urinals in culture

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I remember those trough type urinals in City Park Stadium (here in New Orleans). At the games everyone used em at once and nobody seemed to think a thing of it.

Now I've been nekkid in mass groups before but there's something about those "open air" urinals that make me a bit uneasy.

Don't mind takin a whizz among a group of guys in the john, but standing there in the street or at a busy intersection with your bum to the general public facing a potty seems... well... right humiliating to me.

I mean, hey, why don't you just stick a gloved finger up my arse while I'm at it, doc?

vxie

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
lol i find this very interesting... in australia, most public toilets are the trough style... even when we have individual urinals there is hardly ever a divider between them.... in fact i cant even remember seeing a urinal with dividers between them

lovin_california

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol i find this very interesting... in australia, most public toilets are the trough style... even when we have individual urinals there is hardly ever a divider between them.... in fact i cant even remember seeing a urinal with dividers between them

Vxie, I wouldn't want a divider between us either. ;)

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a football supporters' bar in Glasgow (Scotland) where they had a glass-backed trough with a TV screen behind it. They showed rival teams' matches so you could piss on the opposition.

rodsmith

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Viking,
That sounds like fun. It is just so boring staring at a blank wall while taking a piss. Has anyone else been to a mens room where they have something for guys to look at while they're taking a leak.....some places have sports articles on the walls, that place in Japan has windows to look out of.....anyone see anything else anywhere?

Nativenude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’ve been to a couple of different men’s room’s that had one way glass walls over the urinals giving the user a nice view out into the rest of the establishment. Was an interesting experience, gives one the feeling of being exposed and watched without actually being exposed.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
These probably aren't the sort of things you want to see...

In the first one, the chick in red is scary.

Yes those are funny. ...be interesting if they'd put a little counter at each of the potties just to keep a count on which one most guys used.

In the second pic the guy chose the same "loo" I would've...bet that gets used the most. In the other pic I'd have to go with the first.

bigcurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not really concern either way but now that it is mentioned:

I've observed this as well in the UK.

Also in Mexico most don't have any except in areas more frequented by US tourists.

I agree I don't understand what the big deal it is here in U.S.? U.S. seems to be one of the biggest markets for anything sexual (magazines, TV, music etc.) yet you have all that modesty at the gym showers and urinals.

When I was younger we had open urinals and toilets with no stalls in them, and this is in Texas, then in 15 -20 years time everything has a changed. Not sure what caused that change, perhaps single-parent boys with no fathers around who then grow up insecure about themselves as males?

I didn't want to get going about this but I'll tell u what's happened, briefly.
In case u haven't noticed, it's a woman's world nowadays. Women and pussy-whipped men. If you need any elaboration, feel free to ask.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’ve been to a couple of different men’s room’s that had one way glass walls over the urinals giving the user a nice view out into the rest of the establishment. Was an interesting experience, gives one the feeling of being exposed and watched without actually being exposed.

Huh...I wonder who thought of that. Then how do you go about pitching the idea to the decision maker(s).

Using those men's rooms sounds sort of like being naked in front of a blind person, or a blindfolded person. They can't see you, but you're still naked in front of another person, and you're very self-conscious about it.

I think there is something enjoyable about being naked out in the open, while at the same time there are feelings of vulnerability from the sense of exposure. I suppose these men's rooms you mention give the user the thrill of having an exhibitionistic moment that's totally safe and socially acceptable, because even though from his perspective he's naked in front of others (not just naked, but urinating), no one can actually see him; they are effectively "blind" to his nakedness.

bigcurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here are 2 photos of street urinals in Amsterdam and the UK. They are becoming commonplace in cities all over Europe. For those of you who claim not to be piss shy, if they showed up in the business district of your local town or on your college campus, would you use them without hesitating?

yeah. in a minute.

Nativenude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’ve been to two with the one way glass. And yes you feel very exposed while using them. You are sure everyone can see in thru the glass. One was a restaurant in pleasure island in Orlando, I understand its been closed for remodeling, the other one was in one of the nite clubs in Vegas. Have heard there are a few other such ones around but don’t know where those are. A couple of the cruise ships have full size windows above their urinals for a view of the ocean while taking care of business. Those have to be interesting to use when in port. There are several high rise buildings a friend was telling me about that have full floor to ceiling windows ( one in hong kong ) overlooking the city on some upper floors while using the facilities. Some fun and very beautiful ones to use are the water wall ones. You simply urinate into the cascading wall of water.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...A couple of the cruise ships have full size windows above their urinals for a view of the ocean while taking care of business. Those have to be interesting to use when in port. There are several high rise buildings a friend was telling me about that have full floor to ceiling windows ( one in hong kong ) overlooking the city on some upper floors while using the facilities. Some fun and very beautiful ones to use are the water wall ones. You simply urinate into the cascading wall of water.

You mean like these?
...There are several high rise buildings a friend was telling me about that have full floor to ceiling windows ( one in hong kong ) overlooking the city on some upper floors while using the facilities. Some fun and very beautiful ones to use are the water wall ones. You simply urinate into the cascading wall of water.

You mean like these?
The Urinals of the Norwegian Star
The Urinals of The Felix
http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Port-Edward-Urinal--Commerzbank-747974.jpg

I know I've seen pics of water wall urinals, but I can't find any at the moment.

Here are just some fun pics I found while looking for the ones above. I like the soap dispenser.

» WC Weltreise | JOBlog - Der Job und Karriere Blog

Nativenude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yep like those !! I think there are more such urinals around than most would think. Just have to keep an eye open for them!!

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've used the ones in the centre of Manchester a few times.
When they were a new feature guys would get heckled by women having a night out on the town.:smile: Now that they've been around a while no-one takes any notice.
Can you just imagine having these things in the US? The right-wing Christians would probably drop dead at the site of one. Maybe we should put a few of these things around and see what would happen.