Us government scrubs breast cancer info from web site

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...CPEDIT_TEMP2&uac=220046FK&impID=1627592&faf=1

Once seven pages of info, the page is now rudimentary.

From the linked article:
While there is still a single page with rudimentary information on mammograms and breast cancer, most of the seven-page content was taken down.

The WomensHealth.gov site is well-trafficked, being visited approximately 700,000 times a month, according to a report.

Critics of the action emphasize that information for low-income women and other vulnerable populations was among the removed content and that its removal appears to reflect a broader agenda from the current administration.

For example, under the auspices of the Affordable Care Act, breast cancer screening is offered free of charge for women meeting certain financial criteria, but that information has been deleted from WomensHealth.gov. Now, the information must be accessed on the site via a link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, which, in turn, requires a click through to yet another link.

Also, the "Government in Action" section of WomensHealth.gov previously contained information on federal programs that provide free or low-cost cancer screening, including clinical breast exams and mammograms. Known as the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, the entity offers screening to all "low-income, uninsured, and underinsured women." That entire section of the site is now removed.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just saw this thread. I wanna be shocked by the actions of this administration... the best I can muster is fury. Motivation to bring down the assholes.
I know you’re going to vote. I hope everybody does. I am just choked for the women of the US. Seriously.

I need a cookie.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Im not only voting, this year I'll be volunteering for the local push to vote gang. Registering, making sure folks know about early voting/absentee ballots.

I can't take another 2016 election night.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Im not only voting, this year I'll be volunteering for the local push to vote gang. Registering, making sure folks know about early voting/absentee ballots.

I can't take another 2016 election night.
I don’t even live there and I can’t take another 2016 vote!

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get that the current administration is squeamish about sexual stuff (which is ridiculous in and of itself) - but breast cancer has nothing to do with anything sexual. Are they obscuring information about testicular cancer too? Or is this just a "lady parts make me uncomfortable" thing?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I get that the current administration is squeamish about sexual stuff (which is ridiculous in and of itself) - but breast cancer has nothing to do with anything sexual. Are they obscuring information about testicular cancer too? Or is this just a "lady parts make me uncomfortable" thing?
It's a we don't want poor people living push. (Or rather, we don't want to pay for poor people to live)
Much of the info was on early detection, and procedures the lower income folks, like me, can get.