Using the lords name in vain.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Speaking of Irish in hell, this reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from The Sopranos.

Its the scene where Pauli "Walnuts" is responding to Christopher's prior statements about having a near death experience in the operating room where he thinks he spent time in Hell.

Pauli holds forth on his theology of purgatory.

Notice that part of Christopher's supporting evidence that he was in hell is that the bar he was in was full of Irish who won every card game.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, sorry for another Sopranos diversion, but it does have a religious theme.

I think this 2 to 3 minutes sums up most of life in the Soprano household.

"Oh, I didn't mean to verge."

"Do I look like the friggin' Thornbird ovah heah?"

Last edited:

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The commandment is not..."don't swear"...the commandment is a teaching about the evil of being manipulative of Devign power.

No. You need to do 200 Hail Mary's and climb a mountain on your knees to a shrine with a statue of the virgin which moves if you stare at it too long. :tongue:

Duh! Hilaire Everything moves if you stare at it too long.

Would I receive atonement if I said 200 Hail Mary's, climbed a mountain on my knees to a shrine of the Irish deity and sucked his cock?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Duh! Hilaire Everything moves if you stare at it too long.

Would I receive atonement if I said 200 Hail Mary's, climbed a mountain on my knees to a shrine of the Irish deity and sucked his cock?

Yeah there was a rash of these so called moving statue events in the early 1990's here, people standing staring a statues around sunset thought the statues were moving, it was retarded.

Who is this Irish deity of whom you speak?

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The day most Christians respect my Religion, then I’ll return the favor …otherwise back off

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah there was a rash of these so called moving statue events in the early 1990's here, people standing staring a statues around sunset thought the statues were moving, it was retarded.

That would probably be the horny Celtic god Cernunnos.

I liked that Maeve woman the Irish are into, from Tara Hill. Seemed like a proper historical ho. :biggrin1:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought they did. Halloween innit? :biggrin1:

and Oh Goody! Halloween is on a Sunday :eek: now I not only get to hear how Evil It is but we can't have it on The Lords Day:rolleyes: ... what? am I going to do with all this candy and the bat I've been training to fly into peoples hair.:tongue: Goddamn the fun police

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and Oh Goody! Halloween is on a Sunday :eek: now I not only get to hear how Evil It is but we can't have it on The Lords Day:rolleyes: ... what? am I going to do with all this candy and the bat I've been training to fly into peoples hair.:tongue: Goddamn the fun police

erm, Batfink candycanes?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just about every curse or bad expletive I can think of in Spanish always includes doing something to the Virgin Mary or Jesus. The most common ¡Cago en el (la?) hostia! which sort of translates in English as I shit on the host of Christ (in reference to the communion wafer) is as common as Hola, ¿qué tal? But none of them compare to the artistry possessed by my dad who could weave the name of god into an endless number of prosaic expressions. One of my all time favorites was Jesus creeping shit! My dad was a great person and I miss him.