Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got one a few years ago and ever since then...
to my utmost displeasure...
I'll get one sporadically.

Does anyone else suffer from this pain in the ass'?
Any advice that seems to help you prevent UTI's?
I can honestly say I drink way too much caffinated beverages and hardly any water. I'm guessing that's what's wrong with me. I barely drink anything at all to be honest ---now that I think about. I'll take a full glass of water and drink like 2 sips.

Oh, I'm -real- healthy.
Any other tips?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I get them all the time from the friction of sex. I started getting them when i was a teenager. During times of no sexual activity i would not get them at all.

I have a small urethra which makes me more prone to getting the bacteria into my bladder. At 17 i had a urethral dilation surgery which seemed to help for a short while. I'll never get that done again.

I'm going to talk to my ob/gyn about it when i go in to see her soon. I've had probably 5 since January. I cant seem to get rid of the same one im guessing. I'm hoping she can give me some sort of prophylactic antibiotic treatment.

They are a huge pain in the ass!

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aw man Rouge, that seriously sucks. Good to hear I'm not the only one suffering from the beast though.
5 since Janruary! Christ almighty.

Yeah, I get them randomly when I'm having sex ... when I'm not.

JohnMus

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My g/f (now wife) used to get them a lot.. She is a nurse and she said it was from too much sex.. I told her you cannot have too much sex... :smile: They have reduced now that we are not like rabbits in heat in the early days of our relationship...

I have heard that cranberry juice helps a lot.. Not just when you have symptons but as a bit of a preventative measure as well... Water is always good for you too but the cranberry juice is said to help...

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm 14 years into the chronic UTI's........cranberry does nothing but help you pee more. Once the bacteria is into the bladder and multiplying there is nothing that can be done other than antibiotics to kill the bacteria so the symptoms will go away.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck, dude. I'm RIGHT there with you. Antibotics sometimes make things get a little YEASTY down there. It's a double edged sword. Either, you're not in pain peeing every five seconds.. OR you're itchy. Haha.

Yeah cranberry juice doesn't really do much.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Notthe7, you should definitely drink plenty of liquids, especially water - and yeah, caffeine is a diuretic so that's not gonna help. Cranberry juice may help fight off infections (not do anything once you get one), so if you like the taste, it wouldn't hurt to make that one of your beverages. :smile:

My ob/gyn told me to go to the bathroom when you feel the need to go - don't hold it in for a long time. Also, go right after you have sex - drink a glass of water if you need to do that (hopefully it was intense enough that you need to rehydrate any way). Another thing I heard is to avoid FDS perfumed sprays, douches, etc., because they can cause irritation.

Wipe front to back, too. Our urethras have less distance to travel to our bladders than guys do, so that's why women tend to get UTIs more often than men.

I've used amoxicillin the couple of times I've had them and that worked.

If they're recurring with regularity, you should def see your ob/gyn. Good luck!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
All good advice so far. When I was in my early 20's I had a period of about 6 months when I seemed to have a UTI as often as not. I found 50% of the time I could pee it away - I drank lots of hot water (with lemon in it, or weak herbal tea if I got too bored of just hot water) and lots of cold water and sweated it out. The other 50% of the time that didn't work and I had to go get antibiotics.

I used to think hygene was a factor but that 6 months totally proved that not to be the case because my then b/f and I went from quite strict to very strict about washing before and after sex and it made no difference. For me, like Red, it was only in active sexual times that it happened, but I also had friends who were having similar problems but weren't in a sexual relationship.

Avoiding one - well, they can be caused by so many different things that that'd be damn near impossible. Best thing to do is spot the signs as early as possible and stay as hydrated as possible.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a double edged sword. Either, you're not in pain peeing every five seconds.. OR you're itchy. Haha.

Yeah cranberry juice doesn't really do much.

my girlfriend get uti's and then as it is getting better she get "yeasty"
compiled on top of it with HEMROIDS.

ahhh sex is so awesome.
:wink:
she uses AZO until she get antibiotics,the she gets pills and cream for her yeast infection
throw in some preperation H and you get a colourful picture.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
ugh, UTIs suck!!!!! luckily i haven't had one in quite some time *knocks on wood* but every woman's body is different.

here's a few things i keep up on to prevent UTIs from happening:

-drink lots of fluids, meaning H2O and cranberry juice, which also helps the urinary tract and regulates and cleanses out your system. you don't have to cut back on the starbucks :tongue: lol, but it's good to switch it up to keep those suckers from coming back.

-clean your sex toys thoroughly with soap and warm water before and after each use. any leftover, crusty, dried up "juices" can cause further problems. (i learned this the hard way and things began to itch like crazy downstairs.)

-when you wipe after using the bathroom, wipe from front to back. i know i sound so motherly saying this, but some women i know have told me they still wipe back to front :eek:

-during sex, change your condoms if you're going from anal to vaginal and vice versa. if any bacteria in your anus makes its way into your vagina, it can cause a UTI or a yeast infection. this also applies for cunnilingus and analingus as well... lol, keep some mouthwash handy :biggrin1:

-and lastly, no sex while you have a UTI. not only do i hear it's painful, but it's not healthy either. your UTI will probably stick around longer if you keep having sex.

feel better soon, notthe7. i hope my list helps! i've stuck to it and i've been UTI free for almost a whole year.

just

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've always heard that you're supposed to pee after sex... definitely do that.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I was diagnosed with a lazy bladder after having 13 bladder infections in one year. They've done a battery of tests (covered by OHIP in Canada) and they have concluded that I don't pee enough and my bladder is twice the size it should be.

