US Economic Stimulus package checks

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't get mine until the 16th of May but I spent it when I foundout I was getting it and bought this laptop from tigerdirect.com. Its a Step Pad by Lenova. but I lost my job cuz the place closed and now on UnEmployment. Man is it hard to find a job thats somethign they should work on.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't get mine until the 16th of May but I spent it when I foundout I was getting it and bought this laptop from tigerdirect.com. Its a Step Pad by Lenova. but I lost my job cuz the place closed and now on UnEmployment. Man is it hard to find a job thats somethign they should work on.

Tell me about it! I have temp jobs/projects, but finding a permanent job in my field (with all its various specialties, plus insistance on "expert level" in most technologies) is very difficult!

I will most likely be using my stimulus check to get through the month of June. If I get to work throughout that month, it will go to pay credit card bills.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media

I fully agree with you on that one. I see so many places hiring, and nearly every position I've applied to I've been fully qualified for. And it's not just me, or the people on this site. I see people all the time having the same trouble. Employers have specific job openings, but these people with full qualifications simply aren't getting hired. It doesn't make sense.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You'll be getting $600, like most people.
I thought for single, no dependents, the max was $300...

I would comment on the unemployment issue, but this thread is not supposed to get political.

Back on topic, I'm most likely going to add the $300 to another $700 from savings, and open another certificate of deposit. Low yield, yes, I know, but it's better than my retirement portfolio has done - it's tied in with the stock market, and I have lost big chunks of that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just found this online at IRS.gov. I thought it was a max of $300 per person.

"Many but not all taxpayers qualify for the maximum basic payment of $600 for singles or $1,200 for married couples. Many parents are also receiving an additional $300 for each qualifying child, born after Dec. 31, 1990."

liberalcynic

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is just going to cause a "W" shaped recession. And wait for inflation to bite you in the arse, driven by oil, the weak dollar, credit issues et cetera. You guys are in it for the long haul.
America why do you always have to ruin everthing for the rest of the world?