Urinal Exchanges

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

johnny8x8: Can they build urinals a little further apart please? I'm not ashamed of my package but don't flaunt it, either. Still seems like every time I'm at a urinal, someone else marches right up to the one next to me. They start peeing then start talking to me (then looking at Jim and The Twins). I don't see this as a social occasion.

2. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Yeah, you don't see toilets next to each other... well I haven't. If not making the urinals farther apart, they should have those partitions. I'm bladder-shy but in cases of emergencies I don't want someone next to me.

3. Imported

Gold Member

47boreas: [quote author=johnny8x8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=0#0 date=10/25/03 at 11:36:07]Can they build urinals a little further apart please?  I'm not ashamed of my package but don't flaunt it, either.   Still seems like every time I'm at a urinal, someone else marches right up to the one next to me.  They start peeing then start talking to me (then looking at Jim and The Twins).  I don't see this as a social occasion.  [/quote]

Sorry, Johnny8x8! I do so, peeing and often talking at the same time. I go to pee at the middle of the urinal or to the very centre of it.

You have fortunate, I live very far from your country. :-[

4. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Plus, Johnny, it could be worse - any sports stadium is likely to have the dreaded TROUGH.... :D

I would say unless you're "pee shy" - which actually does happen, there are therapy groups for it - just do your business and leave. In a public restroom that tends to be the best defense.

7x6&C

5. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: A trough is a nightmare! I've only heard of them... yuck.

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Good grief, what if it were another body part we were shy about? If it were our feet we'd wear weird-looking pants to hide them and we'd complain that stairs were purposely made to expose them to other men.

Back in the 16th and 17th centuries (when I was a young man) if you were privileged enough to sit at a well-to-do dinner table during a meal, you didn't arise and politely excuse yourself to go to the bathroom. You signalled a servant who brought you an ornately decorated porcelain urinal (or an appropriately shaped bowl for the ladies) which you used under the tablecloth right there in your seat. It was considered impolite to leave the table before the host did.

Count your blessings the next time you have to take a public piss. :D

Pecker

(No sense in being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.)

7. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: We already wear shoes Pecker! Come back to this century man, we have it good here!

8. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: This is exactly the reason why I ALWAYS pee in stalls (if that's the right term) and not in urinals.

9. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: well i always use a stall... :D

wait, does this apply to me?
    yes i think so...

when i was in highschool i went to a week long summer camp....
    the only toilets up hill were yes in stalls, but there were no doors?!
    OK im thinking, a 3 am pee i can handle, if alls quiet...
    but NO WAY am i peeing in there otherwise.
    oh wait, might finish setting the scene...
    on the opposite wall of the toilets were the sinks...and a mirror which ran the length of the entire wall.
    so while you are peeing, you can see your other 10 friends peeing and your other 10 friends washing hands...

long story short, they were VERY silent bathrooms indeed. never needed cleaning LOL!
    now the only other toilets around period were DOWN hill.
    and i mean WAY down.
    at the swimming pool...
    i must have dropped a dozen pounds over the years, pulling that hill back to the dorm....
    lots of thin girls at the end of the week :D

Paul, where were you 13 yrs ago when i needed that
    1-800-pee-at ease support group # ?!
    :)
    Tender

10. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I never used the restrooms in high school in the main building because none of them had doors on the stalls. I either snuck into the teacher's restroom which was private or went in the gym where it was also more private in the lobby area.

11. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: This brings to mind something wierd. All throughout highschool I never ONCE had to take shit in the public restrooms. Yea, i would pee (in the stalls of course), but never did I get the urge to have to do a #2. Thank god, too. Some of those restrooms seemed far from sanitary.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

12. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: For me a #2 in a public restroom means an emergency. I never had to go when I was in school either. My school had the nastiest of restrooms... to be expected being all boys?

13. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: That phenomenon is rather prevalent. So much so that a character in the American Pie movies is called "shitbreak" because he will not use the bathroom at the school to defecate...so you are not alone...

14. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=Pecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=0#5 date=10/25/03 at 14:47:36]Good grief, what if it were another body part we were shy about?  If it were our feet we'd wear weird-looking pants to hide them and we'd complain that stairs were purposely made to expose them to other men.

Back in the 16th and 17th centuries (when I was a young man) if you were privileged enough to sit at a well-to-do dinner table during a meal, you didn't arise and politely excuse yourself to go to the bathroom.  You signalled a servant who brought you an ornately decorated porcelain urinal (or an appropriately shaped bowl for the ladies) which you used under the tablecloth right there in your seat.  It was considered impolite to leave the table before the host did.

Count your blessings the next time you have to take a public piss.  :D

Pecker

Is that true? Reference? Source? I love info like this!

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's true, Allie. Just yesterday I saw a program on satellite that gathers up 'junk' from around the house for auction, and one of the antiques found in the kitchen cupboard was a female urinal, dated in the 1700's, worth about $300.

It has a French name (so much more polite) but I can't remember it.

Pecker

(NO! NO! Not in my Grandma's gravy boat!)

16. Imported

Gold Member

oldman9x7: The guys here who are nervous about exposure at the urinal remind me of an old joke about a fellow who would never go into a public restroom because he didn't want anyone to see him half naked.

Gramps

17. Imported

Gold Member

BrownEyedGuy: I love urinals without those stupid dividers. No men's room ever had them when I was younger. (I'm 39 now.) Troughs are the best. I love 'em!

18. Imported

Gold Member

johnny8x8: Interesting posts guys.

I just don't think there's anything about me in particular that would explain why in a restoom with 8 urinals and no one in there except me, the next guy in the door decides to pee RIGHT NEXT to me.

Speaking of troughs, our church is in an older building and the men's room has a trough. And the sick is immediately next to the trough ... no dividers whatsoever except for the lone stall. On more than one occasion during a church hall social event, I have been at the trough when some other dad and son walks in to wash the kid's hands. I seem to always get a look as if I'm flashing his kid! Now mind you, I'm thick but NOT HARD, hanging clearly downward and PEEING!! Not like I'm standing there with a boner pointed skyward and talking to the kid "hey, looky here little boy!" Just PEEING. Several times the kid seeing me pee was momentarily distracted and the dad, seeing me, would also pause (I don't know ... 5 seconds ... ) before rushing up the kid. Once a kid ran in the restroom, saw me, and ran out of the restroom. I walked out a minute later and see the kid whispering to his Mom, who looks at me and turns three shades of pink before shooshing her kid to finish his business and leave me alone.

Enough already with the damn troughs ...

19. Imported

Gold Member

malito: Hey guys, it must be nice to at least be able to stand and pee. There are those like myself who have to sit to pee. It is a birth defect called hypospadia. If one has this and stands there is a good chance that he will pee on his pants or the guy next to him. Troughs are totally out of the question. Having sat all my life I have become very adept at cleaning before sitting. Oh to be normal!!!

20. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: I thought hypospadia could be corrected by surgery. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Draft saved Draft deleted