They told me:
pee every 2-3 hours
drink plenty of water
limit pop and acidic juices (orange)
take prescribed medication if need be.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Notthe, seems like you know what the problem is! You need to pee more. And for that, you need to drink more. I would recommend that you start carrying a beverage or bottle of water around with you. Make sure you empty your water bottle a set number of times during the day. Personally, I find that room-temperature water is easier to drink in large amounts than cold.

If the anti-biotics are giving you ladies Yeastie Beasties (I am SO stealing that!) then you should try taking L. Acidophilus . It is a probiotic which will counter the negative side-effects of the prescription, as well as promote colon health. In fact, if you take a pill with at least one billion live, active organisms at time of manufacturing every day, you will probably never have a yeast infection again. I get lazy and don't always take mine. So, occasionally, I get a yeast infection. First I treat it with plain yogurt applied directly to the itching. Because it is nice and cool, the relief is instant. Then I take a four billion organism dose of the L. Acidophilus, and an Advil once every four hours until the infection is gone. The Advil treats pain, and itching is a pain. I find that with a low level of Advil in my system, I don't itch, which means I won't rub myself raw and have a whole new problem. This treatment usually works within three days for a really bad outbreak, or overnight for a minor one.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
she uses AZO until she get antibiotics

We always have a supply of this stuff in the house. The Mrs gave me one once when I felt what she described as interstitial cystitis...it worked, but freaked me right the fuck out the next time I went to pee and it came out dark reddish-orange.

My wife is similar to some of you ladies who have posted here...she started developing UTIs when we began seeing one another. It was easy to correlate them to our sexual activity, as we were living in different cities and would see each other about every other weekend.

Her ob/gyn confirmed it...the UTIs were most likely caused by inflammation and irritation of the whole area around her urethra. She was asked about my size...nothing specific, but whether I was on the larger side. When she confirmed that, she said her doctor grinned and told her that yeah, big boys can be fun, but it usually came with this price for a lot of us.

Her doc's advice mirrored what's been posted here: drink lots of water, cranberry is only a mild preventative, pee immediately after sex (helps wash bacteria out of the urethral orifice), wipe front-to-back.

She's also apparently discussed it with my mom, so I'm now possessed with the reluctant knowledge that she has similar issues, and her doctor actually performed a urethral dilation that seemed to mitigate the problems. Can't say more about it...at this point, I stuck my fingers into my ears and started chanting Alouette...

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We always have a supply of this stuff in the house. The Mrs gave me one once when I felt what she described as interstitial cystitis...it worked, but freaked me right the fuck out the next time I went to pee and it came out dark reddish-orange.

My wife is similar to some of you ladies who have posted here...she started developing UTIs when we began seeing one another. It was easy to correlate them to our sexual activity, as we were living in different cities and would see each other about every other weekend.

Her ob/gyn confirmed it...the UTIs were most likely caused by inflammation and irritation of the whole area around her urethra. She was asked about my size...nothing specific, but whether I was on the larger side. When she confirmed that, she said her doctor grinned and told her that yeah, big boys can be fun, but it usually came with this price for a lot of us.

Her doc's advice mirrored what's been posted here: drink lots of water, cranberry is only a mild preventative, pee immediately after sex (helps wash bacteria out of the urethral orifice), wipe front-to-back.

She's also apparently discussed it with my mom, so I'm now possessed with the reluctant knowledge that she has similar issues, and her doctor actually performed a urethral dilation that seemed to mitigate the problems. Can't say more about it...at this point, I stuck my fingers into my ears and started chanting Alouette...

That was the name of Canada's 1st satellite.

hose 85

Experimental Member
Media
My wife has had the same problem as Hazelgod, with almost the same solution by her OB/GYN. We have found that if she stays off the top, cowgirl or reverse cowgirl, she does not have as many problems with UTI's.

Just my 2 cents, J.

walla99

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ugh…I’m late coming to this thread but just wanted to give you some sympathy because I’ve been dealing with this the last few months…

I’ve gotten maybe 3-4 uti’s EVER (I am 33) and with my current boyfriend, I’ve also had 4 or so within 2 months. It’s very much related to sex for me but why so bad with this guy I have no idea. (I have wondered if it had anything to do with his size...but he's not that big, just bigger than average...)

I’ve done all the things: Drank lots of water, peed before and after sex (which is hard to do if you’re having a lot of sex like I was in the beginning of the relationship), took cranberry supplements morning and night, wipe front to back, they even told me not to wear thongs but I think that is bs because it’s not a problem when I’m not having sex… (Studies have shown cranberry to be effective in PREVENTING infection in the bladder because tannins in the fruit keep the bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall but will not cure an infection. I’d have to drink 2 8 oz glasses of juice for it to work, so I took supplements which still didn’t help…)

You need to be seen when you have one because they will do a culture to tell what kind of bacteria it is so they use the correct antibiotic.

For me, I am to the point I take one antibiotic pill when I have sex and that has helped.

Also, we discussed seeing a urogynecologist to see if there was a structural problem but since I haven’t had this problem like this in the past, she didn’t think that was the case.

They do not really understand why this happens related to sex. It is more likely with a new partner although again not understood why. I’m hoping it will go away eventually. It sucks. I hate taking pills and antibiotics.

Oh and as far as the on the top…not happening here because that’s the only way I come during sex!

Oh and get thee to the ob/gyn if not for the uti but for the pap!! Very important!