Urinal Exchanges

Tender: well I might be wrong, but i think that surgery is done typically at birth. ???
so some may fall through those cracks...

getnbiggr: This is a story that I told in another thread way-back-when, but it seems appropriate here.

Once, at a gay club in Toronto, I went down to the large bathroom and installed myself at one of 4 or 5 urinals in a row. And the bathroom was quite busy, so I had one guy on either side of me. And I'm a bit pee-shy, so it was taking me a while to get down to business, as it were.

And while I was standing there, trying to concentrate, the guy to my left pipes up and says "It's not often that you see two uncut guys in a row at a urinal." (I'm uncut, and I guess that he was too.)

And the funny thing is that the guy on the other side of me piped up and said "Three, actually." <g> And then we all had a little conversation about where we were born and/or why we hadn't been circumcised as kids, and then went on our separate ways...

Now I understand that lots of people might find this inappropriate or sexually aggressive or whatever. But I just found it amusing. And I kind of like the idea of a cultural space in which men/people can talk about these sorts of things -- after all, isn't that what LPSG is all about?

-- J.

johnny8x8: Neat story.

I do value a place to discuss these issues, but prefer that no flushing sounds be going on in the background (or should I say foreground).

To me, seems to still be a bit forward for another guy you don't know, standing less than a foot away commenting on my being circumcized. I'm used to guys catching a quick look while I piss, but to then talk to me about it ... oh, no Mister. I've got nothing against gay guys and I don't think I'll find myself in a gay club, but I can't imagine THAT conversation taking place anywhere BESIDES a gay club.

47boreas: [quote author=johnny8x8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=0#17 date=10/27/03 at 03:05:36]

On more than one occasion during a church hall social event, I have been at the trough when some other dad and son walks in to wash the kid's hands.  I seem to always get a look as if I'm flashing his kid!  Now mind you, I'm thick but NOT HARD, hanging clearly downward and PEEING!!  Not like I'm standing there with a boner pointed skyward and talking to the kid "hey, looky here little boy!"  Just PEEING. 
[/quote]

Have you ever tried to palm your dick? Several men are successful in it when they are peeing at trough or urinal. If you have a broad palm, you can succeed to hide the most part of your dick.

johnny8x8: Boreas,

I'm not trying to hide it. How long does a piss take? 15 seconds? 30 seconds? I don't care about someone getting a glance. Just don't like people talking to me when I'm pissing ... and certainly not when they mention anything to do with my cock. I don't want to her "How 'bout them Yankees?" and I certainly don't want to hear "Yeah, imagine, two circumcized guys in a row ..."

47boreas: [quote author=johnny8x8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=20#23 date=10/27/03 at 06:44:38]

I've got nothing against gay guys and I don't think I'll find myself in a gay club, but I can't imagine THAT conversation taking place anywhere BESIDES a gay club.  [/quote]

Johnny8x8

Yes, such things may happen. I have never visited any gay club. When I asked you to hide your dick, I thought that it might silence other men at the trough. Could you only say "Cut it". (But it may be a little impolite.)

MassingUP

Your story was very fun. I had a good laugh! :D

Boreas, one circumcised guy.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Once while I was in London, there was a bit of a line inside the men's room to get to the urinals. I had struck up a conversation with a guy on the line, which continued as we were pissing at adjacent urinals. As we were finishing up, the question of where I was from came up. When I answered, He said: "Really? You're American? I thought you were from London, just Jewish!"

I should point out I am circumcised, so I can guess where he was looking.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=0#8 date=10/25/03 at 19:40:32]...
Paul, where were you 13 yrs ago when i needed that
1-800-pee-at ease support group # ?!
[/quote]
Tender, that must've been hell!

I'm pretty pee shy myself. Altough the MacDonalds have trough's and so does my uni! Argh!!!!!

johnny8x8: Eric, he thought you were "from London, just Jewish"? Err, uh ... maybe there was someone ELSE about your appearance that made him think that ... ;) I guess it is because circumcision is nearly automatic in the United States that I would not have thought this to be a major distinguishing characteristic. I am opposed to circumcision as a barbaric custom but unfortunately it was done to me as a baby. If I had male children (have 3 girls), I would NEVER circumcize them.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm pretty sure it was the cock. As I said, he though I was English or European, living in London. Most of the guys I met in the UK were uncut, so I guess a cut guy there might be presumed as probably being Jewish. How he possibly thought I was from London, given the New Jersey accent, I do not know.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=ericbear link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=20#30 date=10/28/03 at 10:16:17]I'm pretty sure it was the cock.  As I said, he though I was English or European, living in London.  Most of the guys I met in the UK were uncut, so I guess a cut guy there might be presumed as probably being Jewish.  How he possibly thought I was from London, given the New Jersey accent, I do not know.

