educated compared to most of the world.

But not in comparison to Western Europe or First World Asia, the countries to which we are comparing ourselves.

In some areas of education, particularly post-graduate, America is generally ahead of any of one particular country however post-graduates make only 8% of Americans.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But not in comparison to Western Europe or First World Asia, the countries to which we are comparing ourselves.

In some areas of education, particularly post-graduate, America is generally ahead of any of one particular country however post-graduates make only 8% of Americans.

With all due respect, and I know this is inflammatory but its what I have at least noticed, as wel as, my teacher friends.....Americans of western european and asian heritage hold education in high regard. Western european immigrants and asian immigrants do as well.....unfortunately not all immigrants and ethnic backgrounds hold education nearly as highly.

I know this is relatively inflammatory and it is a generalization, NOT 100% complete fact.....