Va. boy drove 1,300 miles to Texas rodeo grounds

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

JETERSVILLE, Va. – A 13-year-old Virginia boy apparently loaded his family's pickup truck with food, clothes and his dog, hitched up a trailer with two horses in tow and drove nearly 1,300 miles to Texas, police said. The teen's parents found him safe Friday. Police are unsure why the boy ran away Wednesday morning from his Jetersville-area home. He apparently was well-prepared, even bringing extra propane tanks along.

Wyatt E. McLaughlin was found about 2 p.m. Friday on a rodeo grounds near Weatherford, Texas, where he had performed several times before. His parents looked for him there on a hunch, said Sgt. Tom Cunningham, a Virginia State Police spokesman. "These all don't turn out well," Cunningham said Friday night. "We're pleased to report the outcome was positive." The rodeo grounds are at least two hours away from the gas station, but "is a place the family had been to on several occasions and Wyatt had participated in rodeos."
Bless his heart, he's a cowboy. Though I do wonder what was going on at home and/or school to make him pack up and leave like that. This was not an impulsive child, he thought things out. Which means he will likely do it again if his parents don't start acting like they know. :irked:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Child abuse? Rodeo fetish? You never know.

Maybe his parents are divorcing and fight a lot. :confused: Maybe he just wanted to go somewhere he could be happy again. He'd been to that rodeo before as a competitor. Probably remembers it as the happiest time of his life. There is definetely more to this story.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Bless his heart, he's a cowboy. Though I do wonder what was going on at home and/or school to make him pack up and leave like that. This was not an impulsive child, he thought things out. Which means he will likely do it again if his parents don't start acting like they know. :irked:

Had I been exposed to Cirque Du Soleil earlier in my teens, I would've definately would've escaped kidnapping my Mom (as she really could cook. I didn't know how then.:eek:). I would be a handbalancer, a juggler, and a Cyr wheel acrobat. And I would've had some really cool threads and MAC Cosmetics out the ying yang. :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:frown1: Bless his heart. (but I mean it in the northern way).