USA Serious Announcement - Feb 26

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Starbucks will close all USA stores at 5:30 p.m. for three hours to retrain employees. :17:

Simultaneously, Dunkin Donuts reminded everyone that it would be open during that period of time.! :arms:

bimmli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Not a starbucks fan either. Overated coffee for those who don't know what a good cup of coffee tastes like. However, their espresso and cappucino are good. Their cappufrappamochacino's are poison. Filled with calories, and no nutritional value.

I've heard they have more calories than a big mac.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Starbucks will close all USA stores at 5:30 p.m. for three hours to retrain employees. :17:

Simultaneously, Dunkin Donuts reminded everyone that it would be open during that period of time.! :arms:

Saw that on the news last night, it made me chuckle. Since I live in podunk Georgia. it doesn't affect me as the nearest Starbuck's is about 30 miles away in Alabama.

Starfucks is disgusting. They burn the hell out of their beans.
Ahhh, so thats why their coffee is always so bitter tasting. :tongue:

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Almost makes me wonder if they are just trying to make it unavailable to boost sales...people want what they can't have. I even fall victim to it :) For some crazy reason I always feel compelled to go grocery shopping before the stores close for the holidays even though I usually don't need anything. I would think that 5:30PM (when most are on their evening commute and feeling sluggish) is a strange time to retrain employees...why not close an hour early for a couple nights? Also, why announce it on the news?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to dress up like a zombie, bang on their doors and yell, "COFFFFFEEEEE....COFFFEEEEEEE.....COFFFFFFEEEE" for the whole three hours. :)

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Holy Cow

Coffee break for Starbucks' 135,000 baristas - Feb. 26, 2008

they really are closing the stores.... desperate times, desperate measures! Let's hope they go to small, medium, large instead of whatever the hell names they have for them.

Ohhh and:
Dunkin' Donuts - "to ensure that no coffee lover is denied a delicious espresso-based beverage" - announced that it will offer small lattes, cappuccinos or espresso drinks for a promotional price of 99 cents on Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.