Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I‘m using an iPad. When I enter most video conferencing systems the default is the front cam but most offer the option of changing to rear cam. There are of course obvious benefits of rear cam when using an iPad for lpsg chat. However I cannot find any way of changing from front to rear cam with the system lpsg is using.

I don’t think this is something I can do with my settings. There are threads online where iPad users are asking how to get rear cam with a range of video conferencing systems. The answer seems to be either there will be an option when joining, or click on your tile onscreen and the option to change cam will pop up. Despite much clicking I just cannot find anything with lpsg chat.

Have I missed something? Is there any way of using lpsg chat with a rear camera on an iPad?

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve just done a few tests with my iPad and cannot find a way to force the back camera to be the default. It appears the only setting to flip is when you are actually using the camera using the native apple app. Those options don’t appear in chat. This chat is a work in progress and hopefully that feature is implementable.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks Squirrel. At least I’m not missing something simple!

Whereby.com has a system which works very well. It’s just a switch from front camera to back camera. FaceTime requires the tile to be clicked. It’s a bit clunky but it works. The facility for rear cam in new lpsg chat would be amazing.