Using Vasiline to shave you pubes?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_joe38, Sep 17, 2009.

1. B_joe38

B_joe38 New Member

I read the other day that you can use Vasiline in stead of shaving cream to shave your pubic area. That will prevent itching. Did anybody try it? I dont shave down there. Share your findings with us. :)

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Eeww! :eek: I would never do that. Vaseline is thick and gloppy and would clog up the blades.

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Why would you ever need to use anything other than a shaving cream or soap suds to shave?

The chemistry of Vaseline along with the physics of shaving make the assertion rather preposterous.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't shave (down there) but I learned something one morning in a hotel when I ran out of shaving gel. Eros lube give a clean close shave upstairs so I'm inclined to believe it would do a great job downstairs.

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yeah there's no reason that vaseline shouldn't work, shaving oils are common enough for your face ( I use one, for my face and pubes ) and as long as one didn't slather on loads of it I expect that vaseline would act in the same way as a shaving oil. The problem would be that it doesn't wash off easily which might cause problems with not being able to properly exfoliate to prevent ingrowth of hairs.

6. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yeah there's no reason that vaseline shouldn't work, shaving oils are common enough for your face ( I use one, for my face and pubes ) and as long as one didn't slather on loads of it I expect that vaseline would act in the same way as a shaving oil. The problem would be that it doesn't wash off easily which might cause problems with not being able to properly exfoliate to prevent ingrowth of hairs.

7. freeballer24

freeballer24 New Member

Albums:
    I don't shave my pubes, I like my pubes. But that sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea lol. You could try it and see if it works though.

Draft saved Draft deleted