Urinal huggers/Urinal partitions

yandrsupreme

Legendary Member
Media
Being 41, I remember a time when men didn't give a crap about using the urinal. In the 70's, there was no such thing as a urinal partition, now theyr'e everywhere. I don't like them cause I'm a germphobe, and I'm always afraid of bumping my elbows on them. Then these guys (almost always under 30) will come into a bathroom and literally go up close to the urinal and HUG the porcelain , actually touching it with their arms to make sure nobody sees their cock (This is in bathrooms with no paritions) what is their deal? I always figure they must be hung like a hamster and trying to hide it, but how GROSS is it to TOUCH the sides of the urinal with your arms? I wonder if their wives/girlfriends know they do that, and then come out and out their arms around them. It would be enough to make me run screaming into the night. I always stand as far as possible while still able to hit the urinal, why wouldn't one want to keep as much distance as possible from such a germ ridden thing? I noticed this started happening around 1990 or so, men not just coming up to the urinal, whipping out their cocks, and taking a piss. I LOVE the few places that are left that have those urinal troughs... these guys in their 20's come walking in and the look on their faces is PRICELESS, deer in the headlights for days, I just LMAO. I just think the partitions are stupid, another thing to collect germs, another thing to have to clean, another thing to make the construction of your store/facility more expensive, all because some small dicked man is scared another guy will see his penis? I'm CONVINCED a small dicked man invented those things.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm guessing in a public bathroom, which is typically cleaned daily or more it's not as gross as you would think. However, psychologically, it is gross and I wouldn't do it. Your computer probably has more germs on it than a public urinal/toilet.

For what it's worth, the last guy I dated didn't even like using urinals because of the back splash. Even in a public bathroom he'd go to a stall...everyone is different I suppose. And it might not have to do with size but shyness. I know I'm shy and I wouldn't want people to watch me pee. It's a vulnerable thing.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm not shy. I once told a guy who was staring that for 5 bucks he could take a picture of it.

I never thought about the partitions being dirty. Sometimes during a long piss I'll put one elbow on top of it and kind of lean. I always wash up afterward though. Did you know that fresh piss is actually sterile? It contains no germs. You could actually drink it with no ill effects.

I think they were invented by a someone who had a good idea to make money by exploiting the public's prudish nature. There's always a market for that.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer peeing in a urinal and don't care if anyone's watching. i am a bit of an exhibitionist and definitely a nudist/naturist. I do take a discreet glance of other men at the urinal too. I like the troughs or urinal walls at stadiums. I avoid peeing in a toilet if a urinal is available. The diameter of my urethra is small so I don't produce a fire hose stream or sound unless I've consumed a pot of coffee or several beers. Am self conscious about that. One of the things that I really enjoy about this sight is the anonymity to freely discuss these issues and feelings. I've never talked with anyone about this before. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm not afraid of germs in the bathroom. Common microorganisms for which we have plenty of natural immunity, and the best defense, soap [usually] and water.

It seems like most urinals used to be the floor length models where splatter mostly ended up on your shoes. Now they are mostly wall-mounted, so I suppose dividers also function as splash guards.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I tend to give mine a couple of extra "floppy waves" when I know someone is watching. The only time I really have an issue is at the trough because I am much bigger than most everyone so that when a guy steps back I can't fit in his spot... it means that I stand back a bit to piss (pretty messy) or I have to exercise some patience!

Barnylvr

Experimental Member
Media
I hate those partitons too. I'm sort of an exhibitionist when it comes to urinating in public. I love not only unzipping but also love to unbuckle and just open my pants up so it hangs out. I came across a comment not too long ago where a guy was in the bathroom of a gay bar waiting to pee. One guy that was in line already had his pants opened and his cock out. An he said no one seemed to take notice of it.

yandrsupreme

Legendary Member
Media
I'm guessing in a public bathroom, which is typically cleaned daily or more it's not as gross as you would think. However, psychologically, it is gross and I wouldn't do it. Your computer probably has more germs on it than a public urinal/toilet.

