Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was refering to the size on surgery day as it is clamped open after the incision.They do shrink once the body gets back to as normal as poss but even a 5-6 inch scar is smaller than an episiotomy scar.

I don't think we are talking about the same metric measurements. 5 or 6 inches is the size of an average length dick. Here's a picture of my c-section scar.

http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/20077d1200367843-ive-just-shaved-every-single-video-42_0003-jpg

I had my gallbladder removed like 6 weeks ago. It was done with 5 incisions laparascopically, it was supposed to be an easier recovery. I found it was just as difficult, if not in ways moreso, than my c-section. I have an incision from this surgery that goes vertically into my belly button (starting about an inch and a half below the navel) it was supposed to be much smaller but since my gallbladder was so enlarged he had to make a deeper incision from the inside in order to get it out. He had to cut into deeper fascial layers of the abdominal wall. The pain and soreness of this incision far outweighs what i had to deal with when i had the delivery.

But being a midwife, doula or otherwise, working with women during labor lets you see what the female body is capable of. It's empowering to help someone push that baby out when they thought they couldnt. I used to work in labor and delivery when i was in highschool preparing for medschool. I would rather be a part of a vaginal birth experience than the medical version of a birth in a surgery suite. No doubt.

I would prefer to be able to give birth like most women are designed to be able to do. As a woman who works in labor and delivery (Tasha) you should want to see more vaginal births and not want to resort to c-sections unless medically necessary. Your point of view is that of a person who has caught many babies. It makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Always be prepared for the birth plan to go right out of the window.In 13 years less than 5% of my patients have had the birth they planned right down to the letter.Epidurals/spinal block are not as bad as people think otherwise they wouldnt be widely used.

I hope my comments are read the way i intended and not sarcastic or patronising:smile:

Naw I didn't take it bad. I'm not planning on babies for awhile. I was just telling petite what I wanted. I worked in an ob/gyn clinic for three years and I got to read everything that went on. I already understand labor is as unpredictiable as a twister. I know what I want but I know it might not go that way. :biggrin1: I always like hearing what you have to say. You know your stuff![/QUOTE]

Thanks SG,i'm glad you read it as i meant it.I hope everyone else has/does as well.

I was not fit for birthing, i knew this my entire adult life, but the Gyn wants to not have another surgery without "trying to let her birth" on his record. I would have opted for a c-section if i had the choice. I had 33 hours of grueling unproductive labor with tons of vaginal bleeding going on at the same time. But since my baby didn't show any signs of stress i was allowed (more like made to) go on for many more hours. By the time i got to the surgery, i was so exhausted, bled a lot and my uterus wouldn't contract to stop the bleeding where the placenta was removed. I was then put under general anaesthesia and almost had a hysterectomy at 21 years old because i bled out 1,200 cc's of blood.

I scared the doctors. But if i had my way i would have trusted my own instict and knew that even a 6 pound baby was in no way going to fit. They had to work hard to get her back out of my pelvis via the c-section.

I knew i couldnt give birth. But i didn't have much choice at the time but to trust the doctors i was seeing. They really didn't think much of my opinion or worries because they've seen physically smaller women have huge babies. Since they were considering the size of the pelvis from the inside on even seemingly tiny women, they assumed mine had to be bigger right? Wrong. Mine is even smaller, even if i'm of normal stature. I don't think choosing a c-section for purely cosmetic reasons is safe.

For people like me, my child and i would have died many years ago without modern medicine. I'm glad i ultimately had a c-section. I wish i didnt have to endure the days of exhausting labor and bleeding beforehand. All of this is why i won't have another child.

The c-section is no picnic in the park and the numbness i had post-section was in the bladder area and over in the bikini incision. Within a couple of months i had full sensation back. No problems with vaginal or clitoral sensation the entire time. I know many others who had a c-section and only one of them had issues (which was a post c-section incision infection)

The risks might be higher than compared to a normal, noncomplicated vaginal birth. But people like me don't have normal uncomplicated vaginal births. And if we have trouble fitting regular gynecological instruments, or tear with two finger exams in the docs office, we are likely to need several cuts to deliver vaginally and tear even beyond that. The nerve risks alone for the vaginal tearing/cutting is immense. I'd rather be able to sit on my bottom again and enjoy sex the way i always remembered. We were allowed to have sex 2 weeks post op. No waiting 6 weeks if you don't want to. Because things aren't nearly as messed up when the uterus is cut versus the vaginal/rectal fascial tissue.

Which was exactly my point.

The nerve risks are immense for c sections as well and in my experience have seen so many more probs following a c section for patients.Of course i'm only going by what i have personally seen in my time as a midwife,not able to comment on others who i havnt encountered but have heard of many.You was lucky you wasnt too sore,or tired,for intercourse after just 2 weeks though.I kinda know what you mean by things being less messed up but in other ways it is more messed up (in the long term)

I know after my 1st delivery (vag) i was still sore but i expected to be after delivering a 11.6lbs baby.:eek: With the sections,wayyyyyyyyyyy to sore and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too tired as i had twins who thought that they should be forever being held and fed lol.

