US circumcision rates drop to record low of 33%

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
You missed my point. I'm not saying that many people lament their native tongue as an adult. I'm making a point that we have so many irreversible decisions made for us as children, about which we can doing nothing as an adult (And, yes, there are those who have cultural identity issues as adults, which involves not liking their maternal language.).

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
These things are to be avoided too.

It is a failure of logic to list horrible next to awful and conclude that one is okay by comparison.

In my opinion, I'd rather be circumcised as an infant than be raised by nutcase parents (no, my parents were nutcases).

Parents make a zillion irreversible decisions for their children. Circumcision is just one in a galaxy.

I'm scarred because I don't like my mother tongue. Why couldn't my parents speak German to me as a child? Why? It bothers me. I don't like my cultural identity. I can't change it. What I am stays with me, no matter where I go. Parents don't have that right to scar me like that. Nor do I like this Judeo-Christian values that I can't rid myself of. They're permanently with me. Let me grow up before I choose a religion, a culture, etc. Put me in bubble. You don't have a right to do anything to me growing up.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In my opinion, I'd rather be circumcised as an infant than be raised by nutcase parents.
How about neither? Don't insist on conflating things that don't go together. Although in this example they very well could go together.

Bull, you are normally a logical person and very well educated and intelligent. Don't play goofy. Some of us are very serious about exposing and ending RIC. It's fucked up when people who are bright play ignorant.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
How about neither? Don't insist on conflating things that don't go together. Although in this example they very well could go together.

Bull, you are normally a logical person and very well educated and intelligent. Don't play goofy. Some of us are very serious about exposing and ending RIC. It's fucked up when people who are bright play ignorant.

I can't be "normal" and "intelligent" on this one. Sorry. :biggrin1: I don't share the same anti-RIC passion. It's just not a major concern for me.

I love you, dxjnorto! But we can't agree on everything. You have Maxcock to back you up. He chewed me out above. That should make you happy. :tongue:

These anti-circ people have a right to their opinion, but they faill to see how many irreversible decisions are made for us as children. We can't be raised in a void.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
We can't be raised in a void.
We can avoid making bad decisions as much as possible. Of course all pain is not avoidable. RIC is 100% avoidable. If we get the circumcision restraints and clamps out of the maternity ward, RIC will go down a lot.

I don't like that part of my cultural identity either.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
We can avoid making bad decisions as much as possible. Of course all pain is not avoidable. RIC is 100% avoidable. If we get the circumcision restraints and clamps out of the maternity ward, RIC will go down a lot.

I don't like that part of my cultural identity either.

Being raised in a Judeo-Christian society was no choice of mine. It's irreversible.

No, we just can't run to other countries whenever we want to deprogram ourselves (which is really not possible.

So many damn irreversible decisions made for me as a child. And getting those millions of nerves snitched off gave me a numb dick. I can't even cum right.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
That is patently absurd. Can you name one person who "laments" learning the language of the culture they were raised in, or how this could possibly be a handicap

I didn't mean to put in the word "MANY".

How is one scarred by being able to function in the native tongue of the society in which one lives?

Very easily (cultural identity crisis). And I really don't believe that there are that many men scarred by circumcision.

Not to mention, one can learn a new language or live in another culture entirely if one so chooses
ou can't erase your maternal language from your brain, nor you can erase your culture, no matter where you go. Even if you could, most just can't pick up and move to another country, even if for what would be a failed deprogrammation attempt.

One cannot choose to become uncircumcised. Your analogy is irrelevant to the discussion on so many levels.

No, many,many decisions made for us as children are irreversible. And my analogy is most pertinent.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Let's leave non-therapeutic physical scarring well enough out of the equation. That is always avoidable. Sure we all stub our toes and sometimes hit our heads. But genital injuries from scalpels are nearly always avoidable. Don't support something that is a medical fraud. You don't want to be associated with hurting babies. Even in jest.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Being raised in a Judeo-Christian society was no choice of mine. It's irreversible.

No, we just can't run to other countries whenever we want to deprogram ourselves (which is really not possible.

So many damn irreversible decisions made for me as a child. And getting those millions of nerves snitched off gave me a numb dick. I can't even cum right.

It also was not really a decision your parents made. Please provide a real example of an irreversible decision your parents or other parents actually make that cannot be altered by future decisions. As others have pointed out your examples are not good ones and thus are irrelevant to the point you are trying to make.

