Use A Condom

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was wondering if anybody heard about the report where they found that 1 in 4 teenage girls aged 14 to 19 has an STI or STD. Thats a very scary thought. That being said I'd never do it raw unless i was in a monogamous sexual relationship where both me and my partner were clean and knew each others status.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Naked Wally, keep slogging on with this topic. I'm (figuratively) behind you.

However, I don't live in the United States of 'Mericuh. Haven't for 12 years. Interestingly, the two countries where I live most of the time have government-sponsored condom programs. They are available -- for free -- in almost all of the bars, boliches, nightclubs, discos, saunas, baths, swingers clubs, basically anyplace the incidence of a sexual encounter is abnormally high. I don't see this type of forward thinking happening anytime soon in the good ol' US of the A's. In fact, there are many places where having condoms openly available and free (because, horror, someone under 18 might get the wrong idea) is illegal.

It's a tough fight. But condoms are definitely one tool that does help lower the risk of transmitting all STDS including HIV.

Good luck with staying ahead of the health curve and getting the most out of life. And don't end up in jail because some evangelical in Florida thinks you've corrupted the youth of that humid sticky State by making condoms free and readily available.

Good luck with that.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never use a condom because it completely destroys the sensation for me. But I don't sleep around. My gf and I are monogamous and clean.
I wish we had statistics of men and women who contracted STDs who thought that they were in monogamous relationships and thought that since they tested clean at one point in time, they never needed to use condoms again. Many a life-changing account starts in just that manner.

Condoms are not entirely safe and advocating the use of condoms might promote promiscuous and dangerous sexual behavior. A false feeling of safety.

Being informed does not equate to being promiscuous. People who advocate condom use never say that they are 100% safe. When I taught sex ed to middle school special needs students, we learned about all options, including the option of abstinence. Information and knowledge is power.

ChockoKittie said:
Knowing your options and how to be safer does not make you promiscuous, just informed.

Nothing related to sex is 100% guaranteed safe in the prevention of an STI.
Indeed, believing you are in a monogamous relationship can also give a false feeling of safety. Just ask the many married people who have acquired an STI or found to be HIV+ while in a long term, monogamous, to their knowledge, relationship.

Taking all available precautions (condoms, frequent testing, knowing your and your partner's status, and open communication) to protect your sexual well-being, your reproductive health, your partner's health, and ultimately, your life, is a responsible and humanistic action - that is not mythical or stupid.

Well said!

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
one lady I know had sex with alot men but not me she told the men she was on the pill so men wont wear a condom so she can have a baby to make more welfare money :( she has 5 kids now and so guy in the army was feeling sorry for her and married her

she had sex with 6 men one day and none had wear condoms

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You may not love your life but, what about your partner's life and their partners and their partners etc. etc. Ive seen alot of statistic's especially on here :confused: It seems I read somewhere that when you sleep with someone w/o a condom it's like sleeping with 250 people, someone correct me if im wrong.

wrapping a cock or my cock in plasic wrap never turned me on. sorry.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This advice about condoms, although obvious, is totally useless to me as even Magnum XL are far too tight to even get over the head of my dick.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This advice about condoms, although obvious, is totally useless to me as even Magnum XL are far too tight to even get over the head of my dick.

There is a solution to everything you know, a scientist in Germany invented whats known as "condom in a can" or "spray on condom" . You just spray it onto the erect penis wait a few seconds for it to dry and wala instant condom. Another type of spray on condom is available in China.
The Spray-On Condom

Kondom-Berater.de - Virtuelle Kondom-Beratung - Kondome Bestellen - Kondom Infos

Chinese float liquid condom concept | The Register

I am a bit skeptical about this whole spray condom concept but I like the idea it is perfect for those men who have very small penises or very large penises.

Good thread. I've been wondering for while why there wasn't a thread like this - at least in the healthy penis section.

Too many ppl underestimate the dangers, imo - so good idea for a reminder, especially on a sex site. Not saying ppl need to be panicky, but it's important to be sensible.

Good ol' Wally. ;)

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
I am by no means perfect. We all slip up here and there. But, honestly, I can't believe we are STILL having this same old tired conversation about the importance of using condoms to control the spread of STDs. I can't believe I am reading such flippant remarks as "sorry, not for me" and "nothing is really safe." Getting up and living everyday isn't necessarily 100% safe. That doesn't keep us from getting out of bed, taking showers, and going to work everyday...facing a number of possibly horrible ends. And to those who still it's just "not a turn-on" or "not for them," piss off. That is not only horribly selfish behavior, it's immoral, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not having enough respect for YOURSELF, let alone other people.

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Dude I'm so glad you posted this shit, I wanted to do something similar because a lot of people are naive about these things and only think it happens to dirty people. While it may be a known thing, if one person at least learns something then it was well worth it.

Applaud for you sir.

And those who say "it's not for me" are selfish. How does anyone expect to control the rapid spread of STI's when people think like that? You may think or assume the people you sleep with are clean, but people LIE. and probably think the same way you do.

Last edited:

abarcz1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for this thread. We all need to be reminded every once in a while. I for one am proud of my perfect record when it comes to this. Condoms are not perfect but are VERY effective when used properly. Lets be real, people are going to have sex regardless of what anyone tells them. Telling them to use a condom is going to REDUCE the overall risk. PERIOD.

D

deleted424046

Remember kids,safe sex is the best sex!!!!!!!!

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good thread. I've been wondering for while why there wasn't a thread like this - at least in the healthy penis section.

Too many ppl underestimate the dangers, imo - so good idea for a reminder, especially on a sex site. Not saying ppl need to be panicky, but it's important to be sensible.

Good ol' Wally. ;)
I shall NOT have unprotected sex with u!!!!
No, i don`t want your babies!!!!:biggrin1:

orgelman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have a Body Shoppe video where two military guys are having sex with a girl. The two guys keep saying the reason they can't stay hard is because 'they never use condoms.'

The girl says: "that's why your wearing one NOW."

Great response to ignorance!

pompey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a question about condoms...

in gay sex, if you're dating someone for a few months, is it okay to have condomless sex?