UTI's and honeymoon cystitis

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Wyldgusechaz, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Any women here get or have gotten urinary tract infections after sex?

2. zaza

zaza New Member

I did after my first time,and do sometimes when I am having a lot of sex.

I do seem to be more prone to them with my boyfriend, which I attribute to him being large.

3. BurningVenus

BurningVenus New Member

After spending 5 months apart, I met my former love in Austria and we stayed in lovely chalet hotel in the mountains.

(use your imagination) . . .

The UTI hit while we were driving. The pain was so unbearable, I had him pull the car over, and I ran into a cold mountain lake.

Back at the hotel, he had a chat with the inkeeper, who dispensed anti-biotics to me and I was better in a day or two.

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, in my early twenties I developed a painful one. Drinking lots of water and taking a piss immediately after sex keeps them at bay.

5. Grit

Grit Member

Very common among newly weds or new couples. Never a week goes by without seeing 1 or 2 of these in the ER.

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I get them chronically. I'm being put though a bunch of different ultrasounds, bladder insertion things to try and figure out why. I'm not looking forward to some of the procedures.

7. Mackleanen Beebarf

Mackleanen Beebarf New Member

DW has had problems with them to the point of being almost paranoid, which is understandable as I sure wouldn't want one. She's convinced rear-entry positions are more likely to cause them due to the penis possibly rubbing around the back door before heading home. She also thinks my size is part of it. I suppose it's possible that the wider the vagina is opened, the more chance there is of something sneaking in there, but I've looked and looked and found no medical reference linking UTIs and partner endowment.

She does the cranberry juice and peeing afterward, but also, definite no-nos for us are doing it more than once a day or doing it when there's any HINT of discomfort on her part.

8. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have one and it was aweful... not to mention that my boss wouldn't let me go to the DR/leave work. [Quit that job :D]. They said it was really nasty .. i got medicine to numb my bladder [turning my piss bright orange] and a heavy dose of antibotics.. I drank like 4 gallons of cranberry juice too.
    Haven't had one since :: knock on wood ::

Note: this was when i was living with a guy and sex was frequent [ probably why i got it. ]

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

She can be put on a preventative, instead of drinking cranberry juice.

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

God it's like pissing razor blades, I've had cystitis at least a hundred times and I've had every test known to man and there's no reason why I get it, I just do. Fortunately I've had it so many times now I can tell when it's coming on and I can nip it in the bud with potassium citrate (for the UK ladies this is about £1.60 a bottle and a bottle will treat at least three separate episodes so works out much cheaper than the branded treatments). Quite often what's called cystitis is actually bruising of the bladder caused by too vigorous sex and if I've been overdoing it a bit I often take pot cit when I have no symptoms because I know for sure I'm going to be getting it. When it's a bruised bladder (the symptoms are exactly the same as cystitis proper) there's a definite link between cock size and the incredible indescribable agony of cystitis.

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Intresting... I'll have to look into that... maybe they will be able to tell me if that is what it is.

12. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Words of wisdom.

Most of the girls I've dated seemed prone to developing UTI's and/or interstitial cystitis, which leads me to believe either Aquarians are particularly susceptible, or frequent vigorous sex with a girthy wang might be a contributing factor.

The Mrs. also falls into this category. Way back when we were dating, she actually developed a UTI that her OB/GYN misdiagnosed as a yeast infection (?!?)...it turned into a nasty kidney infection. She was running a fever and couldn't even keep water down, so I had to take her to the ER. (This is how I actually met her parents for the first time, BTW. Nice, eh?) Based on her description and presentation, the doctor ordered a CT scan to look for kidney stones...none were there, but the pain and inflammation was that severe. Needless to say, she never went back to that gynecologist.

These days, she keeps Azo on hand at all times and takes sitz baths anytime she feels "cysititisy."

13. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When you've had it a lot of times you can tell before it comes on, I can't exactly explain how I feel before I'm going to get it, just 'not quite right'.

14. RubberHarley

RubberHarley Member

Albums:
    Oh, heavens, what a problem. My wife and I went on our honeymoon in New Orleans. We checked into the hotel and immediately started on our sexual quest. Some 24-hours later after I was dry and couldn't cum one more time, she had this unbearable pain. We got in a cab and went to a hospital ER. It was the Hotel Dieu, which in New Orlearns, "hotel" can mean "hospital". They thought nothing of it, but I was in a near panic. After her taking some kind of drugs and we "laying off" for 24-hours we were fine.

I think the problem was partially due to my size, her "smallness", and shooting multiple loads of cum, which caused the problem.

Haven't had any problems since then.

15. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

have never experienced

16. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

You're very lucky Act, a couple of times I've had it so bad there's been blood in my pee and visible bits of tissue, that's quite scary to see.

17. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Aw thats horrible... I had the infection travel to my kidney too. That was the most recent attack.
    It's that feeling.. you just know. Maybe you have to had them more then a few fair times to know what it feels like... the itch, the burn, and the pain.
    I can tell you one thing.. as much as you think it was because you were a stud and came alot... lol that didn't cause it. It's caused by bacteria being pushed in the urethra.

18. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

Water infections are deeply unpleasant and, contrary to medical textbook myth, men get them as well as women. I've had them several times and the worst one I had took two courses of antibiotics over a fortnight to clear up. It's the sort of experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

19. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    There was a time in my twenties when I was getting one at least once a month. They would happen so fast, and almost immediatley the urine would be cloudy and there would often be blood. My husband would carry me to the car and I would sit on the floor of it with a wash cloth in my pants so that I could continually bear down as if I were peeing, which seemed to offer some relief.

After a number of tests, it turned out I had developed a strong reaction lubricants. Now I always pee afterwards and I drink cranberry juice religiously. If you ever feel like one is coming on, drink some and it quickly helps.

20. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

I had several when hubby and I first got together......
    Then figured out that a main culprit was baby oil.....can't have that shit within a foot of my whole crotch area.
    I now have an antipathy toward baby oil, of all things.

(Maybe if they tried squeezing a different group of babies........:smile: ....sorry, my warped sense of humor:wink: )

Also buy cranberry extract capsules (Walmart herbal supplements) and if it hits you at the start of a weekend, take 3 or 4 of the capsules 3 or 4 times a day.
    It will take the edge off of it till you can get to a Dr. for antibiotics.

And drink LOTS of water......

I always thought it felt like someone lit a blowtorch in my bladder and in the whole urinary tract below it.....and is also torture immediately after you finish peeing....

Sheer misery.

Remember the movie "Green Mile" ?
    Tom Hanks' character had a UTI at the beginning.....he would sweat every time he peed.....
    I could certainly relate.

Draft saved Draft deleted