[/quote]

People don't pay careful attention to accents. I've got a mild southern accent and when traveling, I've been asked if I was from New York. How a southern drawl gets confused with a New York accent, I do not know.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=prepstudinsc link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=20#31 date=10/28/03 at 11:35:14]How a southern drawl gets confused with a New York accent, I do not know.[/quote]

Just a curious observation: the typical New Orleans accent is very 'Brooklyn-ese', while the 'upper uppers' from New Orleans' Garden District tend to sound like transplanted Bostonians.

johnny8x8: Double-Meat,

I forgot that you, too, live in New Orleans. 8)

I like your observation about dialects. Funny thing about our area, that one can fairly accurately guess what part of the city someone was raised in just by listening to them ... Uptown, 9th Ward, 7th Ward, The East, Lakeview, Old Metairie.

Speaking of a "naynt waud" accent ... Recently I saw Becky Allen walking down Decatur while en route to Central Grocery for a muffaletta. She looked pregnant? Who/What did that to her? Ricky Graham (not in this lifetime) or Popeyes?? Loved her in every theatre piece she's done but hadn't seen her in probably 5 years. Now see -- she's someone I would talk to at a urinal. But she's a lady ... she'd flush, too. Wish that she and Ricky would do a new show.

Solis24: Hmm, I think we in North America, the land of individualism, may be a tad too prude for our own good. I never knew this until I came to Germany, where partitions are pretty damn rare. The most common urinal I've found is the low-rising kind which does not hide anything. If the germans look, they sure are discreet about it, but one thing's for sure, most of them have already seen a number of cocks and boobs before in a sauna or something (there's one in just about every village here, everybody is nude and it's all mixed, men and women), so for them, it's nothing spectacular. Maybe just because is the kind of thing that you're "not allowed to see" in North America, that's exactly why people would be curious at urinals and glance all the time, just out of curiosity of seeing something that's normally "forbidden".

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=Solis25 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=20#34 date=10/29/03 at 03:34:41]Maybe just because is the kind of thing that you're "not allowed to see" in North America, that's exactly why people would be curious at urinals and glance all the time, just out of curiosity of seeing something that's normally "forbidden".[/quote]

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Solis.

Forbid something and it will be suddenly very attractive.

Pecker

(HEADLINE: Local Auto Parts Dealer Has Biggest Horn In California)

ORCABOMBER: Good point Pecker, might be what burkhas are all about.

throb919: For you trough urinal aficionados, the 2 best ever (IMHO) are:

• The danceclub Heaven in London: At one time, one of the men's rooms was practically a walk-in urinal, an L-shaped set-up with a trough drain at floor level. The walls were some sort of highly-reflective stainless steel (mirror-like) and water cascaded down them from ceiling height, sort-of a waterfall effect. You just walked-up and let it flow onto (into?) the water-wall. The reflection and refraction of the water made checking-out your nearby neighbors very interesting. It was really quite a classy pee--and when you think of urinal said in the British manner (yur-RHINE-ul) instead of the American (YUR-uh-nul), even classier!
  • The bar Havana on Reguliersdwarsstraat in Amsterdam: You walk-in minding your own business (as guys are wont to do in such matters); you notice there's already someone at the trough urinal, but pay him very little attention (as guys are wont to do); you step-up to the urinal on one side or the other from the guy in situ and take matters in-hand. At some point mid-pee, you realize this other guy is a life-size sculpture! He's holding onto a pipe with one hand which allows water to flow into the sculpture and out of the dick he's holding in the other. My memory is that the whole thing was bronze-looking, but don't really know what it was made of. But it was entirely cool, very funny, and a great "gotcha" surprise! (Maybe wristthickxl will know if it's still there or javierdude when he visits A-dam.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I noticed one of those cascading-wall urinals in the movie The Matrix ReLoaded.

Anybody else catch that?

Pecker

(HEADLINE: Many Antiques Seen at D.A.R. Meeting)

longtimelurker: [quote author=johnny8x8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067107507;start=20#33 date=10/29/03 at 02:15:25]I like your observation about dialects.  Funny thing about our area, that one can fairly accurately guess what part of the city someone was raised in just by listening to them ...  Uptown, 9th Ward, 7th Ward, The East, Lakeview, Old Metairie.
[/quote]

London is very good in that way too. You can normally guess at least SE, E (=cockney), N and W - and if you go further then you start getting Essex or the other home counties.

Britain is really amazing for the number of accents in such a small area - esp. as there tends to be several variations dependant on background (i.e. middle-class background will sound quite different from working class 90% of the time)