US circumcision rates drop to record low of 33%

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by concupisys, Aug 10, 2010.

1. concupisys

concupisys Active Member

2. eurotop40

Gold Member

At last, common sense is reaching the US too...

3. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perhaps the steady discussion, that has annoyed some, has had this positive effect.
    Dave

4. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Plus the ever increasing cost of health care and citizens are now realizing that the "cutting" is really not required.

5. grower_60

grower_60 New Member

:veryhappy:
    Very positive sign.

6. txquis

Gold Member

Interesting trend. I have noticed, too, in the gay pics that are out there, we are seeing more and more intact males.

I am circumcised, and all of my friends my age were as well, in my town, with one or two exceptions. We certainly won't ever know what we missed.

7. madman411

madman411 Member

21 years too late lol. why didn't this happen when i was being born? NO FAIR! :wink:

my friend just had a baby boy last week... they insisted on a circ and they got it.

8. D_Stavelay Strappon

D_Stavelay Strappon New Member

Great news that the US seems to be following a lot of other countries. Here in western canada circumcision rates started to go down about 30-35 years ago, and now I believe that only about 10-15% of baby boys are being cut.

9. B_hung1988

B_hung1988 New Member

Albums:
    I am 24 and uncircumcised i was born and live in a area where boys are circumcised at a 50/50 rate and my father is circumcised but wanted his sons to be intact and i now have 4 sons(7,5 and 2 year old twins) all are uncircumcised.

As far as the rate going down to 33% i'm not shocked because with all states in major financial trouble i think within 5 years all states will drop medicaid coverage and as long as the AAP doesn't ever recommend circumcision more parents are learning an intact penis is just fine. I think we could see rates drop to 5% or less in the next 5 years

10. HughJohnson

HughJohnson New Member

I was uncircumcised up until the age of 18. I requested it be done. My frenulum was a bit tight on my foreskin so pulling my foreskin over my head would be a little hurtful for me, not to mention if my glans were to come in contact with anything without the foreskin covering it, the feeling would be awkward due to the sensitivity. Besides in the u.s. The majority of women (white women in particular) prefer cut cocks. Sometimes uncut dicks are even ridiculed. By the way, there is absolutely no difference in pleasure between cut and uncut dicks when it comes to sex, that's a load of bs.

11. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

For some there is no difference in sensation between being intact or cut. Others report a vast difference. It depends on the guy, his cock, and the style of circumcision. A man always takes a chance that his adult circumcision may be a big disappointment. As for girls preferring a cut cock, it depends on the girl. Some do, some don't. That is a very weak reason for getting a circumcision.

12. HughJohnson

HughJohnson New Member

Like I said, I live in the u.s. And the white women here 9 out of 10 times like men who are cut. It's common u.s. knowledge.

13. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:

Well now that the circumcision rates are dropping I guess the woman are just going to have to get used to it. In Europe, woman do not have an issue with intact males. As per the article linked by the OP, people are now more informed. In fact many times it is the wife that is opposed to having their newborn child left intact. The circumcised father automatically thinks the child should be like him. In foreskin restoration sites there are more women joining to learn about it and to try and convince their husbands to restore.

Why - because they know it affects them sexually as well.

Also, there is absolutely no way that circumcised sex can be the same as intact sex. The two types of penises are mechanically different.

14. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

Statistics are a weak way to cover up insecurities about being cut.

15. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

What you say is very true, but guys/parents in the U.S. have to start manning up and not just make their decisions based upon the whims of women and what they do and don't like. I was circumcised as an adult as well for a number of reasons, but none of which had anything to do with women. It's laughable to me what guys in this country will do because they've become too whipped to stand up for themselves, as individuals and as a gender. I mean, seriously, cut off a part of your body because women like it? Imagine the outrage if we were to demand that women do something comparable, like get a boob job or something.

Being cut should be a personal decision, just like getting a boob job. When the vast majority of men no longer are, women in the U.S. who have a problem with it will have to get over themselves. I'll also add that I was uncircumcised until I was 40, and had a full and active dating and sex life. Being uncut was never a problem, indeed if anything, it was regarded as a bit of a novelty, and not a negative one.

#15 D_Alec_Baldtwins, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  16. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:

Please note - I messed up my wording - should have been it is many times the wife that is is opposed to having their child circumcised.

17. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    so glad to hear that it is dropping, when my son was born the doctcr simply asked if we wanted it done and we both answered "no". The doctor was closing the diaper and said to my son "today is your lucky day little boy" and smiled at him and walked out.

18. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Lucky Day Indeed. Good, but would be a lot nicer if he just said, "we don't do that anymore," or didn't even bring it up. I can't imagine it's something doctors like doing. But there's always some fucked up people and RIC at a high of ninety percent for a few generations just a decade or two ago would suggest a lot of fucked up people, like madman's "friends."

19. sargon20

Gold Member

This is REAL bad news. Many many will have absolutely no life if they can't bitch and moan about circumcision 24/7. Get out the Prozac :frown1:

20. mandoman

Gold Member

I was thinking that about you, Sargon20.

Draft saved Draft deleted