USA Homeland Security Card

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
TIA's pretty nasty. What's bad is, the cops, the FBI, and the military all HATE TIA because it gives them TMI. So here they're spammed with all this useless information having to sort through datum by datum..

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, while bush is pressing forward on a war that benefits his families' personal investments with the Carlyle Group, China and Japan along with several other nations are buy up our bonds and bearing the burden of our irresponsible spending. Why? http://www.time.com/time/asia/magazine/art...-655458,00.html

I think we can rest assured that the position this will leave us in as a world power will be greatly dimished when the dust cloud settles. http://www.house.gov/tanner/press108-101.htm

Sure, we can go on worrying about "Homeland security", abortion, gays, and all the trivial things the bush administration wants us to worry about, but while they are personally making a ton of money on this war, they are selling our futures off to foreign investors and we will be paying the price for years to come. China and Japan will be able to use our debts in trade negotiations with other world leaders to our disadvantage and there won't be a thing we can do about it.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, well, they'll get it back with interest. But in the meantime, the dollar will be worse than the yen.

It's supply-side economics. Borrow your way out of debt. Start wars to prevent wars. Fuck for virginity.

ravenously: Does this have a distinctive Orwellian flavor, or is it just me?

Well fuck those bastards I won't do it, they can all come get me Waco style if they want.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by db03@May 7 2005, 03:08 PM
Ya i remember getting fingerprinted...its kinda insulting but I think in today's world its a necessary evil.

The guy that did it was really rude too...
[post=308891]Quoted post[/post]​
Dude, you do realise more people die of murder, or car accident, or by...animals, than by terror incidents?

The second people start allowing their freedoms to be stepped on, you might as well be dead.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Don't forget obesity and heart attacks. Top killers of all. But the media won't cover those, corporate sponsorship and all.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by ORCABOMBER@May 16 2005, 11:21 AM
JonB, the flesh of your fattest would feed the population of India!
[post=311736]Quoted post[/post]​
My fattest? Err . . . You do realize most people on Cheyenne River are extremely malnourished.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thankfully, most India(n)s are vegetarian, so they won't be eating merkins anytime soon. Wait, we could send them some bushies- most of them are vegetables.

ravenously:
Originally posted by madame_zora@May 16 2005, 02:49 AM
Necessary evil, my hairy brown ass! I won't do it either.

Ravenously, save me a spot in your Waco style barricade!
[post=311558]Quoted post[/post]​
No prob Jana, you already have a spot waiting in the inner sanctum. ( thats where the best seats{and guns} are :evilgrin: ).

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
India(n). Fairly clever. Important difference: If you lived on a reservation and said you were a vegetarian, people would stare at you. (There's this k00k on alt.native who's always worth a laugh when he tries to claim siderosis from INGESTING -- as opposed to inhaling, which is how you normally get siderosis -- iron, causes diabetes.)

Urbandictionary lists "indian of the feather" and "indian of the dot".

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by ravenously+May 17 2005, 06:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ravenously &#064; May 17 2005, 06:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@May 16 2005, 02:49 AM
Necessary evil, my hairy brown ass&#33; I won&#39;t do it either.

Ravenously, save me a spot in your Waco style barricade&#33;
[post=311558]Quoted post[/post]​
No prob Jana, you already have a spot waiting in the inner sanctum. ( thats where the best seats{and guns} are :evilgrin: ).
[post=312206]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t forget the whip&#33;
We might as well have one last big orgy before we go up in flames.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So many good posts on this topic. Those of you who have basically said, "no big deal, that information is already out there" should consider this: yes, the info is already out there. But for now, at least for the most part, it is not consolidated. Those of you old enough to remember, think of doing research papers before the internet. You had to go to one library, find the reference book, copy the stuff by hand (they didn&#39;t let you check out the reference volumes), then go to another library to see if they had another reference you couldn&#39;t find at the first library. Then you had to go through, assemble the information, footnote the credits, etc. etc. etc. Then you typed it out on your newfangled IBM Selectric. Now, with the internet, you do a google search, select 10 or 20 of the tens of thousands of hits, save the pages, cut & paste into Word, index a few keywords, and click "print."

As for the reference to the blue-eyed, blonde-haired lady who ended up on the "watchlist," funny thing that... those watchlists are created by an archaic technology called "soundex." Do a google search on that one sometime. The technology by itself is not that frightening, but the way that the results generated by Soundex are put to use is just mind-boggling.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, the drivers license with smartcard technology linked to national ID databases should terrify every red-blooded patriotic American. Any one situation where your ID is currently requested would be linked to every other situation. I certainly do not want my library reading choices or my Wal-Mart purchases to affect my auto insurance or my ability to board an airplane. Oh, and your voting record would probably also be tied in there. Careful, you could become an "enemy combatant" without realizing it. Then they can lock you away indefinitely, without any charges, without counsel, and without notifying anyone. With the Patriot Act in place, Amendments IV, V, and VI are about as useful as the little curlicues & serifs adorning the letters of the original Constitution - they look good, but do absolutely nothing.

major_7

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@May 20 2005, 12:52 PM
Careful, you could become an "enemy combatant" without realizing it. Then they can lock you away indefinitely, without any charges, without counsel, and without notifying anyone.
[post=313124]Quoted post[/post]​

and then take pictures of us in our underware and post it for the whole world to see.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@May 20 2005, 10:52 AM
I certainly do not want my library reading choices or my Wal-Mart purchases to affect my.....
[post=313124]Quoted post[/post]​

Wal-Mart????? You shop at Wal-Mart?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;
STOP FEEDING THE BEAST&#33; :evilgrin: