Experimental Member
Media
What's your BMI?

18.02 - underweight

Are you happy with your weight?

No. I wish I weighed more.

How do you keep trim?

I exercise on a regular basis
I eat veggies and fruit, along with three substantial meals in a day.
I naturally don't get big

Do you have man boobs?

No.

Are you skinny and proud?

I'm skinny, but not proud. I would like a bit more fat/muscle...

I know that in a few years, maybe when I'm in my late 20s, I'll probably put on the pounds and start looking plumper.

Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit?

:biggrin1: I love Jabba the Hut :cool:

Pup, the BMI thing is a bunch of over-generalized crap. I remember about seven/eight years ago, we were made to calculate our BMI in school. One girl, very fit and healthy, came out as overweight. She was very upset by this, but thankfully we convinced her she was fine.

As for me, I'm not at danger of fainting or low blood pressure or whatever.

My point is that this system is extremely outdated and too many people rely on it as 'The Magic Calculator' to tell them whether they are healthy or not. Muscle weighs more than fat, so some very fit people can turn out to be obese.

Looking at your pics, pup, you are nowhere near obese. Don't let the calculator fool you into thinking you are bigger than you actually are.

:kiss:

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No duh Sherlock, you lack the sense of humor to see that it was a joke.

No, it wasn't...jokes are funny.

I knew it was stone, but I, like most Americans, do not know what "a stone" weighs.

I figured you were either too stupid to realize it was indicating stone; or you did know that much, but were too stupid to know what it meant and/or too lazy to find out. Thanks for resolving the ambiguity for us.

Just FYI...aligning yourself intellectually with "most Americans" doesn't bolster your standing in the least.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My BMI is 23.6. I'm trying to lose 15 more pounds, which is going craptastically in the last month since I've been moving/homeless/moving.

Plus it makes people more likely to wanna fuck you. :biggrin1:

He's right, I can't keep my hands off my tits after losing all that weight. Wait, I think he meant other people. Oh, well.

BTW, that 11 calories per pound of bodyweight thing sounds more like an estimation of basal metabolic rate (how much you burn minus any sort of activity) more than how much the average person needs to eat a day. I'm about the same height and weight as you (albeit female-ish) and if I hit the gym regularly I can eat 1800 calories a day and lose weight pretty efficiently.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He's right, I can't keep my hands off my tits

I resemble that remark... :tongue:

WifeOfBath said:
BTW, that 11 calories per pound of bodyweight thing sounds more like an estimation of basal metabolic rate

That's exactly what it is. You so smart...makes me all gooey! Er...hard! Yeah, that's it...hard! :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just FYI...aligning yourself intellectually with "most Americans" doesn't bolster your standing in the least.

Thinking that you are smarter than everyone else (and thinking that you are always right), as you do, makes you look stupid.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sigh... weight.
I'm 5.7/8 and 13st5lbs... basically overweight I'm for my height.

I have a BMI Body Mass Index of 28.5 which puts me clearly in the overweight for my height range and quite close to the 29.9 marker of obese.

Here's the UK NHS BMI calculator.
Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator - NHS Direct

What's your BMI? 26.3
Are you happy with your weight? NO
How do you keep trim? Swimming and walking
Do you have man boobs? hahaha no :smile:
Are you skinny and proud? I used to be but it's been a while; about 10-12 years
Are you a Jabba the Hutt and just don't give a shit? Not even close, praise God!

Your thoughts please, gentle folks of LPSG.
Pup, x
I think that if you got out more and socialized people would see what a great and nice pup you are and you wouldn't be so lonely. :hug:

Now if you'll excuse I'm going to sit with my nose in the corner and see if I can cry some excess pounds off.
Don't waste your time, you'd do better to rent some funny movies and laugh. That burns more calories and you don't get dehydrated. :cool:

Americans don't work in stones?
Not unless they are stone masons and those are in short supply these days.

FWIW: BMI has been proven to be an inaccurate form of determining obesity and healthiness. You may have to look for another way to beat yourself up. :tongue:

BMI: Limitations & Shortcomings
The medical establishment has generally acknowledged some shortcomings of BMI.[10] Because the BMI is dependent only upon net weight and height, it makes simplistic assumptions about distribution of muscle and bone mass, and thus may overestimate adiposity on those with more lean body mass (e.g. athletes) while underestimating adiposity on those with less lean body mass (e.g. the elderly). For example Lance Armstrong was classified as "overweight" when he competed in the 1993 Tour de France.

Some argue that the error in the BMI is significant and so pervasive that it is not generally useful in evaluation of health.[11] Due to these limitations, body composition for athletes is often better calculated using measures of body fat, as determined by such techniques as skinfold measurements or underwater weighing and the limitations of manual measurement have also led to new, alternative methods to measure obesity, such as the body volume index. However, recent studies of American footballlinemen who undergo intensive weight training to increase their muscle mass show that they frequently suffer many of the same problems as people ordinarily considered obese, notably sleep apnea.[12][13]

In an analysis of 40 studies involving 250,000 people, heart patients with normal BMIs were at higher risk of death from cardiovascular disease than people whose BMIs put them in the "overweight" range (BMI 25-29.9).[14] Patients who were underweight (BMI <20) or severely obese (BMI >35) did, however, have an increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease. The implications of this finding can be confounded by the fact that many chronic diseases, such as diabetes, can cause weight loss before the eventual death. In light of this, higher death rates among thinner people would be the expected result.[citation needed]

A further limitation relates to loss of height through aging. In this situation, BMI will increase without any corresponding increase in weight.
BMI Not Accurate Indicator Of Body Fat

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that you should be happy the way you are. Learn to be personable people first. Develop the sense of humor. Seek the joie de vivre. Find what is loveable in living.

Stop hanging around people that cramp your style about your weight. It is hard when you are gay, overweight and in a nightclub scene with buff fellas with their shirts off dancing on pedestals.

So, if you wanna lose weight-- set small goals. If you set big goals and you fail...you could exascerbate things. Meanwhile, develop your sense of humor. Learn to be social. Be complimentary....and be very sincere when you do...people can smell bullsh*t. Learn to be empathetic.

Find out and learn what is sexy to you? There are various forms of sexy. Seek them all out. Cultivate eroticism. Read some erotica. Write down what is sexy to you. Try to figure out the reasons why behind why you feel. You may not know. But how can you understand someone else's sexuality if you never understood your own.

I bet you are wondering what in the fuck does this have to do with "UZZ PHAT PHUCKS".

Well. I know how it is. I feel so out of place. I don't fight people's perceptions. So I live to live my life and what makes me happy.

Brillig47

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Rugbypup, you have my sympathy. I've struggled with excess weight all my life, even when I only weighed 126lbs at 5'8" and had a 32" waist. I was convinced I was overweight. I peaked some years ago at 210lbs! Complained to my doctor about the inability to lose weight, despite the fact I cycled everywhere and had reasonably mobile work.

His solution; brisk walking for 1/2 an hour three days a week. It worked and became the new addiction. Also cut down on fat intake. Result after six months? Lost 42 lbs, and have managed to keep most of it off since by walking.

There's no escaping the fact, too many calories unburnt = stored body fat. No diets work. Only upping the metabolic rate and burning the fat off.