Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bwahaa-haa. :D Nearly made me choke on my coffee here. :D It's TRUE! public toilets are not that high in water at all. It's bouncing your business off the side of the damn bowl. That SQUICKS me the fuck out and I feel the urge to *wash everything*. It's in the home where there are commonly installed low water usage toilets with the shallow slope and higher waterline in the cistern that get me off guard sometimes - still that annoying bump against the side that makes me shiver every time.

I am with the other fellow above though. Anytime, anywhere, gotta pee? Pee.

Got a line behind me? I still pee. Someone ballsy enough to peek, I'll show. Likely the eyes go straight ahead and forward again - not a lot of interested folk in the "engineering community" I tend to circulate around in. Though I am intrigued as to what would happen if someone smiled. o_O Guys get funny around dick. :p

And you can't stand?

I don't know where you guys find these highwater toilets, btw. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I've used that type before, except it wasn't just a tank. It was like a circular handwash sink with a bar at the bottom that you step on to make the water come out. The water comes out of a pedestal in the center of the basin in a circle all round. A lot like a fountain. If a guy is pissing directly across from you his business is obscured by the pedestal. Anyone else is easy to see. Those are pretty rare. It's been years since I remember using one.
I think what you've described is actually intended to be a sink designed for lots of people to wash their hands simultaneously. I've seen them installed in factory bathrooms where hundreds of workers use them before leaving at the end of their shifts. Those same bathrooms had rows of urinals along the wall. I had occasion as a child to frequently spend time in a factory and mistakenly used them as a urinal until I was corrected. The women's bathroom contained the same sinks, so their intended purpose would seem clear.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think what you've described is actually intended to be a sink designed for lots of people to wash their hands simultaneously. I've seen them installed in factory bathrooms where hundreds of workers use them before leaving at the end of their shifts. Those same bathrooms had rows of urinals along the wall. I had occasion as a child to frequently spend time in a factory and mistakenly used them as a urinal until I was corrected. The women's bathroom contained the same sinks, so their intended purpose would seem clear.
That's possible too, but they are definitely at pissing height. I guess if you walked in and that's all there was, you'd use them to piss in AND wash your hands at the same time! :smile2:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Wow, I had no idea that taking piss could be so traumatic...
I think you mean dramatic. :smile2: When I was in the Army even twenty years ago, we were piss tested about every two or three months. Because of all the scams, they would follow you into the stall and stand right there. I've only ever been piss shy a couple times that I can think of, once when in line at a concert venue because I knew people were lined up behind me. But after that experience in the Army, I've never been piss shy since.

D

deleted512095

I'm not exactly pee shy, but I'm very modest in real life business plus I'm always afraid to get a hardon at urinals so mostly I use the stalls. I'll try to use urinals more often, now I've decided to overcome general modesty, but its a long term thing...

bluepony

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was pissing in a kind of sink like stainless steel trough urinal beside a high school kid along with an older guy washing his hands at the sink. I have to focus a bit to get going but I got my business done. I noticed the kid was still standing there as I washed my hands. I was amused by his comment " ahh I just can't piss in this thing" made to the older guy who must have been his grandfather. I think he gave up then as I walked out.

I used to be real urinal shy but have become better in my adult years. I guess the kid needs more practice.

OreoTheCookie

1st Like
Media
I always can't help but show off at the urnal. I stand back a little and press my pants down to my belly so my whole length sticks out. I'm too afraid to look and see if they are watching, but it still is exciting. It's a pride thing. Since I'm married now, I have very few opportunities to show its size off.

Reactions: deleted16124871

dc46064

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You must live in some dangerous urban area.
See the difference in area's. You are from southwest. Mid west to the east coast is one wild place. Lived all over. I dont go into Indianapolis without a hand gun. Never owned a gun till I moved to Indiana and I came from New Orleans. Never would have thought that till I moved here.

nzsomebody

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
never heard of pee shiver before.. didn't find any video as well so I'm really curious to see such thing! got any link?
I get these pretty much everytime! Basically at the end, I guess when "things" are closing up, I get what I can only best describe as a tickle that makes me shiver. It's not a bad feeling, it actually feels kinda nice :)

My problem at urinals is the opposite. No matter if there's someone at them or not, I can't seem to use them without starting to get an erection. Conciously, I'm not thinking anything sexual but I guess subconciously I get off on having my dick out :confused:

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At times, like currently I have an inflamed prostrate that makes peeing difficult. At times I can barely pee, but feel the need to and other times I am like a race horse. I bet there are a lot of men out there that at times have the same problem and that can account for standing there a long time.

NiceDude

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well this weekend there was a festival and only troughs! And although the first time was a bit of a 'shy stream', once I was comfortable it was okay the other times and saw some nice cocks as a bonus ;). It pays off to get over your shyness guys!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Urinals, especially trough-style urinals, have never been an issue. I never even thought about it being an issue until reading about it in various threads on LPSG. I grew up on a farm/ranch with lots of different farm hands and when one of us needed to take a piss (in doors or out) we'd all go together. I can't count the number of times as an adolescent and young teenager I'd take a whiz with a couple of straight guys and we'd goof off crossing and pissing into each other's streams of urine. Seemed innocent enough at the time.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm not exactly pee shy, but I'm very modest in real life business plus I'm always afraid to get a hardon at urinals so mostly I use the stalls. I'll try to use urinals more often, now I've decided to overcome general modesty, but its a long term thing...
Baby steps.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, there have been several good threads on this subject already. One of my earlier comments is here.

In the 2 years since that comment, I have distilled my paruresis into this: to effectively use a public voiding scheme -- be it a row of urinals, a trough or a lineup of guys pissing against a wall or through a fence -- you actually have to want to be there. Looked at the other way, if you dread being there or desperately wish you were alone, then it's gonna be hard as hell to take a piss in public.

Yeah, I tried all the "foolproof" methods -- doing square roots in my head, fixating on a spot on the wall, staring at my own cock, not staring at my own cock, and humming The Star Spangled Banner. Nothing worked. Until one day, I said to myself, "You're going about this all wrong. Imagine instead that this is the place you most want to be in the world. There's no rush, it doesn't matter if anyone's looking or listening, it doesn't matter if you pee or not. It's not intimidating; it's collegial. Just really, really want to be right here, right now. Relax and enjoy the moment." Bingo... it's worked ever since.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Proximity in urinating is very much a cultural and class thing. People of Anglo-Saxon (hate the definition but it is in use) are inclined to keep a greater distance apart than say people of Southern Europe and the Middle East. Upper classes are less inclined to hide their penis with the hand when peeing in urinals.

I have personally observed that in the US military, officers will never urinate alongside an enlisted man, yet European officers and from the higher classes would think such behaviour as snobbish and unmanly. I am from a horsey family and as a kid attended many horse and agricultural shows, where the conveniences for men were usually a canvas marquee where the trough was literally that, roofing guttering held up 60cm from the ground by metal stakes every metre or so. As a nipper I couldn't reach, and recall the first time I entred unaccompanied a chap in hunting pink had to hold me up so I could tinkle. No one was embarrassed.

The weirdest urinal I ever made use of was in the court house of a sleepy southern town in the US: for some obscure reason the 19th century iron urinal was mounted on a 3 metre long plinth, so you had to step up about 25cm to use it. It was empty when I called in but was somewhat disconcerting as the open court house holding cells were right next to them.

Last edited:

MaxCurious

1st Like
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm still extremely pee-shy. Starting to work to overcome it though...baby steps. I don't really remember being pee-shy until high school...until that point I don't think I ever used urinals and would always go for the stall, but I never thought anything of it and was just fine with it. High school I remember freshman year using a really exposed urinal by the sink with other kids waiting...that went fine and was actually one of my first urinal experiences, but after that being pee-shy became a huge issue.

Somehow it got worse throughout high school...one summer I went camping with friends and they all decided to pee in a steam while I just awkwardly stood there...later I had issues peeing and it was embarrassing but they didn't say anything about it. Later in the night however, I was actually pretty fine peeing in the woods. Juniors year I started trying to overcome my issues...tried to use urinals in school when bathroom was empty, etc. I also started to have issues going in stalls, afraid what others would think about me standing up in a stall in the first place (and not using a urinal).

Still having issues, they fluctuate between better and worse. When I'm with people I know, or peeing somewhere in my community where someone could know me, I have issues. If I'm at an amusement park or somewhere not near home, I'm generally fine, knowing whoever "judges" me will forget me in 10 minutes. Granted, I still avoid urinals at all costs and these situations are in stalls. I explained this poorly.

Recently I ran into another issue in which I was at a friend's house and it was super quiet and he was close outside the door...I couldn't start for some reason, afraid of the sound or something idk.

I guess I've had issues with peeing throughout my life, although the first 10 years it was because I wet the bed at night (or wore Pull-Ups or whatever). I went from one extreme to the other :(. Hopefully taking gymfresh's outlook helps in the future...just saying it doesn't matter how long it takes to start or who's listening.

Nudesouth

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I used to be worried then I became an show off, esp. after my piercing. But all thru HS never used the bathroom then in college I turned. I rub the underside of my head, frenum and it gets the stream going. It also gets you sort of plump so that helps. I love the football games around town, so many guys drunk pissing in the long trench style urinal. Funny to watch newbies come in and wait in line to pee. It also kills me the number of guys that go into a stall, shut and lock the door then pee standing up.

New Orleans has the best bar urinals I have seen. One place towards the end of strip has the urinal like a tiles wall right by the hall. The place had no door and the ladies waiting in line can see right there. I did a lot of left hand pissing that night showed my cock off to as many as I could.

My general train of thought is this:

If either one of us have something we have not seen then ONE of us have a problem. Hope its not me. lol.