Using Journal to Explore Sexuality

Collegestudent54

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So, a good friend and I were talking the other day about uncomplicating the matter of sexual attraction, and the matter of straight versus bi versus gay, and one thing she reccomended to me to try was journaling... On hearing journaling, i immediately thought it sounded lame/stupid, and didn't really think anything about it. A week passed or so. After thinking things over, observations, thoughts, ideas that i had about myself or about how other people interacted kept bombarding my thoughts, so I decided to give the journal a try, and record down my thoughts, feelings, observations. I realized afterward that journaling really helped me to realize subconcious things that I'd never really thought over before (especially since I'm on the quest for figurin out my sexual preference), organize my thoughts into a specific order, which touched off other thoughts and ideas that I could go into and elaborate on. It's a way of stepping back and taking stock of where you've come from, and especially where you intend to go. Anybody have any similar experiences..? -CS

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Journaling is a great way looking at yourself in the third person. Writing is good for all areas of your life. Your journal is your playground. In a way, a journal can be your greatest friend and reveal deeper things within yourself and about others. Just keep it safe from prying eyes. Hehehe

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Journalling is wonderful. Gives you a perfectly private space to air out and think about anything you want without censure. I've found that writing things down helps me mull over and look at them in a different way, or sometimes I'll just kinda write where my thoughts take me and let the course flow how it well. It's good for you, it's fun, and it keeps you feeling a little better controlled if you've got a lot of stuff eating at you.