Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
MR, have you ever tried uristat? My doc had me take them one time when I couldn't get in to see her for a few days (Friday afternoon). It worked and I've been using them since. If I take them for a day or two when I first feel that gotta pee or I'll die but I just pee'd and it hurt feeling then I usually don't get the full on UTI - helps clear it up. Turns your pee orange - I thought I was bleeding the first time I took it.

Uristat (phenazopyridine) medical facts from Drugs.com

Uristat: The Pain Reliever for Urinary Tract Infections that I Never Leave Home Without - Associated Content

Oh yes, the orange pee is the worst, it stains everything. I used to get prescription Peridiam but my pharmacist said that the Azo Standard is the same thing just in smaller doses. My urologist gave me some pills that turned my urine this turquiose blue, that was so weird looking down and having indigo colored urine. I dont seem to notice whether or not it helps with the burning pain much. My pharmacist says it really does help by coating the urethra. I suppose i should take it when i feel one of these coming on. It literally stains my toilet too!

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, it's nasty for a few days but seems to stave off my UTI while it is still getting started. I just wear a panty liner when I take it. You're situation is far worse than mine - generally a good pee after sex and quality toilet paper keep me clear. Before I started going to the bathroom every time (without exception) I got quite a few infections.

Do you buy cranberry juice in bulk?

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Muttley, i get sore from sex in some form or another everytime we do it. I also have a semen allergy that makes for swelling, itching burning and whatnot. Supposedly frequent exposure to semen is supposed to help with the antibody reaction. I can't say it has eliminated it to have sex more often but the symptoms arent nearly as severe as when we wait longer, too long, between sex.

I've tried all sorts of things that people have recommended, bacteria is bacteria to my bladder, urethra, ureters and kidneys. Once the bacteria is present, the warm wet environment causes it to multiply quickly, then come the symptoms. Seems to be nothing i've tried that helps. Including expensive medical grade antibacterial/antimicrobial soaps to wash up before and afterwards.

I am astonished that even with all the problems and pain you've gone through, you still enjoy sex.I hope that didn't come off as condescending, I've just known women who've gone through a quarter of what you've described and wanted nothing to do with sex.

My wife was diagnosed with Adenomyosis and was in horrible pain for the longest time. It struck me as odd that, like you, when the pain subsided, she was still horny.

Mackleanen Beebarf

Experimental Member
Media
because the girth makes his cock rub up against the urethral opening very hard, pulling it all over the place giving it access to all sorts of lovely things. This isnt a cleanliness issue, for some it might be but for me its not. Genitals have germs regardless how much you wash up. For centuries people never showered- let alone before or after sex and many of them never had bladder issues. i've known people who never bathe and never get bladder infections and then there are people like me who are scrupulously clean and still get them.

Some women are more prone than others. My genitals are very small, close together and when penetrated, have to make way for it a lot more than most.

I can probably attribute this one to not peeing after sex a couple of times this week. I should know better but i have a hard time going afterwards but it looks like i'll have to make it happen.

If you recall the other threads on this, we have this problem, too.

Yeah, nobody wants to leave the breathless afterglow for a trip to the bathroom, but it is unfortunately a necessary evil. Occasionally I'll have to nag DW to do so.

I forget now who said it elsewhere in this thread, but it does verily suck to have something as great as sex have such a nasty side-effect. We've gotten a better handle on it over time via prevention/early intervention, but I do feel guilty whenever it happens.

I do have one question that someone here might be able to answer. Is spooning a particular at-risk position? DW thinks it is due to the movement from back to front, but to me it seems like it'd be less traumatic on the urethra than entering from the front.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do have one question that someone here might be able to answer. Is spooning a particular at-risk position? DW thinks it is due to the movement from back to front, but to me it seems like it'd be less traumatic on the urethra than entering from the front.

Yes, unfortunately I think anything that really "gives good g-spot" is a risk as the urethra is basically just behind it. Bruising and swelling of the urethra leads to infections pretty often.

Dooo try the D-Mannose girlies!! If I was rich I'd send you all crates of it. For something that seems so "hmm it's natural, I don't think it'll work.." it's really amazing. Oh and don't worry about having to consume "sugar" as it's a different structure to the sugar your body processes, which is why it goes straight through to your urine.

Yep, A-level Biology plus being bathroom-bound with a laptop... equals finding out a lot about bladders :)

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depending on how severe the infection is, it could just be a couple of hours. I seem to remember taking a couple of spoonfuls in a glass of water once an hour, and never having to take more than three before I felt better.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, it probably says this in the instructions but your missus should avoid drinking other stuff if possible during the treatment so that the D-Mannose stays pretty concentrated in her bladder to pick up the bacteria. And try to wee as little as possible until it builds up for a while!

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i found this, thought it might be helpful. oh and i too found it a a local health food store so i'm definitely trying it. my IC is better than it used to be, but it still presents problems from time to time. apparently it only (d-mannose) works for cases of cystitis or IC that have been caused by regular infections, so i'm dubious as to whether it will help me or not. i have been tested 6 ways to sunday and my doctors all said i have zero sign of infection.

D-Mannose

waterfall d mannose for cystitis relief - Topix

D-Mannose Glyconutrient - A Natural Cystitis Remedy

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Update:

Last week my doctor sent a urine sample to the hospital to have a culture grown to see what kind of bacteria is present and how it responds to different antibiotics. It appears the type of bacteria that i grew in the petri dish is only responsive to Cipro. Which explains why that antibiotic worked so well in helping the last one i had. I'm still not sure what he wants to do about taking it for a prophylactic....the nurse said she'd ask him.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Oddly enough one of the common ones is E-Coli, which is what mine was the last time I went to the doc with bladder problems.

E Coli is what i usually had too. Sounds weird, but ecoli is on practically everything.

monika_30

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
your prbm is repeated uti after frequent inercourse
orgenism is KP and EC
u have 7 stones in ur kidney

the E coli comes through anus
KP orgnism comes from saliva

solution is :
get ur stones removed
paint ur pelvis right from urinary orfice to anus with Iodine before sex
use antiseptic cream and candid cream during intercourse rather apply on penis
take antibiotic as per culture for treatment every 15 days
u will see u will get rid off the uti in 6 month time

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update:

Last week my doctor sent a urine sample to the hospital to have a culture grown to see what kind of bacteria is present and how it responds to different antibiotics. It appears the type of bacteria that i grew in the petri dish is only responsive to Cipro. Which explains why that antibiotic worked so well in helping the last one i had. I'm still not sure what he wants to do about taking it for a prophylactic....the nurse said she'd ask him.

My wife was prescribed Cipro as well and it cleared about 85% of it. She ran out, I bought the D-Mannose (thanks BlunderWoman) and now it seems to be clearing everything else up.

The girl I work with is just on Cipro as well, but hers is permanent. I'm wondering if the bacteria will eventually be immune to the Cipro, but it seems to be working for her.

I've got to thank you and the others in this thread for helping.