Urinary Tract Infections

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wanted to provide an update on the Nitrofurantoin MrsR is taking (she calls it her "fucking medicine").

So far, so good.. Not a single UTI in the last two months and not only that, the frequency (and duration) of our sexual encounters are increasing with very few "warning signs" like difficulty peeing coming up. And, this is after two three hour romps back to back in the last two days.

Great stuff, highly recommend it if you have UTI issues.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just wanted to provide an update on the Nitrofurantoin MrsR is taking (she calls it her "fucking medicine").

So far, so good.. Not a single UTI in the last two months and not only that, the frequency (and duration) of our sexual encounters are increasing with very few "warning signs" like difficulty peeing coming up. And, this is after two three hour romps back to back in the last two days.

Great stuff, highly recommend it if you have UTI issues.

Yay for the more sex!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Also yay because MrsR isn't in as much misery :tongue:.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank goodness for this thread! I got a call from my (ex-RN) friend who has had 6 UTI's in the past six months (I can sympathize as I had a recurrent one for TWO YEARS!)

Will send heer an email with all the cool links in here:biggrin:

I would like to share something: One of the UTI's I had was caused by streptococcus viridians (and here is another link). Strep viridians is a normal microflora found in the mouth. The reason i bring this up, is that a few websites out there say you can't get UTs through oral sex. Yeaah. Right :tongue: Another reason for good dental health:
strep viridians is a main culprit in the bulk bacterial endocarditis.

I have it traced back to one playmate I had at the time who later was complaining that a few of his old fillings had come loose and he was developing cavities behind them. Possibly the increase of the strep viridians and his giving hours of BJ's combined with my usual state of dehydration (well, back then, now I am a water freak) and lack of pissing after sex (see the dehydration thing, and oral sex is still sex) combined to allow it.

Had to love the doctor. He almost was able to say"You know...this is bacterium is found in the mouth...", without chuckling:redface:

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yay for the more sex!!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Also yay because MrsR isn't in as much misery :tongue:.

Yes and yes for both! Can't tell you how much more intense the genital snuggling has become.

Thank goodness for this thread! I got a call from my (ex-RN) friend who has had 6 UTI's in the past six months (I can sympathize as I had a recurrent one for TWO YEARS!)

Truth be known, this thread is what got my mind changed about this place. There are actual issues here we can figure out on our own and pass around amongst like-minded people.

Will send heer an email with all the cool links in here:biggrin:
Why not send her a link to this thread? I've helped about three of my wife's friends because of this thread. Only one of them did I have the balls to send a link to.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I realize this is a two year old thread I'm bumping, but this thread opened my eyes as far as the whole sex/big dick/UTI phenomenon was concerned, so I thought this would be the best place to ask this.

Has anyone ever taken Nitrofurantoin? The reason I'm asking is that my wife was prescribed this this morning for her UTI and she was told by her urologist/gynecologist to take one pill after *every* time we have sex. One thing we thought of this evening was what if we had sex three times in one day, would she take it thrice? Wouldn't 3 doses of an antibiotic be bad? It's 11:30 pm here and we will call the doctor's office tomorrow morning, but I was just curious if anyone's had any experience with this drug.

Yes, I take Nitrofurantoin daily to keep the bacteria at bay to prevent them from turning into a full blown infection. And it works well for it!

LUM_1986

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG is a real Women's Fucking Issue

So, am i the only one who gets these constantly? This is the downside to being small and having a girthy man (friction and all). This tends to happen when we have sex frequently, never when we do it infrequently. I've battled these from sex for like 15 years, eventually had bladder/urethra surgery to help all for no good reason. Guess im going to have to try to get in with the doc tomorrow.

Ugh, now excuse me while i go *try* to pee again.

Hey Madame..! :)

Im not sure if anyone has posted anything like this, since Im running low on time to type so havent read all of the posts fully.

I'm Male, but I suffer from terrible Urinary Tract infections. And being male, once it gets into my longer urethra, the idea that it will EVER 'clear up' is almost impossible. It waxes and wains.

My mums always full of old folksy ways of fixing things. I once asked her if she knew any, after doing EVERYTHING that the doctor told me to try.

She didn't have any idea how to help me, as a male, but she told me that in the 50's in the UK, it was quite common for girls she knew to dip a tampon in yogurt, leave it in for say an hour, then remove and go on with there day.