Anyway,back to the OP.....i cannot imagine being fisted...sounds scary!!:eek:

I have seen it being done and the woman in question is still as tight as she was before she was ever fisted.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Naw I didn't take it bad. I'm not planning on babies for awhile. I was just telling petite what I wanted. I worked in an ob/gyn clinic for three years and I got to read everything that went on. I already understand labor is as unpredictiable as a twister. I know what I want but I know it might not go that way. :biggrin1: I always like hearing what you have to say. You know your stuff!

Thanks SG,i'm glad you read it as i meant it.I hope everyone else has/does as well.

Which was exactly my point.

The nerve risks are immense for c sections as well and in my experience have seen so many more probs following a c section for patients.Of course i'm only going by what i have personally seen in my time as a midwife,not able to comment on others who i havnt encountered but have heard of many.You was lucky you wasnt too sore,or tired,for intercourse after just 2 weeks though.I kinda know what you mean by things being less messed up but in other ways it is more messed up (in the long term)

I know after my 1st delivery (vag) i was still sore but i expected to be after delivering a 11.6lbs baby.:eek: With the sections,wayyyyyyyyyyy to sore and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too tired as i had twins who thought that they should be forever being held and fed lol.

Anyway,back to the OP.....i cannot imagine being fisted...sounds scary!!:eek:

I have seen it being done and the woman in question is still as tight as she was before she was ever fisted.[/QUOTE]

I was too tired for sex 2 weeks post. I was still sore from the c-section even though the bleeding had stopped. I was scared to be torn from sex since i tore so many times during the labor when they would digitally check my cervix.

We did play around and have some orgasms without penetration. At that time i was nursing and it seemed like my whole life was nothing but being a milk factory.

I think the bikini (horizontal) incision) is far safer long term post surgery than the old fashioned up/down incision. This very small incision below my navel being up and down is just in the wrong place to be able to move around and be comfortable. My sis in law had 4 c-sections and her first 3 were the up/down and her last was the sideways incision. She is mobidly obese and i have no idea how her incisions stayed closed before, but she was much happier and less sore with the traditional modern horizontal bikini incision.

Here in the US we don't really have midwives and consultants. We have a doctor we see that has been doing our pap smears for years, or change to another doctor if we want. But we have not much choice in anything else. Even some old fashioned docs still drape the laboring womans legs with surgical drapes in order to cover everything but her vagina while she is birthing. It's crazy!

Ok i'll quit hijacking this thread with my c-section talk. But its hard to talk about fisting without referring to birthing.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I don't think we are talking about the same metric measurements. 5 or 6 inches is the size of an average length dick. Here's a picture of my c-section scar.

http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/20077d1200367843-ive-just-shaved-every-single-video-42_0003-jpg

I had my gallbladder removed like 6 weeks ago. It was done with 5 incisions laparascopically, it was supposed to be an easier recovery. I found it was just as difficult, if not in ways moreso, than my c-section. I have an incision from this surgery that goes vertically into my belly button (starting about an inch and a half below the navel) it was supposed to be much smaller but since my gallbladder was so enlarged he had to make a deeper incision from the inside in order to get it out. He had to cut into deeper fascial layers of the abdominal wall. The pain and soreness of this incision far outweighs what i had to deal with when i had the delivery.

But being a midwife, doula or otherwise, working with women during labor lets you see what the female body is capable of. It's empowering to help someone push that baby out when they thought they couldnt. I used to work in labor and delivery when i was in highschool preparing for medschool. I would rather be a part of a vaginal birth experience than the medical version of a birth in a surgery suite. No doubt.

I would prefer to be able to give birth like most women are designed to be able to do. As a woman who works in labor and delivery (Tasha) you should want to see more vaginal births and not want to resort to c-sections unless medically necessary. Your point of view is that of a person who has caught many babies. It makes sense

Oh i know,your hubby posted and we was all thinking of you.I know keyhole isnt always as less stressful and easy recovered as being cut wide open.

I'm glad you understood what i meant MR.I am really passionate about being a midwife and that is why i say what i do.I'd hate for Petite to suffer a c section uneccassarily.....if that makes sense.On the same token i'd hate to see her suffer if she had a vag delivery that she wasnt able to get through.

Thank you, Princess! I'm excited, too!

Have a pink bundle..i love pink!! Can't wait to hear names as well:smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd hate for Petite to suffer a c section uneccassarily.....if that makes sense.On the same token i'd hate to see her suffer if she had a vag delivery that she wasnt able to get through.

Have a pink bundle..i love pink!! Can't wait to hear names as well:smile:

I know you mean well and you're concerned about my safety and my health, PrincessTasha! I understand that and I appreciate it! *hugs*

I'm hoping for a little girl, too!