US Supreme Court: Conference Scheduled for Dec 5th = Obama’s Citizenship

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was someone like Bush with these problems, McCain. McCain's eligibility to be president was called into question too and was resolved by a senate measure. There was no march, no burning cars. Obama has already been qualified to be POTUS. Deal with it.

Oh jeez, i could very well deal with an Obama presidency. What i think scared everyone was the idea he'd be too far left (but im sure hes saving that for later) because he has no history on which to judge. I dont blame people for being scared, not because of his race, but hes never run anything.
I can totally deal with it. But his citizenship seems to be in question (seems)

if any laws have been changed to enable mccain to run, (US Code: Title 8, Section 1403. adopted 2007 is it? feel free to pounce if i get something wrong) then by law he can. but that doesnt mean BO can skate by, unless there is a similar motion made on his behalf, which would mean he wasnt eligible uin the first place.

thats ritght. i left in bein spelled "uin" deal with it.

Last edited:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There have been as far as we know four threads relating to the subject here and two put on the boards by the OP. The continued posting of the same rhetoric is now in the realm of flooding the boards and spamming. If the members posting here can not share their thoughts with out name calling, slurs and insults; this thread and those posting contrary to the TOS of LPSG will be readdressed on an individual basis.
Thank you for your consideration of LPSG and our members.
NY

Teh banhammer commeth!

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what about all those repetitive "my son saw my weiner" threads, or "am I gay if i just performed fellatio" threads.....just wondering....

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well... you can't fault 1Bigg1 for trying. He has always been civil and has never called me anything ugly... as a liberal, I need him around so that I can take the high road... without him, I am just taking the road, neither high nor low.

I wouldn't call him obsessed either... just er, um... driven.

Argue 1Bigg1 on the issues, don't bully up on him and call him names and say shit about his grammar and typing which aren't too bad.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BiGG, I have a question: Since you keep arguing this, ad nauseum, what is your goal? What is your dream?

Are you simply trying to prove a point, to open the eyes of us unenlightened lpsgers? To make us see the error of our ways and regret our misguided votes? Ah, what sweet victory that would be! Also, like pissing in the wind, but, whatever.

Or, are you just biding your time, and putting yourself out there so that when the US Supreme Court finally realizes how right you've always been--all along, I might add--and declares Barack's election to be invalid and in violation of the Constitution and removes him as president, you can crow and shout it to the treetops and force us to bow before you and publicly eat our words. WHICH, I state here and now, I WILL DO?

I mean, seriously, argue against his policies or something if you want to chew your cud, but what's with this ridiculous obsession?

Just wondering.

Oh, I thought you were being facetious, but since you clarified with “wasn't being quite as facetious as you might think” I will answer a lesser degree lol

I actually already answered it when I said “you guys sit here moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of but the facts are, the United States Supreme Court justices, all nine of them are gonna look into Obama’s eligibility”

I don’t see why the left here cannot discuss an issue in a sane manner but I keep trying! The last time around the left attacked the issue as baseless and every other dodge they could think of even though very-valid points were made. Now the U.S. Supreme Court is gonna take a look so apparently this issue isn’t as baseless as those quickly writing it off were claiming, yet 99% of the fodder here is the same old ”moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of.”

Maybe you can coach the left on trying something new next time like actually discussing the topic as only a few hold that ability and even then, its pretty much 99% ”moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of” mixed in with little relevant content.

P.S. I’m certain I asked you this before but if I am mistaken, I have asked this repeatedly so how about you answer = have you ever once asked this type of question to the left here when many do the same and even much more then I do? Ever?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I thought you were being facetious, but since you clarified with “wasn't being quite as facetious as you might think” I will answer a lesser degree lol

I actually already answered it when I said “you guys sit here moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of but the facts are, the United States Supreme Court justices, all nine of them are gonna look into Obama’s eligibility”

I don’t see why the left here cannot discuss an issue in a sane manner but I keep trying! The last time around the left attacked the issue as baseless and every other dodge they could think of even though very-valid points were made. Now the U.S. Supreme Court is gonna take a look so apparently this issue isn’t as baseless as those quickly writing it off were claiming, yet 99% of the fodder here is the same old ”moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of.”

Maybe you can coach the left on trying something new next time like actually discussing the topic as only a few hold that ability and even then, its pretty much 99% ”moaning, bitching, crying, screaming, denying, calling names, diverting, making things up and everything else you can think of” mixed in with little relevant content.

P.S. I’m certain I asked you this before but if I am mistaken, I have asked this repeatedly so how about you answer = have you ever once asked this type of question to the left here when many do the same and even much more then I do? Ever?

I'm with ya man... the subject of his birth certificate is a truly interesting one. I don't agree with you, but you have every right to bring it up in the calm and civil manner with which you do so. I log on to see what you have typed recently... you draw me to lpsg. Keep up the good right wing work, we need you bro.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The OP failed to mention that not only has the person trying to bring this to court, Leo Donofrio, tried filing this in a court in New Jersey and failed, but he also presented it to the United States Supreme Court before Judge Davis Souter on November 3rd and failed again. This is the third time he's trying this.

But the biggest twist of them all... he's trying to bring similar charges against John McCain. :rolleyes:
US Supreme Court to Conference on Obama's Presidential Eligibility, page 1

Clearly this isn't a maneuver just singling out Obama. However, from the OP two threads on the matter you'd never figure that out. I mean, what are the chances of America having not one, but BOTH presidential candidates from both parties be ineligible? There's just some levels of incompetence that even I wouldn't think is possible with our government. Not knowing who or what an American looks like is one of them. Hell, considering how adamant some are with getting rid of illegal aliens you can bet that if there was real room for concern there would have been some made before this.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am not making this up, the state of Hawaii does not have special powers granting U.S. citizenship to anyone born to parents that were legal residents of Hawaii. They do however have the ability to grant a Hawaii birth certificate to anyone born in the U.S. whose parents were legal residents of Hawaii.