Apparently, the Live Cultures in the Yogurt 'line' the entrance to the vagina, meaning that anything that tries to crawl into the urethral opening has to fight its way thru them, if that makes an sense.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know..! :)

(Basically it recreates the balance of bacteria throughout the vagina and urethral opening)

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I take Nitrofurantoin daily to keep the bacteria at bay to prevent them from turning into a full blown infection. And it works well for it!

One thing my wife's been doing a lot of recently is washing her twat with the bidet after she pees after sex. The cold soothes and the water cleans the area pretty well too.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hey Madame..! :)

Im not sure if anyone has posted anything like this, since Im running low on time to type so havent read all of the posts fully.

I'm Male, but I suffer from terrible Urinary Tract infections. And being male, once it gets into my longer urethra, the idea that it will EVER 'clear up' is almost impossible. It waxes and wains.

My mums always full of old folksy ways of fixing things. I once asked her if she knew any, after doing EVERYTHING that the doctor told me to try.

She didn't have any idea how to help me, as a male, but she told me that in the 50's in the UK, it was quite common for girls she knew to dip a tampon in yogurt, leave it in for say an hour, then remove and go on with there day.

Apparently, the Live Cultures in the Yogurt 'line' the entrance to the vagina, meaning that anything that tries to crawl into the urethral opening has to fight its way thru them, if that makes an sense.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know..! :)

(Basically it recreates the balance of bacteria throughout the vagina and urethral opening)

I've heard of this before, but for yeast embalances that cause yeast infections. Which might be the culprit for some women if they are sore and inflamed from the yeast infection which has made for more friction during sex. But as for the bacteria that causes a bladder infection....those are usually from E. Coli which can't be positively effected by yogurt. In my case they cultured the bacteria so they could figure out which antibiotic it responded to and strangely it was Klebsiella Pneumoniae which can be deadly. I require Cipro (for Anthrax) when it gets out of control.

The Nitrofuriantoin is a good antibiotic for prophylactic use or even at higher doses to help with those nasty bladder infections.

Just don't go putting a tampon full of yogurt in your urethra....you might just make a bad UTI smell like strawberries ;)

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

She didn't have any idea how to help me, as a male, but she told me that in the 50's in the UK, it was quite common for girls she knew to dip a tampon in yogurt

I went through years of NSUs (non-specific urethritis) and UTIs. One of the things that helped break the cycle was "the penis dip", something guys apparently have been doing for a long time. You get powdered live active cultures/probiotics, mix in water in a glass, and dip your cock in it as far as you can for 15 minutes or so. (Thoroughly wash your cock beforehand, of course.) It helps re-colonize the distal urethra and mucosal end of the penis with a lot of good bacteria that help resist infections. This was particularly important in my case, because to completely clear me of the recurrent bladder/urethra infections I had to go on a course of powerful antibiotics which killed off not only the infection(s), but also both the bad and good bacteria lining the urethra. When you do the dip, you give the beneficial bacteria an advantage in the recolonization.

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
I had basically constant UTIs for several years - and my bladder was just plain weakened. I literally had bloody urine from it and it got to the point where continence was a big issue. A urologist prescribed me a low dose antibiotic (don't remember which one, but it was like 50 mg/day) to take for 6 months. It was just enough to keep me from getting any new infections so my bladder could heal. I haven't had a UTI in years now.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Mm Rouge...I read the first few pages then this last page. I too have a history of Uti's and Kidney Stones since I was about 11 years of age. Someone was asking about reasons for the kidney stones and about 2 years ago it was found that I had hypercalcemia due to a parathyroid adenoma and had to have a very delicate surgery to remove the tumor from my neck. Symptoms are high blood calcium levels, complicated pregnancies for women, high PTH, kidney stones, heart symptoms, bone pain from lack of calcium and uti's from the stones creating infections. Often thought of as "Stones, moans and groans" by dr's.

This affects both men and women btw...It's cheap and easy to test for in your general practitioners office...no need for a urologist, just a great ENT surgeon and endocrinologist to watch you for a while after.

I still am passing kidney stones developed from years of having the tumor and I seem to stay on antibiotics and dispite all the precautions I still get uti's because of it. E Coli is my main culprit.