US Tax Dollars Hard At Work

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And here I thought this useless shit waste of tax dollars by politicians was beholden to San Francisco...

Florida pardons Jim Morrison on indecency charges

Don't you ppl have a funkin' job to do regarding 2010? How much time/payroll did this cost Floridians?

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What purpose does this really serve? The man has been dead for what, going on 40 years?

Just more wasted time and money, I'm sure there are more important issues at hand than this garbage.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love it how some people would make something like this, which is so minor and painless and only really done for civil PR, would propagate it to make it seem as if some massive amount of money has been spent in order to do it. Some people really have no idea just how their federal tax dollars actually work, never mind how this incident was a state issued one and wouldn't even affect the precious tax dollars from the OP or any other complainer in this thread that don't live in Florida. And again, the actual amount to do such a thing is so insignificant, even if you were refunded your tax dollars back you couldn't even supersize a value meal at McDonald's.

YAWN! :rolleyes:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And here I thought this useless shit waste of tax dollars by politicians was beholden to San Francisco...

Don't you ppl have a funkin' job to do regarding 2010? How much time/payroll did this cost Floridians?
I bet that the media and politicians to spend 10x as much complaining about it, as it actually cost to do it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's sort of like the day FOX not fair and balanced News criticized Obama recently showing up at a world summit in Europe riding in the back seat of a billion ton Cadillac limousine (provided by GM originally for George W.) noting how "un green" he was being when all of his contemporaries were squired to the same event in autos requiring much less petrol. Yeah, right.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's sort of like the day FOX not fair and balanced News criticized Obama recently showing up at a world summit in Europe riding in the back seat of a billion ton Cadillac limousine (provided by GM originally for George W.) noting how "un green" he was being when all of his contemporaries were squired to the same event in autos requiring much less petrol. Yeah, right.

Yet imagine the outcry if he'd scrapped all of GW Bush's limo-tanks in favor of something more efficient! "King Obama Too Good For Presidential Limo!"

And since when has FNC gone green? Last I knew, Climate Change was a liberal/commie plot to cripple American business interests :rolleyes:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love it how some people would make something like this, which is so minor and painless and only really done for civil PR, would propagate it to make it seem as if some massive amount of money has been spent in order to do it. Some people really have no idea just how their federal tax dollars actually work, never mind how this incident was a state issued one and wouldn't even affect the precious tax dollars from the OP or any other complainer in this thread that don't live in Florida. And again, the actual amount to do such a thing is so insignificant, even if you were refunded your tax dollars back you couldn't even supersize a value meal at McDonald's.

YAWN! :rolleyes:

VB, if you take all of these "minor and painless" things and add them up you'd probably be surprised at how much it comes to over time. You know the old saying "pennies make dollars". Sure this may not have cost much, but really why was the time & money even wasted on this? Who really gives a shit whether or not a drug addict lead singer may or may not have stood on stage and shook his dick at the crowd back in 1969. I know the only reason this was probably brought up is on count of the shitty state our economy is in, if things were better it probably wouldn't have been given a second thought but does that make it right to waste time and money on this kind of stuff? I do think there are more important issues to be dealing with.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
VB, if you take all of these "minor and painless" things and add them up you'd probably be surprised at how much it comes to over time. You know the old saying "pennies make dollars". Sure this may not have cost much, but really why was the time & money even wasted on this? Who really gives a shit whether or not a drug addict lead singer may or may not have stood on stage and shook his dick at the crowd back in 1969. I know the only reason this was probably brought up is on count of the shitty state our economy is in, if things were better it probably wouldn't have been given a second thought but does that make it right to waste time and money on this kind of stuff? I do think there are more important issues to be dealing with.

Yeah... so going with that reasoning we would need about a few hundred thousand more drug addicts from a rock band to show their dicks on stage before it becomes a real financial concern for Floridian taxpayers. Do drunken go-go dancers and the occasional boob slip from Jersey Shore wannabes count as well?

I agree that there are more important issues to be dealing with. But something like this only took a few moments and didn't eat into anyone's finances so much that it needed a thread of obvious phony outrage. Good for a few chuckles, even better for a state to show that they're growing and becoming less antsy about the silly antics of celebrities. But nothing more and nothing less. Even in regular news cycles, this was mentioned once and then dropped. Perhaps we should take that as a clue?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Meaningless legislation made to distract you from the stuff that really is fucking you over as a taxpayer. Looks like it worked on Faceking.

This is the Playbook and the legacy of the US Republican Party, latter half of the 20th century onwards.

Truly mal.

Truly. Mal.

t1ctac

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
VB, if you take all of these "minor and painless" things and add them up you'd probably be surprised at how much it comes to over time. You know the old saying "pennies make dollars". Sure this may not have cost much, but really why was the time & money even wasted on this? Who really gives a shit whether or not a drug addict lead singer may or may not have stood on stage and shook his dick at the crowd back in 1969.
Some judge probably sat down for 5 minutes with an ADA, more money was spent by new channels covering the story than it (should have) took. Note the should, governments on any scale are woefully inefficient. Honestly? I'm more worried about the government grants for studies into the sexuality of goats, or to figure out why prisoners want to escape prison.

This is just a feel good freebie. Not a PR stunt (as said before) so much as just politics, the hidden and unmentioned "attaboys" help more than smear campaigns hurt in many cases. "Oh look, he really cares" or somesuch.

Yet imagine the outcry if he'd scrapped all of GW And since when has FNC gone green? Last I knew, Climate Change was a liberal/commie plot to cripple American business interests :rolleyes:
If for nothing else than to point out hypocrisy, real or imagined.

Who_Dun_It

Just Browsing
Media

I though something had been said about Morrison's arrest and and the following charges might have been BS to begin with.

joe bltsflk

Experimental Member
Media
People who complain about government inefficiency should remember that the government saved General Motors (and Chrysler, years ago) from its inability to manage its own affairs. Where did Hudson, Packard and dozens of (non-governmental) automobile manufacturers go? Out of business. Government and business have one thing in common: they're run by people. Watch The Simpsons and see how Mr. Burns operates the nuclear powerplant.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People who complain about government inefficiency should remember that the government saved General Motors (and Chrysler, years ago) from its inability to manage its own affairs. Where did Hudson, Packard and dozens of (non-governmental) automobile manufacturers go? Out of business. Government and business have one thing in common: they're run by people. Watch The Simpsons and see how Mr. Burns operates the nuclear powerplant.

Ok, how about the government spends money inefficiently? That's a hard one to argue...

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How about we get to the crux of the issue and stop with the ideological BS...

NOBODY treats other peoples' money as if it was their own money.

We are at the crux of the issue dipshit. Inefficient appropriation of tax dollars is an enormous problem in the US. In fact, it's the topic of this thread...