There are very few truly irreversible decisions that we make when we raise our children. This is a very significant first irreversible decision that has a major impact on the sexual response of our male children. It should not be the parents right to make this decision regarding this very personal part of the child's body.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are very few truly irreversible decisions that we make when we raise our children.
I get some of Bull's points. First irreversible decision should definitely not be cutting off a part of your kid's cock minutes after birth. There is something twisted about being offended at the normal genitals of infants. It's a sickness.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
It also was not really a decision your parents made. Please provide a real example of an irreversible decision your parents or other parents actually make that cannot be altered by future decisions. As others have pointed out your examples are not good ones and thus are irrelevant to the point you are trying to make.

There are very few truly irreversible decisions that we make when we raise our children. This is a very significant first irreversible decision that has a major impact on the sexual response of our male children. It should not be the parents right to make this decision regarding this very personal part of the child's body.

That is about as silly as a response can get.

Religion, values, homelife, schools we're sent to, adoptions, etc. They all stay forever with us, no matter how we learn to cope with them.

Children who are aborted? Where was there choice to be asked to live? That's a big first decision you made for your child. First, live me live so I don't have to be circumcised.

There are thousands of things are parents do which can't be reversed as adults. Things become engrained in as adults. Sure, we can heal from things or attempt to change things, but they are forever with us.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I get some of Bull's points. First irreversible decision should definitely not be cutting off a part of your kid's cock minutes after birth. There is something twisted about being offended at the normal genitals of infants. It's a sickness.

And I get some of your points, too. I do.

I was loosely circumcised and never had an issue, but I might not circumcise a son if I had one. He can grow up and decide for himself.

Both cock styles are beautiful to me.

Last edited:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
And I get some of your points, too. I do.
Yes. Then don't play devil's advocate. Ignorant people can't internalize and understand. Smart people who can and do not are sometimes responsible for many of society's ills. Because they are in charge and don't care.

You would hope that once an infant is safely out of the womb it would be secure from bodily assault. Especially in a hospital.

There is no such thing as styles of cocks. The cock for you is the one you are born with. All others are diminutions.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
That is about as silly as a response can get.

Religion, values, homelife, schools we're sent to, adoptions, etc. They all stay forever with us, no matter how we learn to cope with them.

Children who are aborted? Where was there choice to be asked to live? That's a big first decision you made for your child. First, live me live so I don't have to be circumcised.

There are thousands of things are parents do which can't be reversed as adults. Things become engrained in as adults. Sure, we can heal from things or attempt to change things, but they are forever with us.

Sorry, but I disagree. Abortion is a totally different topic. Religions can be changed, sure it has an impact on the person but as the child grows he or she can choose to accept or reject the parents religion. They may choose a different religion altogether. Schools can be changed. An English speaking parent may choose a French Immersion school for their child. It is realized it is too much of a struggle, the child falls behind. The child is switched to an English speaking school - perhaps a year behind or maybe not. Nuances of the style of our upbringing are not decisions that parents make.

My answer is not silly and you still have not answered my question. Give me true examples of irreversible decisions parents make for which they can never choose a course of action in which the consequences of that decision cannot be altered by future actions.

Also contributing to the significance of this social issue is the fact that it is a human rights issue. This alone elevates the importance of this decision.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The things that bother me most right now is that the U.S. RIC rate is still more than a million newborns disfigured per year. This is five decades on from my circumcision. Worse, the fraud runs to the highest echelons of our society. Educated ignorant people are the sole perpetrators.

lgej

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

First of all, I'm circumcised as are most males of my age born and raised here in America. I was born in 1948. My father, a first generation Italian, was born at home and was not circumcised. I'm the oldest of nine, but my guess is that my dad was told why I should be circumcised...so "there it went." And, he turned out, as he aged, to be very progressive, very questioning, not at all passive.

I'm not sure it's Judeo-Christian that is the reason. Europe, for the most part, is as J-C as it gets and they don't have the circumcision fetish we've had here. Sure, I'd like to be intact...although my wife swears she thinks it's distasteful (cultural phenomenon that would extinguish itself within a generation of no circumcisions), but I'm not and that's that.

I don't understand the idea of cutting a little baby's penis (except for the obvious religious ones). As a Christian, I don't see anywhere that it has to be part of my religious belief structure. I don't blame my parents...it's society's fault. And, yes, I didn't think twice about giving the go-ahead for my two sons. Perhaps we'll simply become enlightened as this issue progresses and won't have to deal with this in twenty or so years. Or, just as likely, the debate will continue to rage forever.