Besides... Statute 338-17.8 was added in 1982.

I don’t care what anybody has too say about Alan Keyes but he is a Harvard PhD in government affairs who wrote is dissertation on constitutional theory and his lawsuit was filed by the United States Justice Foundation …

United States Justice Foundation :: Your Conservative Voice in the Courts

… and their petition states a person born in a foreign country can use Hawaii’s law to obtain a certificate of birth so I believe them until somebody shows me otherwise.

Besides the Hawaiian thingy there still that pesky Indonesian/Pakistan issue also which I find astounding isn’t making front page news right now.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Really? All I did is ask you, if you believe this so strongly and it would seem to be such an important issue, why aren't you making a personal crusade about this to the news agencies which are ignoring the story? You have the knowledge, the evidence and the passion--why aren't you taking this beyond lpsg? Unless you feel this is the best forum and method to bring such vital information to light?

Who’s saying I’m not and I’m not the only one out there asking why Obama is hiding behind lawyers instead of simply proving he is natural-born/did not relinquish his citizenship if he was natural born.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bush has bigger problems, impeachable issues, and yet he's been given a pass. Don't kid yourself.

You are the one kidding yourself, if there was anything the Dems could nail Bush on it would have been done long ago. I think that’s part of the reason the left is so upset with him in that he and Dick were too slick to get nailed.

Media
Don't you think if someone is running for POTUS that they have to prove eligibility? When you go to get your driver's license, you have to show you are eligible, just as you do when you register to vote or apply for a passport. Don't you think state election officials would be slightly more vigilant when registering a candidate for President? Or all 50 that incompetent and just let anyone off the street sign up to run for office?

To be eligible for president, you don't have to be born in the US, just born a citizen. The Constitution doesn't say what qualifies someone to be "born a citizen," but federal laws and Supreme Court cases do. There are complicated cases, mainly dealing with when the parents were US citizens but had never lived in the US, and sometimes the children don't necessarily get automatic citizenship. But the common cases are easy.

• Anyone born in the US is born a citizen
  • If at least one parent (who had lived most of his life in the US) is an American when the child is born then the child is born a citizen.
Citizenship issues can be tricky, but it is kind of hard to lose your US citizenship unless you really, really want to.

• If a US citizen becomes a naturalized citizen of another country, even taking a oath of allegiance to a foreign state or monarch, but without the intent of losing his US citizenship, he remains a US citizen. Having a passport from a country that doesn't recognize dual citizenship is kind of meaningless in this discussion. The US doesn't decide who qualifies as a US citizen based on other countries' laws.
  • Serving in a foreign army, as long as it is not fighting against the US, doesn't cause loss of US citizenship.
  • Serving in a foreign government, unless at the policy-making level, doesn't cause the loss of US citizenship.
It's easy to confirm the above claims by checking the US Department of State. Google is your friend.

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
England and Wales have had a legal requirement to register births since 1st July 1837. Other parts of the UK have comparable systems. This is the GRO system (General Register Office).

The system before this date was that a christening was the legal proof of place of birth and parentage. Even when parents were not members of a church it was common for parents to register a child's birth through a church - for example many Jews registered children's births in this way. I'm pretty sure the legality of a christening record as proof of place of birth and parentage still exists and was not taken away by introduction of the GRO. As it is far more convenient to use a birth certificate it would be unusual for someone today to submit a christening record instead, but I'm pretty sure this is possible. It may be appropriate for example when parents failed to register the birth through the GRO.

Obama is from a Christian background and was presumably christened. Does anyone have information on this? I've no idea what the legal status of a christening registration might be in the USA, but it would be interesting. If his christening says "born in this parish of X, Hawaii" that would be pretty convincing. In Britain such records are publicly available.

If by chance he was born in Kenya it would be reasonable to expect him to be christened there. Such a record is likely to be findable - I'm guessing that Kenya uses systems derived from its British colonial heritage.

I have never seen anything on this but he was listed as a Muslim and Indonesian citizen when he was in school.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are the one kidding yourself, if there was anything the Dems could nail Bush on it would have been done long ago. I think that’s part of the reason the left is so upset with him in that he and Dick were too slick to get nailed.

Not enough votes in the Senate, smart one. The Dems didn't have enough voting capital until this year's election. Since Adolph Bush will be out of office once the new congress convenes, the point is mute. Stick your head back in the sand.

Lying to the American public repeatedly about national security concerns to embolden the case for war amounts to high crimes and misdemeanors. Allowing the collapse of our financial markets while telling America in the same breath that, "The economy is strong" has further placed our national security at risk. This president makes Nixon look like a Saint and history will record his legacy in exactly that light.

America's ruin and the blood of our national treasure on his hands, lay at his feet.

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Besides the Hawaiian thingy there still that pesky Indonesian/Pakistan issue also which I find astounding isn’t making front page news right now.

Because Philip Berg's tales of Obama were found to be fictitious. Thus those persons still attempting to lend credence to Berg's falsehoods won't be taken seriously.

Judge rejects Montco lawyer's bid to have Obama removed from ballot | Philadelphia Daily News | 10/25/2008

Judge rejects lawyer's bid to have Obama removed from ballot

Judge R. Barclay Surrick found Philip Berg's claims to be "ridiculous" and "patently false."

State Department of Health declares Obama birth certificate legal - Breaking - Starbulletin.com
State Department of Health declares Obama birth certificate legal

Oct 31, 2008

State officials say there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently from any other.
She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it.
Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the United States.
Earlier today, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama’s U.S. citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.

State officials say there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

Last edited: