UTI's and honeymoon cystitis

Mackleanen Beebarf

Experimental Member
Media
She can be put on a preventative, instead of drinking cranberry juice.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but she takes the cranberry tablets (or whatever they're called). She hasn't been "put" on anything because aside from a couple of isolated cases, she's managed to treat it herself without going to a doctor. She said she'd consult one about long-term management if it happens again, though.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Not sure exactly what you mean, but she takes the cranberry tablets (or whatever they're called). She hasn't been "put" on anything because aside from a couple of isolated cases, she's managed to treat it herself without going to a doctor. She said she'd consult one about long-term management if it happens again, though.
Yeah the long term management thing. She could do that.

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to get them very often, I had surgery to dilate my urethrea ( it was a day thing) and it was not pleasant, however I haven't had a UTI in 10 years so it was well worth it.

In order to manage it now, I take cranberry tablets and drink lots of water, and try to pee immediately after sex. If I feel the onslaught of a UTI, I will try to flush it out with lots of cranberry juice and water. It usually does the trick, I don't like taking antibiotics unless I am in dire pain, since I grew a immunity to most antibiotics that treated UTI infections due to the frequency of my occurences.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I wish she would. It's gotten to the point where both of us are a little paranoid.
Make an appointment with your GP.
I used to get them very often, I had surgery to dilate my urethrea ( it was a day thing) and it was not pleasant, however I haven't had a UTI in 10 years so it was well worth it.

In order to manage it now, I take cranberry tablets and drink lots of water, and try to pee immediately after sex. If I feel the onslaught of a UTI, I will try to flush it out with lots of cranberry juice and water. It usually does the trick, I don't like taking antibiotics unless I am in dire pain, since I grew a immunity to most antibiotics that treated UTI infections due to the frequency of my occurences.
dilate your urethra? yikes..

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Cranberry juice and tablets do have a place in helping to reduce the likelihood of UTI's but they're not 100% effective by any means and they're only good within the field of prevention. They're not a cure. Antibiotics and plenty of water are the only cures I know of. A small amount of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water is supposed to help flush them out too.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get cystitis a lot - the worst pain I've known was from from a particularly intense attack - sometimes it's bruising but sometimes it doesn't go away for days and then I know it's an infection. I only get antibiotics if I'm sure I can't clear it up, as I read that they can cause scarring inside the bladder, which increases susceptibility to infections.

When I can afford it I stock up on D-Mannose, which is a naturally-occurring sugar that seems to attach to the bacteria's receptors so they can't cling to the bladder and instead get flushed out. It really works and has saved me from a number of impending cystitis attacks.

This is where I order from:
Coping with Cystits, Bladder Infections, and UTIs

Aitch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got my first ever bout of cystitis at 3.30am this morning...I'm not 'appy! :mad:

And I'm thoroughly pissed off with pissing!

I've had it so bad there's been blood in my pee and visible bits of tissue, that's quite scary to see.

Thats exactly what I had this morning - not sure about the 'tissue', think it was just little blood clots...

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My wife has this problem, and we do the whole cranberry thing. There are also homeopathic over the counters that help with it. Sometimes I get them, though rarely. My wife got them a lot when we were first married and doc said it was common with new couples. The peeing right afterwards helps.

Actually, a colleague of mine told me to tell my wife to pee in the shower every morning instead of using the toilet. Seems her doctor had told her that standing up makes you more likely to empty the entire bladder, thereby leaving less chance of infection. Wife tried it for awhile and it seemed to help, but it freaked her out. I saw no problem with it as there is plenty of water from the shower to put it down the drain.

Still, though, wife has vaginitis (or somethin like that) and has some pain during sex depending on a variety of factors. If we've not been together for awhile cause of work or whatever, it's often worse. I never related it to size, and neither did she since I'm the only guys she's been with. However, that could be a point.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know some people swear but it but I've never found drinking lots of cranberry juice any more helpful than drinking lots of water. I've been to a urologist regarding this and he specified sitting properly on the toilet seat is the most effective way of voiding one's bladder (no hovering in public toilets). For me I know without a doubt that a bout of cystitis will follow having sex with a big guy or having sex if I've gone without for a while.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I know some people swear but it but I've never found drinking lots of cranberry juice any more helpful than drinking lots of water. I've been to a urologist regarding this and he specified sitting properly on the toilet seat is the most effective way of voiding one's bladder (no hovering in public toilets). For me I know without a doubt that a bout of cystitis will follow having sex with a big guy or having sex if I've gone without for a while.

Yup and double yup!

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I got my first ever bout of cystitis at 3.30am this morning...I'm not 'appy! :mad:

And I'm thoroughly pissed off with pissing!

Thats exactly what I had this morning - not sure about the 'tissue', think it was just little blood clots...

If you haven't done so already I'd make a point of seeing the doctor, taking a sample wth you, as soon as possible. The sooner you can get treatment the quicker it's likely to work.