MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i've had one UTI, evil little bastard worked it's way up into a kidney infection.
ouch. serious ouch.

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'd go for Cranberry complex tablets...look for ones with the higher amounts of cranberry.
I wouldn't touch what is being sold as cranberry juice these days. It's pretty much red sugar water with the cranberries waved over the top.

Cranberry does work and you can actually get fresh pure cranberry juice from organic health shops.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
wow.

dang, i am sorry i would have misled you with my advice, Mr. RawDog.
hope the new meds keeps you and the Mrs. happy and humping.
:hug:

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
RawDog, the generic for Macrobid. I just took the same Rx last week twice a day for five days in 100mg doses. I was in immense pain and peeing blood. I'm really surprised her doctor said to take each time after sex when you should really abstain from sex during that time. I couldn't imagine doing anything when my hooha was sore. But she's better now. :)

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was surprised at that as well. I was always instructed by the doc to abstain from sex during such an event. That was also reinforced by my lady being in extreme pain. Pain does not equal sexy in that scenario.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess I need to clarify. She had a bad case of UTI, which she was taking medication for already. The UTI was almost over when she was prescribed the Nitrofurantoin as a prophylaxis (thanks for the word, Ms. MickeyLee). MrsR's main concern that after the UTI's done, it almost always comes

So, the UTI at its worse, is definitely not a state where either of us want to have sex anyway.

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
From my own experience of UTI's I can say that they're certainly no joke and can be very unpleasant indeed. The worst one I had took a fortnight of strong Antibiotics (I think it was Amoxycillin 500mg) to shift. Cranberry juice (and cranberry capsules) are certainly of value but only as a means of helping to prevent UTI's recurring. They don't cure UTI's - at least not in my experience. Drinking plenty of water is also a great help. If the bladder's flushed out regularly there's less chance of the bacteria which cause infections gaining a hold. From a guy's point of view it's also a good excuse for him to get his cock out of his pants.

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Suprised I haven't read any responses (I did only scan the posts quickly) that mention peeing after having sex... It's a non-medical form of profylaxis, but one that can help you out a great deal as well. It's possibly tricky and annoying after orgasm but it does help preventing the bacteria to move upwards into the urinary tract and "sticking" to the bladder epithelia.

On a sidenote, bacterial resistance to drugs is more likely to develop at low doses rather than high doses. Bacteria have a high mutation frequency. Most of the times, if the mutant isn't better than the original bacteria, it will not have the chance to replicate (enough) and the original bacteria will "swamp" it. At the low doses, the bacteria with a little higher "resistance" to an antibiotic, would have the chance to grow more than other bacteria that are more susceptible to the drug. That's how resistant populations occur. Now when the antibiotic dose is high enough, the bacteria that got "a little resistant" (either through a change in enzymes or cell wall structure or...) will still be killed by the antibiotic because their mechanisms against the drug are overruled. That's why the current guidelines in antibiotics are aiming at using high enough dosage forms.
Errr... well in case anyone was interested in the details ^^

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
UTIs are no fun. Some people are more prone than others. If you do all the shaggin', and butt fukkin, and crotch lickin' and blow jobbin', and ass eatin' you want to do, you'll learn about them sooner or later.

Damn!
You had me at "shaggin" :tongue:

Number 51

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the first couple of years after we were married, my ex-wife had UTIs about seven times. She drank lots of cranberry juice and urinated after sex, but she still got them. We eventually figured out that one of the sex positions we were using was the likely culprit (unfortunately, her favorite position). Once we cut down on using that one, the problem went away.

I also got one UTI during that time. It kept me bedridden for almost two days with pain and a high fever (by contrast, hers were never very painful and she could function normally even when she had one).

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never had one until I had my hysterectomy. Within my first 2 months post-surgery I had 3. :frown:

I found this link, Rawdog. It lists some of the causes of UTI's, including antibiotics. Maybe this could help. Good luck to your wife, it must be driving her nuts!

Thanks for the link. She did read about the decreased estrogen being a culrpit as well. Something about the membranes thinning due to the lower levels increasing the likelihood.

Something that also needs to be brought up is alcohol intake. Alcohol and UTIs definitely do not go together. Stop all use of alcohol until the UTI symptoms are gone.

We've had our usual hour to two hour sex marathons again and so far very little UTI symptoms have resurfaced.

So far so good.

In the first couple of years after we were married, my ex-wife had UTIs about seven times. She drank lots of cranberry juice and urinated after sex, but she still got them. We eventually figured out that one of the sex positions we were using was the likely culprit (unfortunately, her favorite position). Once we cut down on using that one, the problem went away.

What position was that?

I also got one UTI during that time. It kept me bedridden for almost two days with pain and a high fever (by contrast, hers were never very painful and she could function normally even when she had one).

I think women just have a higher pain tolerance.

Number 51

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What position was that?

She lay on her abdomen and I lay on top of her with my hand on her vulva and entered from behind. She really liked it because she said it gave her clitoris a workout front and back. Unfortunately, I suspect the head of my penis and/or hand (and all of the bacteria thereon) were brushing against her urethra when doing this.

I think women just have a higher pain tolerance.

I'm not entirely sure pain tolerance was the only factor there. A fever does compound the issue.

Yes, it did. When she had a UTI, her temperature was barely above normal. When I got mine, I broke 102 degrees F and could barely get out of bed.