US Air Flight down

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the figure that NBC gave was that within the past two years, 1.5 BILLION people have flown with no fatalities.

absurd... and it's the "bulk deaths" that seem to rile everyone up. more ppl die from the flu each year than airplane fatalities. however, indirect science shows SLSD (security line stress disorder) is the primary culprit for 40K cardiac arrests....

[disclosure: poster is "CLEAR" and thoroughly enjoys it at SFO and SJC]

Last edited:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was on a flight, a puddle jumper plane from major city to less major city with an airport and the plane ran into/was hit by a damned candian goose. the plane was close to the airport for landing and the pilot was able to bring it down safely. but it was remarkably disconcerting.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
I thank not God but strictly the pilot and other people involved. And clearly there was also a measure of good luck following the initial very bad luck.

The rescue effort was absolutely amazing. the pilot and crew did an amazing job of landing the plane in the river, and evacuating everyone from the plane safely. not to mention the boats and ferrys that immediately came to the rescue. thank God a more cataclysmic disaster was avoided.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
now that everybody's safe, i'll tell my joke:

rescue divers initially reported they had 5 fatalities, but they turned out to be mob hits.

hudson river....get it?

LMAO ROTFL :haha:

Yea, that was some amazing airmanship and thanks to everyone being on top of their game a major disaster was averted. I have new respect for the Airbus products...know in the industry as the Plastic Planes, for holding together under that kind of airframe stress.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did you catch Weekend Update on SNL last night? Since no one died, I suppose it was inevitable that a writer would come up with a joke about it. One of the lines could be rephrased as a typical riddle:

What does the U.S. Airways crash have in common with Top Gun?

A plane went down and Goose died.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
anybody want in on the pool of how soon there will be a lame cable movie about the crash? though i'm not sure how they'll turn a 5 min flight into a 90 min movie, they usually cast disaster movies with alot of unemployed d-listers so that will help the economy.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
anybody want in on the pool of how soon there will be a lame cable movie about the crash? though i'm not sure how they'll turn a 5 min flight into a 90 min movie, they usually cast disaster movies with alot of unemployed d-listers so that will help the economy.

Let us know the next time you are involved in a life or death situation? I'll check casting central, I'm sure Tori Spelling can play your part!