US Communist Govt is Here - New Ruling

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rikter8, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

3. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fuck Me. What's the A.C.L.U 's stand on this ?

4. dannymawg

Gold Member

Vinyl... cassette... CD... and now Digital Rights Management. In the here/now, this is more about format and the rights of corporations, but I agree that it sets a very ugly precedent.

I think it will simply fall back to some form of allowing the pre-internet record labels to regain control of the formatting/licensing of artists' work.

But what pisses me off as a middle aged musician is that I'm now in a position to create and distribute music via available tech, without expecting anything in return other than that someone out there digs the stuff and I can hear about it. Record labels don't care about content - they care about formatting/packaging/distribution and the resultant profits, which the RIAA lost out on by not keeping up with technology.

RIAA action = the result of the record industries' addiction to growth, and a temper tantrum thrown by a dying industry that might indeed fuck up free speech.

For those who haven't, be sure to hit the "conference call" link in the article Rikter8 posted, and visit Defective By Design's website.

5. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Good luck enforcing that. :yawn:

6. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I'm so moving to Canada...I went there a few times on vacation. Its like a cleaner version of NYC, and more friendly too.

7. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Oh, and by the way:

:rolleyes:

8. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Hmmmm. I wonder what copyright law has to say about early John Schoenherr artwork (originally published as the cover to The Flying Eyes, by J Hunter Holly - a 1962 classic, and no, I don't recommend it) being made into propaganda?

I wouldn't get too excited. Remember when the Unisys/Compuserve fight over the LZW compression patent was going to clear most images off the Internet? That didn't happen either.

Draft saved Draft deleted