US Auto Industry Unstability

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Based on all the current news events of the Big 3, and now the big Delphi in the US claiming bankruptcy, How does this affect you, and your state where you live?
(This mainly intended for US residents)

In Michigan, this is a very scary time where many people may be left homeless, jobless, and penniless. There are no other jobs available, as everyone here is feeling the crunch, and pain from the possible collapse.
As for myself, I intend on turning a negative event into a postitive one.. (If I can).

I'll be finishing college irregardless of what happens, and may move out of state and start a new life.

Now...to figure out what to do for Christmas...
C

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jb17kx@Oct 14 2005, 11:10 PM
If this means you use less petrol, it'll afect me in a good way. But otherwise, I'm not affected at all... What's happening?
[post=351894]Quoted post[/post]​

This was mainly for the US residents, that will be directly affected by it, but I appreciate your participation.

I don't think we'll use Less Gasoline, especially with the rich bitches of the world driving 8,000 lb SUV's, thinking theyre high and mighty.
There are too many people, and now having to travel further for jobs.
C

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately, the US auto industry sabotages itself. They cave to pressures from oil interests to limit (read: eliminate) R&D in more efficient and renewable fuel designs. There is an unlimited supply of clean-burning methanol and ethanol, but virtually no attempts in the industry to take advantage of that fact. When the petroleum industry decides to make another gouge, the consumers and auto manufacturers take the hit.

There are direct correlations between fuel prices and auto sales. When fuel prices rise, auto sales fall - especially the guzzlers.

We use petroleum for such a wide variety of other things besides just gasoline, and we cannot make more crude oil. I have long advocated use of renewables for internal combustion, and saving the petroleum for those uses which have no substitute. Alas, I am just one voice, and not as loud as Exxon-Mobil.