LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I am scheduled to have an evaluation on the 3rd of December for a Urolift. Has anyone had the procedure? If so what was the experience like and did it improve the symptoms of your enlarged prostate?
I've also read that so men see and improvement is sexual function after the procedure. Any of you had this experience ?
I'm just tired of the urgency, dribbling, and peeing every hour or so. If it relieves all these symptoms it will be worth it.
Thanks in advance for y'all's input.

Reactions: notN2pussy

SilentMajority

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not everyone qualifes for Urolift. In my case, the prostate was too enlarged and would have required too many of the 'lifts' to be viable. I ended up with an old fashioned TURP, which has been great for me. While it is surgical and requires a one night Hospital stay, it's worth considering. My urologist is a believer in Urolift and does the procedure, but he says that a larger percentage of people have good results with TURP.

japetty

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
kenhud is correct but my Urologist said my prostate was too enlarged for the Urolift and at the present he is seeing if it can be shrunk first with medication. The two kinds of medication which has taken my getting up 3 to 4 times a night to 1 time a night. The medication has side affects on me which is my erections. I have not said anything to the Urologist just yet. I see my Primary Care Provider Nov 25, 2019 to talk my options over with my Primary Care Provider. I see the Urologist again on Dec 3, 2019 but I may move that appointment out to first part of January 2020. The Urologist said he would try the medications for 3 month which would be up about the end of Feb 2020.

Good Luck masonjames with what ever you and your Urologist decide for you.

TURP: Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) - Mayo Clinic
Urolift: UroLift | BPH Treatment | Enlarged Prostate Surgery

MK9

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've just had Thulep/Thuvac surgery (8 days ago) after 2 urinary blocks in the last 2 months. Stayed 3 days at the hospital after surgery. I still have some blood when urinating - at the beginning of the flow. Must drink a lot of water and stay home for some days. Some irritation of the glans tip, slowly going away.

Reactions: Bernd

masonjames

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've just had Thulep/Thuvac surgery (8 days ago) after 2 urinary blocks in the last 2 months. Stayed 3 days at the hospital after surgery. I still have some blood when urinating - at the beginning of the flow. Must drink a lot of water and stay home for some days. Some irritation of the glans tip, slowly going away.

Wishing you well on your recovery.

japetty

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am seeing my Urologist to discuss the problem this medication is causing with erections. I feel rather than shrink the prostate to use Urolyft, I discussed this with my Primary Care Physician on Monday 25 November 2019 and I told her that I am of the opinion to do the Turp procedure. My Primary Care Physician agreed with my reasoning So I guess I will now discuss this with my Urologist Tuesday December 3, 2019. If I can get him to agree I am going to schedule the procedure after my Birthday February 3, 2020.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am seeing my Urologist to discuss the problem this medication is causing with erections. I feel rather than shrink the prostate to use Urolyft, I discussed this with my Primary Care Physician on Monday 25 November 2019 and I told her that I am of the opinion to do the Turp procedure. My Primary Care Physician agreed with my reasoning So I guess I will now discuss this with my Urologist Tuesday December 3, 2019. If I can get him to agree I am going to schedule the procedure after my Birthday February 3, 2020.
It's always best to look at all the options available... Good Luck on what ever your decide.

Reactions: japetty

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Going Tuesday the third to be evaluated for a Urolift. They are doing a cystoscopy and a rectal sonogram to see if I qualify anyone else had these two procedures?

I've had a flexible cystoscopy, which was done in the doctor's office. I went in the room and he told me to undress below the waist and put this paper sheet over me. He came back, grabbed my penis and injected some numbing lidocaine down the urethra. Then he stuck the camera, which was at the end of a thin tube up and into the bladder. After getting a view of the inside of the bladder, he began to pull the tube out. At one point he said, "While I'm here, let's look at the prostate." Everything was fine, so he pulled it out. I was told that I would experience painful urination for a while, which I did. The first couple were torture, but then after the second, it really settled down so that, by the end of the next day, there was no pain at all.

As for the ultrasound ( according to a medical procedure article):

During the rectal ultrasound study a proctoscope (about ¾” in diameter) is passed through the anus into the rectum. The doctor can then directly look at the tumor or injury. He then inserts an ultrasound probe through the proctoscope and takes ultrasound pictures of the rectum and the tissues surrounding it. Ultrasound pictures are made using high-frequency sound waves to create images of tissue layers beneath the surface. A physician who has special training in ultrasound exams performs the exam. He will have an assistant who also has special training for this procedure. The entire procedure usually takes less than 15 minutes. The doctor will discuss the result with you before you leave.

SilentMajority

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a cystoscopy when being evaluated for Urolift. Really a painless procedure if you don't mind being splayed out, feet resting in stirrups, with a stranger sticking a tube up your dick. Actually my urologist had an intern do the bulk of the procedure. I was able to watch the monitor and he gave me an overview of what her observed. The deadening agent took care of all of the discomfort, and I don't recall any painful urination after.

SilentMajority

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I've mentioned in previous threads, I ended up doing a TURP. But regardless of which treatment you end up with, the end result of being able to actually empty the bladder (not to mention getting the powerful stream back) without the post urinary dripping and without several nightly trips to piss, are worth it.

Reactions: Bernd

masonjames

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well guys I had the procedure to look at my prostate, this morning. It wasn't the news I wanted but it is what it is. He said my prostate was 84 and the cut off recommended for the Urolift is 80. He wanted to recommend the TURP procedure but said he would try the Urolift, if I insisted, but couldn't guarantee the outcome.
Right now i am leaning on trying the Urolift. I really don't want the TURP, if there's anyway around it. I have had several friends who had TURP and they had to be catheterized for several weeks afterward in order to pee. I even assisted one of them getting the cath in, since he had scar tissue and couldn't manage on his own.
He told me we could try the Urolift if I wanted but recommended the TURP .
I would like any advice you guys can give me. Be honest with your opinions. Ultimately the decision will be mine but you can help me by your recommendations. Thank you all for your input. Good to have other men's advice

Reactions: notN2pussy

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well guys I had the procedure to look at my prostate, this morning. It wasn't the news I wanted but it is what it is. He said my prostate was 84 and the cut off recommended for the Urolift is 80. He wanted to recommend the TURP procedure but said he would try the Urolift, if I insisted, but couldn't guarantee the outcome.
Right now i am leaning on trying the Urolift. I really don't want the TURP, if there's anyway around it. I have had several friends who had TURP and they had to be catheterized for several weeks afterward in order to pee. I even assisted one of them getting the cath in, since he had scar tissue and couldn't manage on his own.
He told me we could try the Urolift if I wanted but recommended the TURP .
I would like any advice you guys can give me. Be honest with your opinions. Ultimately the decision will be mine but you can help me by your recommendations. Thank you all for your input. Good to have other men's advice

Get a second opinion before you make any decision.

Reactions: masonjames