US legal drinking age.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uh... How does one join the US military before the age of 18?
As I recall, the current minimum age is 17 with parent/guardian approval. Many years ago the mininum was 16 but that was long before the drinking laws were changed.

And I agree with those who think it's nuts that a 17-20 y.o. can go oversees and legally kill people but they can't buy a drink in their hometown.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
And what is your defence exactly?

That from my own personal experience American brew is poor quality compared to other countries.

Where's Italy? Russia?

Italy does have some fine wine but I personally don't drink much of it to make an assumption. And Russia's vodka will knock you on your arse :biggrin1:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That from my own personal experience American brew is poor quality compared to other countries.

I can empathize Frizzle. As a child who grew up in the land of Anheuser-Busch, I had an extreme hatred of american brews. However with the rise of microbrews in the US, there are some really good artisan beers coming out that even rival some of the higher end Belgian brews.

Have you had any American Microbrews? Out of curiosity, what is your beer/ale of choice?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll still back up my defence and say American's don't have any fine alcohol compared to France, Poland, Belgium, Australia etc...
:tongue::biggrin1::cool: I may be incorrect in assuming you have sampled all American liquors, wines; and brews but I doubt it. Until you try some of our exemplary microbrews, wines and other libations your statement is unfounded and silly. The 1996-1998 Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay was impeccable and could have stood proudly on any european table. I wish I had purchased a case or two when they were still readily available.:rolleyes:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll still back up my defence and say American's don't have any fine alcohol compared to France, Poland, Belgium, Australia etc..

Curious that the US wine industry is doing such an booming export business, it has resulted in problems of overproduction and lack of market for French wine.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I can empathize Frizzle. As a child who grew up in the land of Anheuser-Busch, I had an extreme hatred of american brews. However with the rise of microbrews in the US, there are some really good artisan beers coming out that even rival some of the higher end Belgian brews.

Have you had any American Microbrews? Out of curiosity, what is your beer/ale of choice?

I tried something along the lines of Duck-Dog or something amusing like that but I'm not an ale man I prefer Corona, Tiger or Sol beer. Although I'm starting to turn to more spirits such as Barcadi and Coke.

:tongue::biggrin1::cool: I may be incorrect in assuming you have sampled all American liquors, wines; and brews but I doubt it. Until you try some of our exemplary microbrews, wines and other libations your statement is unfounded and silly. The 1996-1998 Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay was impeccable and could have stood proudly on any european table. I wish I had purchased a case or two when they were still readily available.:rolleyes:

We can't all be middle-class enough to drink anything with the word Chardonnay in it, I'm pretty sure I'd get a wierd glance or two for ordering that down the pub. :tongue:

Curious that the US wine industry is doing such an booming export business, it has resulted in problems of overproduction and lack of market for French wine.

Quantity not quality my dear friend. The Beatles have sold millions of albums and yet I find their music appalling.