Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
once you have one it is difficult to do anything except visit the urologist and get some antibiotics. UTIs (at least for me) are too painful and don't go away by themselves...
If you're just trying to prevent--- drink lots of water and keep everything moving

D

deleted1334580

I had one of these about 4 months ago (rare in men) but yeah it felt like I had the flu as far as fever and stuff and I was peeing dribbles every 5 minutes. About 3 days of antibiotics and I was back to normal.

D

deleted1074483

yup don't delay go to your GP or urologist and take the antibiotics - UTIs can cause serious harm to you if not dealt with, they can send you completely doolally and give you hallucinations or worse.

At this time on lockdown esp if you live alone, just go get this treated before it worsens.

Reactions: MariaMaria2

Lota of cramberry juice! Or buy the cranberry capsule, stay away from caffeine for a while

Reactions: Gj816

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yup don't delay go to your GP or urologist and take the antibiotics - UTIs can cause serious harm to you if not dealt with, they can send you completely doolally and give you hallucinations or worse.

At this time on lockdown esp if you live alone, just go get this treated before it worsens.

THIS.
My husband has had UTIs, I think 3 times.
The first couple of times he started saying really wacky shit, and I thought, " Oh no, this feels like dementia!" But when he said he couldn't pee, I thought "We are going to the doctor, now!"
After 3 times, now if he says something stupid, I say "Have you had nice piss today?"

D

deleted1074483

THIS.
My husband has had UTIs, I think 3 times.
The first couple of times he started saying really wacky shit, and I thought, " Oh no, this feels like dementia!" But when he said he couldn't pee, I thought "We are going to the doctor, now!"
After 3 times, now if he says something stupid, I say "Have you had nice piss today?"

yeah people don't know what a UTI can do if it gets serious/out of control - can be pretty bad.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Shyam Silva

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
So I take it you've been seen by a doctor already given you 'struggle' with UTIs.
They aren't particularly common in men because of our anatomy so making sure you've had a scan and a consult is pretty important to rule out structural abnormalities.

That said, trying to figure out why you're getting recurrent UTIs will help figure out how best to prevent them. It's pretty common in those with uncontrolled diabetes for instance. Getting better control of your sugars can reduce the occurrence. Have a chat to your doctor who can help consider non-pharmaceutical therapies (if that's something you want).

Best wishes!

Tight_End_SC

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A high dose of Vit C and cranberry juice is always good but no substitute for getting on some antibiotics that can only be prescribed by your doc. I know my post is late, but thought I would throw that out there. Stay well !!!

manju

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's not normal to have chronic UTI. You should get medical treatment and testing so you don't pass it on to your sex partners.

You need to get your standard STI tests, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia. If they are negative other sexual infections that aren't regularly tested for that may cause UTI are Trichomoniasis and Genetalium Mycoplasma as well as a host of other non-specific bacteria. Sometimes UTI infections can be resistant to commonly prescribed STI antibiotics like Azithromyacin. Treat yourself so you don't pass it on.

As a preventative measure wear a condom for anal. The ass has huge amounts of bacteria that will get into your piss slit. After fucking or getting a blow job wash your dick and piss hole with soap and water if possible and take a piss to flush UTI bacteria out. Diabetics have common problems with getting infections easily and taking longer to get over them as a previous poster has said. Have your blood sugar checked.

I have heard men prone to UTI's take D-Mannose pills before sex as a prevention but not sure it works. Unfortunately, UTI's are inevitable if you have lots of unprotected sex.

Take care of yourself and protect your health guy.

Shofixti

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to get them regularly - but the simple change that was needed was wash your penis with soap after sex! (And pee if you can)

Also, wash after using any sex toy.

You are only getting UTI's because bacteria are entering your urethra, so figure out where you dick is touching bacteria and WASH!

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I recently tried to flush a UTI out, using water and cranberry juice, but it didn't succeed and I ended up on antibiotics. It was my third this year, so somewhat concerning. I know that Hypospadias surgery when I was younger and, more recently, becoming a Type 2 Diabetic are both risk factors. However they're becoming more common than I'd like and my GP is making arrangements for me to have an ultrasound at some point, to try and pick up on any physical abnormalities that might be giving trouble. I would, however, be interested to hear from anyone who similarly struggles with Urinary Tract Infections.