US Economy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by transformer_99, Apr 4, 2008.

1. transformer_99

Gold Member

Well, every month the report hits the street on the first Friday of every new month:

Excite Money & Investing

80K in lost jobs, 232K for the 1st quarter 2008.

Unemployment Rate has jumped back up from 4.8 to 5.1 % and looks to go as high as 5.75 %. So now, we're back to the recession of 2001 levels. Where I work, several have been downsized.

Inflation doesn't seem to be relenting any either, oil barrel prices keep going up. It's never a good time to be laid off, but right now, seems worse than ever before.

2. snoozan

Gold Member

2001 was pretty bad. I don't know that we've quite reached that level yet-- but most of my friends and I worked in the tech sector, so it was especially bad for us. Of course, I'm also trying to sell a house right now, so in that respect it's pretty bad anyway.

3. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Try 1981... interest rates on home mortgages at 17% !...

Time to get the republicans out of power... because all their talk of smaller government and fiscal responsibility aside... all they have done is to transfer public money into the hands of a thousand cronies.

12 years of republican dominance has done nothing but damage to the US economy and reputation.

4. Knockernail

Knockernail Member

Hey! Stop playing with the worldwide economy. We all are starting to feel your current weakness.

:redface:

Draft saved Draft deleted