For what it's worth, the last guy I dated didn't even like using urinals because of the back splash. Even in a public bathroom he'd go to a stall...everyone is different I suppose. And it might not have to do with size but shyness. I know I'm shy and I wouldn't want people to watch me pee. It's a vulnerable thing.

I agree about the backsplash, you just must aim right. Wall mounted urinals have a "sweet spot" where you get no backsplash. I prefer the floor type, though. I know your computer has more germs, BUT... they are MY germs. This is why people get 3 and 4 colds/flu a year. I haven't been sick in 2 years, I don't touch doorknobs, and I use my own pen when I have to sign something like a credit card slip or whatever. I'm aware of the urine being sterile thing... UNLESS the person has a UTI. And of course, there's always the occasional uncut man with head cheese for days. The urine may be sterile, but can get contaminated on it's way out the "door".

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The other day, in Barnes and Noble, when I walked into the bathroom, there was this guy standing so far away from the urinal you could totally see his whole dick.
It made me feel a tad uncomfortable.

I don't necessarily hide, but I don't want to flash people.

talldarknathletic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am definitely not a fan of those partitions. They always have some nasty bubbling / cracking paint or veneer on them from all the backsplash. Who has the duty of cleaning the partition walls....nobody. Even the stainless steel ones have permanent streaks.

Urinals without backsplashes also scare me....because someone next to you with bad aim ends up spraying your legs and ??. Not cool since the urinal are placed pretty close together.

Troughs though are great for unloading at a game but my god do they smell. Beyond the smell I would prefer the wide open spaces of a trough. I can't remember much of a backsplash in a trough either!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... UNLESS the person has a UTI. And of course, there's always the occasional uncut man with head cheese for days. The urine may be sterile, but can get contaminated on it's way out the "door".

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :eek:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Remember waaaaay back when when the urinals sloped down to the ground? worse- when you would flush with this odd shooshing sound, if you weren't careful your dang shoes would get splashed... I am sure they used lots of water too.

I have noticed there are fewer and fewer 'trough' style urinals even at large sporting events...

what I CAN'T stand is bathrooms where the door opens from the inside so you have grab the handle... talk about germy...better yet, mens rooms with no doors...

D_Parkinsonne Partycocke

Just Browsing
Media
Remember waaaaay back when when the urinals sloped down to the ground? worse- when you would flush with this odd shooshing sound, if you weren't careful your dang shoes would get splashed... I am sure they used lots of water too.

We used to have those in our middle school... Other boys used to come in and try to push you into them! Talk about gross... Luckily I was always tall and big, so the littler bastards couldn't push me in... Some of the smaller guys though did get pushed in... YUCK... For a while, the boy's room was supervised because of it...

Although today, I have to admit that I'm not a big urinal fan... Maybe it is flashbacks from those days of the littler bastards trying to push me in! Some of my former guy classmates say they are the same way! The floor urinals are not there anymore, so no other boys in the school have to go through that shit!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is why people get 3 and 4 colds/flu a year. I haven't been sick in 2 years, I don't touch doorknobs, and I use my own pen when I have to sign something like a credit card slip or whatever. I'm aware of the urine being sterile thing... UNLESS the person has a UTI. And of course, there's always the occasional uncut man with head cheese for days.
I don't take your precautions and I never get sick. Your immune system learns by exposure to pathogens. There is some good evidence that all the antibacterial soaps and alcohol hand wash can actually cause problems. And how many people would have head cheese for days nowadays? Strange worries.

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
Now what the deal with these water less urinal? Can someone tell them inventor that these sink so bad I have to hold my breath. School and library are using these now.

scarletfury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Now what the deal with these water less urinal? Can someone tell them inventor that these sink so bad I have to hold my breath. School and library are using these now.
My college has some of them too. Basically they should at least have a flush function. >_<